It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Being close to a Will O the Wisp/ Orb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have been told by my g/f that I am one of the very few people to survive being in a close proximity (within 20 ft) of a will O the wisp. How true is this? I was close enough to describe the surface of the thing as a spherical headlight (texture). It was orange/ grapefruit sized, and somewhat incandescent (coloring).

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Willo the Wisp, WOW! long time since I've heard that title. I recall that show, I was a bit older at the time, but i still remember it. I can still recall the song.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
where were you at the time as this is normally a swamp thing or on a moor

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Try Va/ NC line- farmland, and where this thing was.. It was making like a bike light (on the side of the road, yet) till it got to me. It flew over lumbered hillside.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

When you see one (and seems that for me, I got a special viewing), Those "camera orbs" are laughable!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It was just a FIREFLY!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I haven't seen the "outdoor kind", though I have had two close encounters. Both looked the same. The purest white light, a 3d ball-like light about 6-7 inches in diameter, really, almost blue it was so white, if that makes sense. The light came from inside the ball, but really, it was like the ball itself had a slight fog over it. It moved about 2 feet above my floor, came out of nowhere, moved for about 10 feet, and disappeared. The most interesting thing was that it had a comet-like tail. It moved so fast, yet slow motion, that I actually could still see its light behind it, which gave it a tail-like essence, though totally illusory.

My sightings were a year or two apart in two different states and came from out of nowhere, though I knew the second time it was going to happen, because it was like an electrical current came through the room and gave me instant goosebumps. I can kind of "read" energy and I will tell you, it was like the orb itself was alive, intelligent, and all-sensing. I cannot explain it any better. Time sped up and stood still all at once the whole time I saw it, which wasn't that long.

I will tell you, from my experience, there was a reason I saw it each time. It was not an accident. Do you consider yourself to be "psychic" in any way or have some sort of heightened awareness or intuition? Have you had any other unexplained experiences that could be thought of as "ghostly" or paranormal (i.e., hauntings, ufo sightings, etc.)?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

If it wasn't a firefly then it was a Demon

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Not everything in this world is demons

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

"Do you consider yourself to be "psychic" in any way or have some sort of heightened awareness or intuition? Have you had any other unexplained experiences that could be thought of as "ghostly" or paranormal (i.e., hauntings, ufo sightings, etc.)? "

I'm doing the short list, since I need to be in bed soon:

The Orb
UFO sighting (so close, he was almost double parked- power line level. g/f could see the pilot)
The box o mystery in my side of the bed a couple months ago
Ghost battle in Chesnee
Shadow people a couple weeks ago- damned ex g/f dream (long story, supernatural earmarks, tho)
Something weird with copters earlier this year (around dec/ jan, I think)
More than one time slip/ trip- to the point I half expected the TARDIS.

There were a couple other things...
Notably today was a "flash"- seemed like a camera flash up in the sky- I'd say lightening, but it was 1 flash, and the clouds were way too thin for lightening. Issac swung by a few hours earlier. G/f saw it too, and thought it was strange as well. It looked either dead on visually, or a poof of energy (like a.... well.. camera flash with a reflector and everything behind it, like in movies and tv shows)

As for psychic... I am getting more accurate. Some of it seems to be knowledge retrieval for some things- and some... *shrug* I do that "weird crap" real psychics do. There are times I am so sensitive, I could be considered paranoid, and there's others, You have to slug me with a 2x4 before I notice things.

I am off to bed. I dunno what will get answered tomorrow, since I have class from 9-5.
edit on 27-8-2012 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I'll U2U you tomorrow because I have a take on this
Talk about synchronicity... weird.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

Originally posted by r2d246

Not everything in this world is demons

Trust me, thigns like ghosts, spirits, aliens, UFO's, fairys, and sometimes sightings of strange creatures, such as bigfoot, monsters etc. Those are mostly all demons manifesting into some viewable form.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
reply to post by wylekat

I'll U2U you tomorrow because I have a take on this
Talk about synchronicity... weird.

Why can't you share with the rest of us? I'm sure we would like to hear your take on this.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I have a funny... or interesting. story about Fools Fire. Thats what my fam calls it. Im old and this concerns my great grandpa, great aunt, grandpa, grandma and my dad.. and his siblings.. so we are talking a LOOONG time ago as in the outhouse days ( heh). They were at a relatives house which was in Louisiana at the foot of a large hill. Im from New Orleans originally, so I can tell you wisps, fools fire, and swamp lights are real..and natural.
My grandmother was walking to the outhouse which was a few yards away from the house and saw a big yellow and white ball "rolling" down the hill. She ran back to the house yelling and they ran outside and the ball was slowly just rolling toward the house. They all woke everyone up and ran down the way from the house in case it caught on fire. My grandmother said they heard a big boom and thought the house had probably burned down, so they went to the neighbor. The men went back to the house and the house was still there and no sign of the rolling ball of fools fire.

My own experiences with it are just balls of gas from far away in all sorts of colors.. but mainly yellow or white or greenish. They roll, float, bounce, or just sit there. If you get close to it its just like a ball of gas.. like thicker air with some color to it. You cant grab it.. its got no real texture.. its just exactly like a thicker air ball with some luminescence. They also stink. My cousins and I called them devils farts!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
My friend chased an orange ball of light down a road, over a fence and into a field. It was about a metre in diameter. He said close up it seemed to have the texture of gauze bandages within the light. A young couple standing at a nearby bus stop watched the whole thing. Wonder what they were thinking?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Your description sounds more like what I always thought will o the wisps to be, but sounds different from some of the other descriptions here, that sound somewhat like the descriptions I've read about ball lightning. It is all fascinating. Some of these lights do seem paranormal, appealing out of nowhere to the same person. That certainly is uncanny.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i can remember as a very young boy maybe 3 or 4 when in the kitchen of my great grand parents house this blue ball appeared & i got up on a chair to touch it .
then my great grandad came into the room it just vanished as soon as he left the kitchen it reappeared for a minute then went down the old belfast sink it did seem to show intelegence forgot all about it till a few years ago when i saw something on tv about it

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by Advantage

Your description sounds more like what I always thought will o the wisps to be, but sounds different from some of the other descriptions here, that sound somewhat like the descriptions I've read about ball lightning. It is all fascinating. Some of these lights do seem paranormal, appealing out of nowhere to the same person. That certainly is uncanny.

I'd agree- but the thing was as solid as my computer or the table. By solid, I mean it looked like a real, hard, physical object I could have handled. It did have the gauzy, diffused look, like the light was wrapped or sealed in something ( I chose "headlight like" because that' what it looked like). I may have to do a 3d rendering at some point...
edit on 28-8-2012 by wylekat because: clarificartion

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I'd need to read more about the historical accounts and folklore of the things called will'o'the wisps to see how they've been historically described. My memory of what I've read before leads me to recall them more as marsh gas phenomenon.

It sound like you saw something remarkable, but it doesn't seem to be the same as these other spherical things others are describing. It sounds more like something I read about orb sightings around a military area, might have been one of the Area 51 stories. Sorry to be so vague but I read about it along time ago and am struggling to remember the details. Anyway we may have better luck finding accounts of orbs similar to your sighting among the UFO stories.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Where does she get the idea that you are one of the very few to survive the encounter?

There are countless encounters through out the ages and in various countries of people having encounters.

I am alswayse suspect of someone who so easily engages in hyperbole to make their point.
If they exaggerate one aspect what is to prevent them from doing so to another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join