It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye: Creationism is not appropriate for children.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Science is a LIE!? That is one very ignorant statement. Science is a Method for determining FACT.

Thus the term...Scientific Method. All it is is Observation, Experimentation, Postulation...and keep on repeating the first two using control groups and using LOGIC to gather evidence with the ultimate goal of providing Proof.

It is simply a way to use what our senses and math and experimentation and observations of results from putting a concept through as many forms of if I do this to it...that happens...if I do something else...this happens...and so on until as many possible forms of experimentation that is possible has been done to call a one time Theory into a Fact. Science leaves room for unknown possibilities.

Science is the absence of LIES! It is a way to rid fake concepts by way of proofs.

Theology is a Science as it is a study of Theory of Interpretation of Text. Also it uses a certain amount of LOGIC to determine intent.

EVOLUTION can be reasonably called a FACT as we can replicate it on a Cellular Level and we also use genetic Engineering which is a Form of Evolution. It has bees said that Mans next step of Evolution will be Mans ability to Genetically Enhance the species.

Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by Laced713

Originally posted by Laced713
anyone who treats science in this manner is a fool who does not understand the process.

Those 19 little blue stars say different.

Like I said, Science IS a LIE...

I choose to believe the truth.

No, you simply throw logic overboard and blindly believe stuff...even if they've already been debunked.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by WarminIndy

Of course there's some science in the bible because people were able to observe stuff (or copy it from other texts). But at the same time there are HUNDREDS of cases where the bible (and Koran, etc.) are factually incorrect.

It is your free choice to believe it or not. Science is based in the observable, correct? So let me ask this, is it observable to see the consequences of turning away from morality? I assume that is observable, otherwise there would be no such thing as an ethical or moral dilemma.

The Kinsey Report, the famous sex studies, started as that very thought. Can we observe children in sexual behavior, and can we experiment with the children to observe a hypothesis of the outcome? This is exactly what Kinsey set about to observe scientifically and in a very cold, scientific manner, molested innocent children, all for the purpose of observing a theory. Human behavior is observable, especially when it comes to morality. And this is exactly what the Bible teaches, a turning away from morality leads to inevitable destruction.

That makes the Bible a scientist, it has proposed a theory based on an educated guess and observes and records the results. The Bible does not have to skew the results to make it fit, it records exactly what it observes.

"But, but, but"...I hear you respond "You got the invisible man in the sky that we can't observe". You can observe Him, you can read His words of His observations. You and I and our actions are observed and the outcomes are recorded. If we do a certain thing, certain things happen, that is direct cause and effect. All action has an equal reaction, is that not correct? The Bible says, "If you kill someone, they are dead". Jesus goes on further stating "Hate is a murderer" because that hatred leads to murder. That is based on an educated guess, the observations of that are recorded. Why deny Jesus when He uses the same scientific method?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Of course there's some science in the bible because people were able to observe stuff (or copy it from other texts). But at the same time there are HUNDREDS of cases where the bible (and Koran, etc.) are factually incorrect.

The Kinsey Report, the famous sex studies, started as that very thought. Can we observe children in sexual behavior, and can we experiment with the children to observe a hypothesis of the outcome? This is exactly what Kinsey set about to observe scientifically and in a very cold, scientific manner, molested innocent children, all for the purpose of observing a theory. Human behavior is observable, especially when it comes to morality. And this is exactly what the Bible teaches, a turning away from morality leads to inevitable destruction.

Sooo, if I understand you correctly, the sex studies were some kind of higher level morality studies for Mr. Kinsey, and he failed?
Well, in the course of science, many scientists have failed the morality of their studies - Oppenheimer, even Nazi's Mengele, although he was really a bad man, simply said. Some have seen the errors of their blind way of studying something while leaving humanity behind. Some not.
But that is a problem with those scientists and them alone. Many more have peacefully and successful worked on the understanding of humanity, both in physical and psychological ways.

BTW: Mengele lived to old age, where is the justice in that?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Are you part of the crew that thinks "morality" comes from religions or having god?
sad, sad , world.

I guess if it weren't for the bible, you would think killing is okay? stealing? our "guilt" is there because of the a mindset of a 2000yr old authors(who for some reason favors laws of men over women, coincidence?).

Morality is there from the moment you experience pain. You know fire will hurt if you touch it, and hurting others with fire would seem not normal to you.

Science has boundaries to, otherwise we would see our clones walking left and right... in fact i think cloning should be okay, well once its perfected or we would see science supporting that kids should have babies soon as they reach puberty.

_____

Bible is known to fit current discoveries into its interpretations. The reason there are so many different sect in Christianity is due to different interpretation lol.

I will bet you that if science discovers that we were born from pink unicorn, Bible WILL find a way to fit that into the bible. i bet they probably take the behemoth part and adds stuff on it.

There is no " critical science" in bible, it just has some observation that happens in nature. Every deep scientific study we have now that people think is from bible is just blown out of proportion from a single sentence and interpreted by people who knew the current scientific theory.\

Heck, you think with enough political power... harry Potter would be a bible in 2000 yrs? seems silly right? well, some fans take the story seriously and even role play, but if there were to make it a daily lifestyle with enough political power, they can make that into a "religion".

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Sooo, if I understand you correctly, the sex studies were some kind of higher level morality studies for Mr. Kinsey, and he failed?
Well, in the course of science, many scientists have failed the morality of their studies - Oppenheimer, even Nazi's Mengele, although he was really a bad man, simply said. Some have seen the errors of their blind way of studying something while leaving humanity behind. Some not.
But that is a problem with those scientists and them alone. Many more have peacefully and successful worked on the understanding of humanity, both in physical and psychological ways.

I absolutely agree about Mengele. He was allowed to get by with what he did because an entire populace gave him a pass on what he did. That populace was in agreement with him. That is the failure that comes about through permissiveness and turning a blind eye to atrocity.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Are you part of the crew that thinks "morality" comes from religions or having god?
sad, sad , world.

I guess if it weren't for the bible, you would think killing is okay? stealing? our "guilt" is there because of the a mindset of a 2000yr old authors(who for some reason favors laws of men over women, coincidence?).

Morality is there from the moment you experience pain. You know fire will hurt if you touch it, and hurting others with fire would seem not normal to you.

Then why do people who have been shot seek revenge with weapons? Why do people who are punched, punch back? Why do people who knows fire hurts, hurt others with it?

Where does morality come from? Does it come from wicked people? Does it come from good people? Is it inward? Does mankind already possess this morality? Why were wars fought when there was no religion?

The Greeks, Roman and Persian Empires were not founded on Christianity or the Bible, so where did their murderous intent come from? You are a humanist moralist, you believe that if someone is nice to others, those others will return the kindness. Yes, if you share a morality it works that way, but what if you do not share a morality, what then? Whose morality then works out better for society?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

A lot of people don't know that before he got obsessed with sex, Kinsey was an entomologist, applied biologist, and botanist. I don't think they can be forgiven, though, for thinking that Kinsey's studies were a study in morality rather than evolutionary biology and/or evolutionary psychology. Anything that has to do with sex automatically becomes a moral issue, and they completely ignore the fact that without sex the species does not continue.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

sad, sad , world.

Then why do people who have been shot seek revenge with weapons? Why do people who are punched, punch back? Why do people who knows fire hurts, hurt others with it?

Where does morality come from? Does it come from wicked people? Does it come from good people? Is it inward? Does mankind already possess this morality? Why were wars fought when there was no religion?

Were they? I'm afraid you're going to have to support that statement. I don't see how you can, since you have no idea just how long religion has been around.

It is quite possible that "morality" as you call it is a deep-seated, instinctive, and genetic trait not just of humans but of other species. Without it, just as without sex, the species dies out.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So let me ask this, is it observable to see the consequences of turning away from morality?

What does morality have to do with it?? It doesn't come from religion...it's imposed by society.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Science is a LIE!? That is one very ignorant statement. Science is a Method for determining FACT.

If my statements are ignorant, yours take ignorance to an entirely NEW level.

So much so, that I have to ask myself, are you REALLY interested in the TRUTH?

Religion is a method for connecting with God, instead it is used as mind control to keep people AWAY from God.

Medicine is a method for healing, instead it is used for depopulation.

ETC ETC ETC...

WHY should Science be the exception?

If you actually believe that Science is truth, you need to give yourself a MAJOR reality check!

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religions destroy spirituality." ~ Michael Ellner

edit on 30-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Medicine is a Method for healing, instead it is used for depopulation.

As someone who's heart stopped twice and was only saved because of medicine I call BULL****

But don't just take my word, here are the FACTS about how many lives medicine saved over the years:

Opposed to you that guy actually bothers backing up his claims with real data and figures.
edit on 30-8-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Opposed to you that guy actually bothers backing up his claims with real data and figures

You don't need ANY more "data and figures", evidence, or even proof for that matter.

You need to simply open your eyes and realize that you have been deceived on a huge scale.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Opposed to you that guy actually bothers backing up his claims with real data and figures

You don't need ANY more "data and figures", evidence, or even proof for that matter.

You need to simply open your eyes and realize that you have been deceived on a huge scale.

In other words: BLIND FAITH

Sorry, I chose not to be ignorant of FACTS.

Judging from the length of the videos and how long it took you to reply I take it you didn't even bother looking at those facts.

You are the last person who should ask others to "open their eyes"

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The fact that you would attempt to back your arguments with video by globalist shills tells me otherwise.

Hans Rosling is just another NWO team player who twists reality and perpetuates the NWO population reduction agenda along with Bill Gates and the rest of the "elite" gangsters.

His Gapminder Foundation is very obviously focused on reducing population growth.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The fact that you would attempt to back your arguments with video by globalist shills tells me otherwise.

Hans Rosling is just another NWO team player who twists reality and perpetuates the NWO population reduction agenda along with Bill Gates and the rest of the"elite" gangsters.

His Gapminder Foundation is very obviously focused on reducing population growth.

He's presenting REAL DATA you can look up yourself. He even mentions in the video where some of the data comes from...free open sources

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

He's presenting REAL DATA you can look up yourself. He even mentions in the video where some of the data comes from...free open sources

I am not questioning the DATA

It's the hidden agenda BEHIND the data

You are PROOF that medicine is used for healing, there is NO arguing that point.

What I am saying is that you seem to be completely blind to the FACT that medicine, science, government, and religion, etc etc have all been subjugated by a group of people with a stealth agenda.

Zeitgeist is a perfect example of this....

It is full of facts and truth, yet at the same time it is used as a massive mind control propaganda tool.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And your objective proof for your claims is?

CHeck out the pic I posted above again

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

the NWO population reduction agenda

Human population:
1804 - 1 billion
1927 - 2 billion
1960 - 3 billion
1974 - 4 billion
1987 - 5 billion
1999 - 6 billion
2012 - 7 billion

Everything is going according to plan?

There are over 3 times more people now than when my grandma was born. Over twice as many people as when my parents were born. Since I was born the human population has increased by some 2.5 billion and I'm not even 30 years old.

p.s. Do you honestly think at least stopping the growth is somehow a bad idea? If you ask me, women should be sterilized after giving birth to their 2nd child with no exceptions.
edit on 30-8-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by borntowatch

Hang on a sec, you're telling me now that big dinosaurs didn't exist, forget about the throusands of creatures discovered like T-Rex and many others.

Matter of fact, your in previous post you made it a point to show me a cave painting depicting a Pleasiosaur (a BIG huge ass dinosaur), to argue your story that man and dino walked together a few thousand years ago...

Gotto stop contradicting your self there pal.

I thnik you should start to accept that the 5k year old earth theory just flew out the window for you and now you really are grasping at straws...lol

Have you ever seen the skull of one of those things and the size of the Nasal cavity?

Not to mention the huge arse mouth it had to draw in massive ammounts of oxygen..heh

Or are you going to now say that all meusium peices like that are faked? Or possibly that T-Rex had a massive head but a tiny body...lololol
edit on 8/29/2012 by Ironclad because.

edit on 8/29/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

No your telling me big dinosaurs didnt exist because scientifically its impossible.
Their noses were not big enough to breathe in enough air to sustain oxygen levels.

Its not about the head and mouth, its the size of the body. The fact you deny what science tells us shows your ignorance.

Simply you believe they existed, but you dont understand the science so have to belittle others so you dont feel inferior. extra DIV

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join