It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Figured It Was Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I started coming to this site when it seemed everything I googled brought me here. Some days it was mothman, other days strange weather. I decided to look around then started lurking. Well, I am tired of hiding in the shadows so guess I'll tell ya'll a bit about me.

I grew up in a rural area around old farmers. I am wiccan/pagan and consider myself a liberal. I studied environmental and wildlife biology in college and have been quietly watching the not so nice changes. I have slowly started work on a SHTF plan and working on trying to be sustainable. I am very interested in sustainable farming etc. I believe in big foot and nessie as well as ghosties. I'm not so sure about the whole 2012 thing but I do think with everything going on things are changing. We are in for a change and one of my main interests here is kind of monitoring changes and I would like to share any info I can.

I love love love the sciency forums and will probably attempt to make myself at home there. Earth changes, sustainable ag, I could talk for days plus I have some pretty creative sustainability ideas. I am a bit of a survivalist at times, and as my name implies I can be redneckie. I hunt, fish, gather edibles and can live outside if needed. I think these are things we should have been teaching our children to do and haven't.

As hard as it is to admit, I have had my share of paranormal encounters. I even heard one of those earth sounds once, my neighbor swore it was a banshee. I actually found out about them here and shared the videos with everyone else who heard it. We are all scratching our heads now!

I hate computers and can barely work one. If someone could tell me how to make an avatar that would be awesome. I suck at intros so if theres anything else you want to know please ask.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Avatar and background guidelines

That should get you started towards an avatar!

And welcome to ATS!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome to membership and out of the shadows! You sound like a handy gal to have around, looking forward to your posts and threads.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hello and welcome redneckprincess. I don't think you suck at intros at all. I did mine an hour or so before you and it's harder than I thought it would be.

Knowing how to feed yourself from your environment is one of the most valuable and useful things one could know.
See you around.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redneckprincess

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family. From one Bubbette to another......

Bright Blessings....

Des

edit on 26-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Another survivalist amongst us....that's just great,maybe trade some tips here or there.Welcome redneckprincess.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Welcome. You sound like you'll fit right in. I'm a pantheistic gnostic, which I've been told is pagan
I've also been called a heretic by some.... Depends on who I'm talking too. Lol

I couldn't tell if you're Cdn or Aussie or American from your post. Liberal seems to be different in each country.

I just had to say hi to a fellow redneck gal

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the Welcome! I managed to figure out the avatar (couldn't figure out how to upload it after i resized it...). Now I'm trying to figure out how the flags and stars work

As for being a survivalist, I'm not what you would call a hard core survivalist. I know where I can go if I need to to lay low, I try to keep a few months to a year of food on hand, and I can grow, forage, or hunt. I don't have a location set up or anything but I have family with massive amounts of land in Appalachia. One neat little thing I think you should look into if you haven't though is clean water indicator species. I usually don't take extra water, and spend longer then I planned on outside. If your in a wilderness area you can look for things like fast shallow water that runs through rocks as well as stonefly larvae, sculpin, or whatever little critters in your area can handle no water pollution. I've drank untreated water for years as long as it has the indicator species and haven't got sick yet.

I'm Appalachian American and proud of it. I grew up in the hills and am in the minority not being a conservative christian. I have a few people who make sure to tell me they are praying for my soul

edit on 26-8-2012 by redneckprincess because: just to add something quick

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
from one redneck to another !

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I'm at the top of the Blue Ridge Mountains in N. Ga. We may be neighbors! We sure are lucky to be able to view the night sky in all it's glory. Not cluttered with the reflection of city lights. But, we also get to deal with the bears attempting to snack on livestock feed and refuse.....worth the trade-off in by book.

I look forward to meeting you in the forums. The survival forum is one of my favs.

Des

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Hi there! Welcome to the club.
Wiccan, that's interresting. I was actually attempting to search for true information about Wicca, a source which I could trust to be accurate, but so far I was unsuccessful. Internet is alway so full of hoaxes and pranks...
I was wondering... Would you mind if I asked you a couple of question about wicca? I am really looking foward to finally know more about it.
Well, I came to ATS the same way you did. I am sure you're gonna go a long way! Just a small warning, though: I found that ATS is a big addiction to some around here. I try not to forget to live.
John Swan

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Hi redneckprincess, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm actually a good bit north up in the Ohio Valley area. You're lucking being out, I'm stuck in town for right now. My lovely town is the largest "city" in the area (about 9k people) so they have been adding all of these lovely new laws to screw with residents so they can feel all big and bad. So far I have spent 3 hours weed eating today. My lawnmower broke and I was waiting until payday (this Friday) to get it fixed. 2 weeks without being mowed and my grass is about 5 in long. I had a neighbor come over to inform me that it is over 5 in and if I don't cut it today they will report me to the city. Apparently a month ago they passed an ordinance saying if your grass is over 4 in you can be fined 75 dollars a day...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I would be more then happy to answer any questions you have the best that I can. I am far from an expert but I can usually find an answer if I don't have one. You really have to get good weeding out the junk online when trying to learn anything about wicca. Thing that makes it even harder is not even all books will have good information. Easiest way to learn is figure out the basics so you can spot bad info easier. Right now I can't pm but can answer questions here, I'll also try and dig you up some references so your not just taking my word for things and can read a little further.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneckprincess

I'm actually a good bit north up in the Ohio Valley area. You're lucking being out, I'm stuck in town for right now. My lovely town is the largest "city" in the area (about 9k people) so they have been adding all of these lovely new laws to screw with residents so they can feel all big and bad. So far I have spent 3 hours weed eating today. My lawnmower broke and I was waiting until payday (this Friday) to get it fixed. 2 weeks without being mowed and my grass is about 5 in long. I had a neighbor come over to inform me that it is over 5 in and if I don't cut it today they will report me to the city. Apparently a month ago they passed an ordinance saying if your grass is over 4 in you can be fined 75 dollars a day...

I have 3 male weed eaters for sale. Pygmy goats to be exact. They always go for the poison ivy first. I rotate out my male breeding stock every year. Keeps the gene pool deeper. If you can get a couple of small goats, they do an awesome job of keeping all brush down. I only use my riding mower on the large areas of my property. Let your nosy neighbor know you are getting a herd of goats to keep your lawn mowed....see how they like them apples...

Des

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I am in the process of checking into what our city has regulation wise for goats. I even thought about looking into dairy vs pygmy for landscaping since I can get milk from the dairy goats. If I am able to have a couple I'm thinking of renting out "goat time" for a cheap green landscaping alternative

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneckprincess
I am in the process of checking into what our city has regulation wise for goats. I even thought about looking into dairy vs pygmy for landscaping since I can get milk from the dairy goats. If I am able to have a couple I'm thinking of renting out "goat time" for a cheap green landscaping alternative

Pygmies give excellent milk. That's why I keep my females...the great rich milk. Plus, in the winter when I have to feed more grain and hay, they eat less than the larger goat breeds.

Landscaping sounds pretty good to me...bet your neighbors would rent-a-goat.....I've lent mine out to a few for poison ivy clearing and bramble berry clearing...they eat the thorns and all.....

Des

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A very good introduction Bro ... Welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Thank you! I will send you a U2U later. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

So, what happened yesterday with jocelyn? The thread was closed, I couldn't read your reply. Did Jocelyn added you as a foe because of an accident, or not?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join