It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Real Deleted Bible Scenes In Which Jesus Kicks Some Butt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 29/8/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

In 1 Cor 4:15, Paul is saying that although they have many spiritual leaders, he was the one that brought them to Christ. Paul is displaying his credentials in this passage, he is not claiming to have fathered them.

In Mt 23:8 the word you have translated as "teacher" is kaqhghths in Greek and actually translates more closely to "master" which then does not conflict with the other three verses from Paul.

GTG. The rest, L8R.
edit on 30/8/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

i'm too tired to go on with this!!! but it was fun!
too many real books i'd have to go through to carry on,and i don't think i'd change your mind anyway!

perhaps we can 'battle' another day!!!

p.s. i hope you dont use josephus (the jew captured by the romans,whou turned into a roman citizen) and his work 'the jewish wars' as a 100% accurate 'history' book!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
So I was reading this becasue I love cracked and found this a bit disturbing. I mean christians claim Jesus was without sin but this shows a different story.

I imagine that is why it was deleted from the bible

The fact that you believed this web site to be real or accurate in any way explains soooooo much about some of the post I have seen from you. That being said... Cracked.com is not a news site. You should not expect anything you read there to hold an ounce of truth, except in the same way a Comedian would tell you the truth to make a joke. Purposely over the top and exaggerated- and made for laughs.

Cracked.com is the most visited humor website in the world, with over 300 million monthly page views. The award-winning site was founded in 2007 by Jack O’Brien and is currently a property under Demand Media.

You know people like you are extremely obnoxious. I am not citing the onion here. Have you ever even read through the site? I would suggest you knew what you were talking about before making ignorant and condescending statements. Cracked.com does a lot of real articles as well as strictly humorous articles. for example.

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...

www.cracked.com...#-as-fact.html

etc etc etc. now granted cracked can be very bias in some instances but for the most part if you go away from the front page you will find many interesting facts that are posted strictly because they are interesting and some because the truth can be funny as well.
now this is a list of new testament dates
www.newtestamenthistorytimeline.com...
the infancy gospel in case you cant research was wrote in 80AD
which is before revelations was written. just because it wasnt put in the bible doesnt mean it does not hold as much weight as the rest of the new testament (which doesnt hold any weight at all in my eyes). The article here uses the infancy gospel as its source. Just because it is put in a comical light doesnt mean that there isnt some fact to the part that the church rejected its use in the bible.. which is why it says it was deleted from the bible. which it was

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
now granted cracked can be very bias in some instances but for the most part if you go away from the front page you will find many interesting facts that are posted strictly because they are interesting
Hey as long as you admit they can be very biased we're on the same page. They do sometimes take some real facts and twist them around quite a bit to suit their agenda.

But I too was troubled by the suggestion by some that the cracked story was completely fictitious, especially since I thought everyone heard of the Apocrypha, but I guess not everyone has. Maybe the Apocrypha is fictitious (they probably are which is why they're not in the bible), but the cracked story isn't completely making this stuff up, though as you suggest with their bias they might be twisting it around to make it entertaining.

Originally posted by Crakeur
For the record, Cracked is a bit late on the humor and treading in already perfected territory.
But that's completely fictitious, and not based on the Apocrypha, is it? It seems to me like using a real source like the Apocrypha is even better than making stuff up.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

It doesn't really matter how you frame it, or how much you apologize for it, or whom you blame it on. Much of he Pauline scripture is in direct contradiction to the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by tw0330

wow! i'm kinda taken a back by your statement!

i learned a lot,if not most of the things i know by studying books (before the internet!)
i love to learn,and in my opinion,no computer/internet can replace an old fashion book!
ya,i always think its a good idea to back up your claims with some kind of research.
but the material the op was referring to is called the Apocrypha !
it means 'of doubtful authenticity' (to the roman catholic church anyway) and has been around since the 14th century!!! not exactly 'breaking news'.
any body who studies bible history is well aware of this book!
a lot of these 'gospels' were written around the same time as the 4 gospels in the present day bible.
and the info the op posted is accurate.
next study the septuagint means seventy scholars. wrongly believed to be the work of 70-72 jewish scholars from palistine making up the old testement. now believe to be a collections of different writings spaning many years and written by egyptian jews,at a later date than first thought.
next,look into the nag hammadi libraryText
this is a collection of 'alternative' gospels found in nag hammadi,egypt in the mid 40's
these were most probably written at the same time as the 4 gospels,and were used by the gnostic christians that claimed they were the real lessons of the christ.
these works were most definitely known the the roman church,but were not used in the bible for the questionable material in them.(gospel of mary claims she was his favorite desiple,and he would kiss her on her mouth often-married?)
the council of nicea is where the emperor constantine held a meeting with all the head religious leaders to discuss if jesus was divine. funny enough,this was done by a show of hands!!!!
popes are still chosen in this way!
the history of the new testament fascinates me,and the truth is really stranger than fiction!
all the changes made to it in 2000 years just by translation mistakes made by putting it into different laguages
should give any one moment to pause as to the real 'word'!!!
i think more christians should look deeper into their own history before they start pointing fingers at other beliefs.
peace.

Right, people never make things up in books, now do they

<< 1  2  3   >>

join