It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Real Deleted Bible Scenes In Which Jesus Kicks Some Butt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
So I was reading this becasue I love cracked and found this a bit disturbing. I mean christians claim Jesus was without sin but this shows a different story.

I imagine that is why it was deleted from the bible

Not deleted (you just read it) and also never part of the official "canon" of the bible.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yss let me rephrase that... "excluded from the official story"

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Written hundreds of years later by extremely unreliable sources = never part of the official story.

I think that if it wasn't written before AD 80, it was not written by eyewitnesses (even extremely long lived ones).

Before that time, quite possibly, but even then Paul, Peter and James in their letters note that there were others who were not eyewitnesses but were claiming all sorts of stuff just short decades after Jesus death & resurrection.

There were pseudo-Jews, gnostics, nicolitans, mithramists and all sorts early enough that they were included in the texts of the apostles letters. If you knew some of the issues (even only those recorded in the later books of the Bible) then you might have a clearer historical view and would understand that stuff written centuries later and that does not agree with anything else in the Bible is obvious fiction.

edit on 27/8/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

well what of the new testament?

this holds just as much ground as the rest of it.
edit on 27-8-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: add

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider

Originally posted by FrostForests
Lots of stories are....excluded from the modern interpretation of the bible.

I remember Glen Danzig talking about the incident where Jesus killed the boy in an interview, talking about a book in his collection.

Ooooo, then it must be true, I mean, if Glen Danzig said it...

I never anything about that making it true at all, I was just noting that I had seen an interview with him in which he mentions one of the passages in this thread.

Get over yourself a bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
well...

first off Jesus was baptized with the Holy Spirit at Jordan and then AFTER that .. is when his first miracle was recorded.. personally, he couldn't do any miracle(S) until this happened ...and yea..

cracked.com is exactly what it means LOL..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

well what of the new testament?

this holds just as much ground as the rest of it.
edit on 27-8-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: add

Jesus died about AD 33. The last eyewitness to Jesus and his life would have had to be young at the time of Jesus death (a teenager, possibly, like Paul or Timothy may have been).

The median age of death of people in that region about that time was probably around 40-50 for those that survived their youth (infant mortality lowers the overall rate significantly). So for someone to reach 47, they would have been considered old and would have died about 80 AD.

It is very unlikely that any eyewitnesses survived longer than this.

If you weren't an eyewitness then anything you knew about Jesus was either hearsay or made up. Several of the letters make a big point of the apostles being authorities because they were eye-witnesses and were not hearing about things, second-source.

Luke, himself, may not have been an apostle (he definitely was not one of the twelve disciples), but wrote so early and with so much technical detail (from a Greek physicians standpoint) that his testimony is not doubted.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Here is some more info on Jesus' less-than-pure activities and actions. The whole site is a wonderful composition which pulls the rug out from under Christianity, exposing it for the fraudulent faith that it is. Enjoy!

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

"O evil, ungodly, and foolish one, what hurt did the pools and the waters do thee? Behold, now also thou shalt be withered like a tree, and shalt not bear leaves, neither root, nor fruit." And straightway that lad withered up wholly.

well.. if you take the Gnostic interpretation of these verses...

you'd see them not as excerpts from a bad movie..

but as ...deeply coded symbolic esoteric messages speaking to the hidden anatomic methods of human metamorphosis into divinity..

but then again... you know..
pearls before swine etc...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Originally posted by borntowatch
The Gospels were written by Apostles in the first century after Christs death, by those who knew Jesus.
Paul had a special revelation and wrote letters.

How could a story about His youth and His magic be written by a person who knew of Him 200 years after his death? and be accurate.???

This is ludicrous at the very least, logic ends any debate of the legitimacy of this "Infancy Gospel"

As for the Dead Sea Scrolls age, they were discovered in the mid 1940s, there age is varied, very varied
en.wikipedia.org...

To say they are written after Christs birth is laughable. C14 dating has issues no one questions that, but to say the DSS were written after Christ's death is laughable
edit on 27-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

You could probably say this about much of the bible. When do you think Genesis was written? Mark and Luke did not know Jesus personally as far as I can tell, so it's a question to me as to why they authored any of the gospels. Especially the red quotes as to what Jesus said.

Its valid, though many people lived and were contemporary's of Christ when the Gospels where written, people would have witnessed Him. Mark and Luke both knew other eyewitnesses of Christ. Its not tricky to write a biography from eyewitness accounts.

Genesis on the other hand is different, its a recording by an unnamed source, with no witnesses. It is a faith based teaching. No denying that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by borntowatch

Even Wikipedia an openly antichristian site suggest the infancy gospel is stupid, funny how so many still accept it as accurate isnt it There is one born every minute.

What is really funny is how so many still accept the Bible as factual and accurate, isn't it? Yes there appears to be one born every minute.

One wonders what else you dismiss because it was written before your birth???

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by tw0330

are you kidding?????
the council of nicea is a good start!!!!!!!
its actually in the introduction of your bible!!!! (the fine print after you open the cover!)
how bout you just make it easy for your self (this way you wont have to waste your time and read a book!)
go online and type in omitted books of the new testament!!!!!

No i am not kidding!!!

I shouldn't have to look it up, this is ats aren't we supposed to back up our claims with evidence?

So, what physical evidence is there?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wow. Seems JC had sort of an extreme adolescence. No wonder his current "official permanent record" has omitted 30 years of his life. I think we're all a bit impetuous until we get out of our 20s. I know if i'd had powers like that there would be some interesting stories told. Crazy kids.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

wow! i'm kinda taken a back by your statement!

i learned a lot,if not most of the things i know by studying books (before the internet!)
i love to learn,and in my opinion,no computer/internet can replace an old fashion book!
ya,i always think its a good idea to back up your claims with some kind of research.
but the material the op was referring to is called the Apocrypha !
it means 'of doubtful authenticity' (to the roman catholic church anyway) and has been around since the 14th century!!! not exactly 'breaking news'.
any body who studies bible history is well aware of this book!
a lot of these 'gospels' were written around the same time as the 4 gospels in the present day bible.
and the info the op posted is accurate.
next study the septuagint means seventy scholars. wrongly believed to be the work of 70-72 jewish scholars from palistine making up the old testement. now believe to be a collections of different writings spaning many years and written by egyptian jews,at a later date than first thought.
next,look into the nag hammadi libraryText
this is a collection of 'alternative' gospels found in nag hammadi,egypt in the mid 40's
these were most probably written at the same time as the 4 gospels,and were used by the gnostic christians that claimed they were the real lessons of the christ.
these works were most definitely known the the roman church,but were not used in the bible for the questionable material in them.(gospel of mary claims she was his favorite desiple,and he would kiss her on her mouth often-married?)
the council of nicea is where the emperor constantine held a meeting with all the head religious leaders to discuss if jesus was divine. funny enough,this was done by a show of hands!!!!
popes are still chosen in this way!
the history of the new testament fascinates me,and the truth is really stranger than fiction!
all the changes made to it in 2000 years just by translation mistakes made by putting it into different laguages
should give any one moment to pause as to the real 'word'!!!
i think more christians should look deeper into their own history before they start pointing fingers at other beliefs.
peace.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The bible was written edited and tailored for men. Whatever the "chosen" at Nicaea decided would be cannon was, little is mentioned abOut what didn't go into the book because not much is left, whatever they didn't like they burned. Check out the dead sea scrolls and the Gospel of Mary for some interesting tidbits.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
The Gospels were written by Apostles in the first century after Christs death, by those who knew Jesus.
Paul had a special revelation and wrote letters.

How can somebody suggest that Jesus as a child had these "Magical" powers and write of them 100 years if not longer after his death, how would they know of these acts of magic?
Why wasnt Jesus recognised as somebody special till after His baptism, surely Jesus would have been famous in His youth if He could play tricks and kill people??

How could a story about His youth and His magic be written by a person who knew of Him 200 years after his death? and be accurate.???

This is ludicrous at the very least, logic ends any debate of the legitimacy of this "Infancy Gospel"

As for the Dead Sea Scrolls age, they were discovered in the mid 1940s, there age is varied, very varied
en.wikipedia.org...

To say they are written after Christs birth is laughable. C14 dating has issues no one questions that, but to say the DSS were written after Christ's death is laughable
edit on 27-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Logic leaves them nothing to ridicule, doncha know?
As long as they feel like they can scoff at Christ, it makes them feel better about denying His message.

By that logic, subjecting something to ridicule keeps you from being subject to that which you are ridiculing.

Crazy, ain't it?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

"Two years after Jesus was born, King Herod got word of a child being called the "king of the Jews" and ordered that all two-year-old male children in Bethlehem be killed to protect his throne (making Herod the first, and last, member of the controversial "kill all babies" political platform). But God managed to warn Joseph in time, and the family fled before Herod's men arrived. '

So odd the GOD was able to warn them but not stop the killing crew right out and save all the innocent kids.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Written hundreds of years later by extremely unreliable sources = never part of the official story.

I think that if it wasn't written before AD 80, it was not written by eyewitnesses (even extremely long lived ones).

Before that time, quite possibly, but even then Paul, Peter and James in their letters note that there were others who were not eyewitnesses but were claiming all sorts of stuff just short decades after Jesus death & resurrection.

There were pseudo-Jews, gnostics, nicolitans, mithramists and all sorts early enough that they were included in the texts of the apostles letters. If you knew some of the issues (even only those recorded in the later books of the Bible) then you might have a clearer historical view and would understand that stuff written centuries later and that does not agree with anything else in the Bible is obvious fiction.

very few people could read and write at that time and very few had the resources for the writing materials, so anyone writing either must have been educated as in priests and had money enough to get the materials.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Im not so sure that is the case. Remember that there were taxes and tax men. Someone wanted a physical record of the money he was owed. They would be written records.

Some of the apostles were fishermen, yet they wrote letters to different cities, peoples and congregations. Some wrote epic poems. Us considering them illiterate and ignorant is both naive and arrogant.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
WOW! Jesus was Badass.

edit on 27-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: added badass image

How did you get an outside image to show in your post? I have tried this I don't know how many times and I always get "Link to external image"...meh

Yeah I know off topic...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join