It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye: Creationism is not appropriate for children.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You haven't answered my question, instead you're ducking the issue because you know the answer isn't compatible with your beliefs.

I'll answer it for you: no, you wouldn't go out and start raping because you don't need some book to tell you that, ergo your so-called "biblically inspired morality" is a load of crock.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

The big bang, did it happen? Or did a bunch of big bangs happen and continue to happen. (thats what I think) I call it the mud puddle effect. But I beleive in sceince and creation. A little on why. Lets say we are in the middle of our galaxy and we have evolved this far (with some help). How smart are the people at the end of our galaxy? How many demensions are they capalble of? After all they have like another 16 billion years on us. And look at how fast ou tech is speeding up now. If another being was capable of one more demesion then us or even ten wouldnt they seem like a god to you? They could do whatever they want with DNA. They could create. They could create planets as experiments. I remember something Art Bell said, wouldnt it be werid if some aleins landed and handed you a book and it was a bible. Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
LOL @ the people pretending to know whether or not god exists. Why do people have such a problem with impartiality? Bashing religious dogma is one thing, but once you start pretending that you know for a FACT that there is no creator, well then you just sound like a fool. Even more of a fool than a bible beater in my opinion because those in the scientific community know better not to make a claim with no evidence. So to turn around and say "god doesn't exist, I know know this for a fact (based upon my opinion) ," is very hypocritical of a person who claims to need proof for quite literally everything.
edit on 1-9-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

I guess at this moment in time we do know god does not exist. There has never been any evidence to the contrary and it is a ridiculous notion so common sense and rational thought dictates that god does not exist.

It's only like saying I know there is no tooth fairy. There is as much evidence of the tooth fairy as there is of god. Absolutely none whatsoever.
edit on 1-9-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by DCPatriot

But I do live in a world where I consider god to be a fictional character just like the Easter bunny and Santa claus. It hasn't made me a psychotic killer, I live a good life.

I used to believe in all three when I was a child but do you know what happened, I simply grew up. It seems blindingly obvious to me that there is no god and it has since I was a teenager. I cannot understand how anybody can believe such nonsense. I know we are encouraged to respect religion but I can't, how can you respect the worship of an imaginary friend. It's laughable.

And as for saying there is no evidence that god doesn't exist. That's the oldest trick in the book. How are we supposed to prove that something that isn't there isn't there. I think seen as people put so much faith in god that the burden of proof should be on them to prove he is there. But do you know after thousands of years there isn't a shred of evidence that there is a god. Sure you can read a book by poorly educated primitives and believe it but I prefer to believe in facts and the fact is there is no evidence of god and science has proved many statements in the bible to be a fallacy.

All fair and good points, Gaffer!

But as you said, you yourself did believe when you were a child and then you make up your own mind.

My point still is that without that initial belief system would you still be living "the good life"?

or......would you be an amoral, sociopath?

I used to serve Mass as an altar boy, but I haven't seen the inside of a church in over 50 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hmm, a TV Scientist paid to teach children one view of science, I wonder if he is a shill? lol. Obviously.

I loved Bill Nye, he taught me lots, he collects rocks, he puts them in his socks...

But sersiously after his "new" tv show, not even half way through the first episode it is obvious that he is being paid to only show half the storey.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kman420

Hmmm. Very suspicious indeed, a scientist being paid to teach and promote science! What's next? A preacher teaching creationism?

CRAZY!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
honestly, what does it say about a person who is only doing good at the threat of being punished by a "god?"

why not just be good for the sake of being good?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

Well yes because although I did believe I was not indoctrinated and was never ever taught to live by the bibles teachings. All we were taught at school is the stories from the old testament and other fictional nonsense like two fish feeding five thousand and turning water into wine.

Fortunately I was never exposed to enough of the bible to shape my life on it. To be perfectly honest I was probably worse when I believed than when I shed that false belief. As a child I loved getting into fights, I also committed the odd stupid act of vandalism but nothing really serious. Do you think the bible caused my bad behaviour.

Obviously like most people the odd telling off by the law and my parents was enough to straighten me out. The bible had absolutely no influence at that time as I had outgrown that childish belief by then.

The good morals I have today were in no way influenced by the bible. I'm sorry to disappoint you.
edit on 1-9-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
The majority of science is Illuminati controlled and maintained although most scientists are completely unaware of this fact and as much in the dark as everyone else .

If its controlled by a minority group of people, its not science. Science is subject to peer review, and analysis of the empirical data by all, not just one cult of pseudo science. Sure the psychotropic drugging industry think they are scientists, but much of their data is quickly shown to be unscientific, when put under any honest scrutiny. Just like the data for Aspartame, and Fluoride, which any honest scientist knows is poison.

Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe

If they are destroying knowledge, and distorting the tests in order to create false results, its not science. Religion is pseudo science, it utilizes scientific idea's, but then throws scientific method out the window. Its data is not subject to testable explanations, and is seen as "fact" by its followers, without any real empirical data to back up their claims.

Pseudoscience is a claim, belief, or practice which is presented as scientific, but does not adhere to a valid scientific method, lacks supporting evidence or plausibility, cannot be reliably tested, or otherwise lacks scientific status.

It has been proven, that "scientists" within various fields of medicine, and other research, have created their data/experiments, with a design purposely to create an end result desired by their employers. This is not true science, and should not be confused as such. For example, the cell phone/electronic industry, has long hidden the dangers of non ionizing electromagnetic radiation. Recent research has shown that "use of mobile phones is associated with an increased risk for brain tumour after 10 years", and that "Acute low-intensity microwave exposure increases DNA single-strand breaks in rat brain cells." So, while I would agree that lots of our so called "scientists", are controlled, there is still quite a bit of honest people out there, who care about the future of our species, and follow the scientific method.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
honestly, what does it say about a person who is only doing good at the threat of being punished by a "god?"

why not just be good for the sake of being good?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
I'm not a big fan of Nye mainly for his strong negative views on UFOs even though obviously doing extremely litte research. This caught my attention anyways:

I think he just may be right here.

I searched and nothing came up so sorry if i reposted.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yes, if it goes against Christianity, it must be wrong. Please, don't question Christianity. The Bible has already proven that the Bible is completely infallible. If you should think otherwise, you're not reading it right. Please seek the help of your pastor immediately.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

Why did you reply to me? I don't get what this has to do with me? I don't believe in a god. If aliens created planets they are not gods they are aliens. Not a god. Please quote me why you replied to me only about this.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
LOL @ the people pretending to know whether or not god exists. Why do people have such a problem with impartiality? Bashing religious dogma is one thing, but once you start pretending that you know for a FACT that there is no creator, well then you just sound like a fool. Even more of a fool than a bible beater in my opinion because those in the scientific community know better not to make a claim with no evidence. So to turn around and say "god doesn't exist, I know know this for a fact (based upon my opinion) ," is very hypocritical of a person who claims to need proof for quite literally everything.

LOL @ the people pretending to know whether or not father christmas exists. Why do people have such a problem with impartiality? Bashing father christmas is one thing, but once you start pretending that you know for a FACT that there is no father christmas, well then you just sound like a fool. Even more of a fool than a father christmas beater in my opinion because those in the father christmas community know better not to make a claim with no evidence. So to turn around and say "fatherchristmas doesn't exist, I know know this for a fact (based upon my opinion) ," is very hypocritical of a person who claims to need proof for quite literally everything.

Muppet...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

reply to post by kaiode1

I guess at this moment in time we do know god does not exist. There has never been any evidence to the contrary and it is a ridiculous notion so common sense and rational thought dictates that god does not exist.

It's only like saying I know there is no tooth fairy. There is as much evidence of the tooth fairy as there is of god. Absolutely none whatsoever.

You understand that the religion of science is BUILT entirely on beliefs. 100%. Science calls them assumptions.

Do you think it's rational to assume the "big bang"? haha. How embarrassing. But all of cosmology relies on this assumption. If you understood the nomenclature in the bible you would see all the same questions tackled. You would see the assumptions are not much different.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BagBing

Originally posted by kaiode1

LOL @ the people pretending to know whether or not father christmas exists. Why do people have such a problem with impartiality? Bashing father christmas is one thing, but once you start pretending that you know for a FACT that there is no father christmas, well then you just sound like a fool. Even more of a fool than a father christmas beater in my opinion because those in the father christmas community know better not to make a claim with no evidence. So to turn around and say "fatherchristmas doesn't exist, I know know this for a fact (based upon my opinion) ," is very hypocritical of a person who claims to need proof for quite literally everything.

Muppet...

Do you believe in the Big Bang? If not you should disregard everything Cosmology has presented (stephen hawking) to you as fact for the last 30 years. All "proof" originates from the assumption of the big bang. You are ignorant of your own beliefs. Statements like yours make me believe God and the story of mankind prophesied in the bible must be true.. hahaha It's the most likely cause for all the prideful ignorance displayed in the name of "Science" i see lately.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

A1

Lol

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

reply to post by kaiode1

You understand that the religion of science is BUILT entirely on beliefs. 100%. Science calls them assumptions.

Do you think it's rational to assume the "big bang"? haha. How embarrassing. But all of cosmology relies on this assumption. If you understood the nomenclature in the bible you would see all the same questions tackled. You would see the assumptions are not much different.

Yeah ya #ing prick. Using the internet to #ing preace. Ya wierdo.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
reply to post by swan001

Yes, if it goes against Christianity, it must be wrong. Please, don't question Christianity. The Bible has already proven that the Bible is completely infallible. If you should think otherwise, you're not reading it right. Please seek the help of your pastor immediately.

Yes, if it goes against the Big Media concepts, it must be wrong. Please, don't question the Big Paid Media and Rotschild/Crowley. The Big Paid Media has already proved that the Big Paid Media is completely infallible. If you should think otherwise, you're not reading it right. Please seek the help of your Government and mental institutions immediately.

See how the same thing can be said from both sides?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join