It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did nasa really send astronauts to the moon?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Iwill admit that Deke Slayton was a CIA station chief when you provide some actual proof. All you have provided so far is wild speculation. As for him not having final say in crew selection, have I ever said that politics was never a factor?

This is what the book jacket says, this is the NASA myth: that Deke Slayton selected the astronauts. It's not true.

The real truth is and what is not well known to most readers is that Deke's astronaut nominations were sent for approval by higher level NASA execs in Washington DC. Was it George Mueller?

The proof of this can be seen in Alan Shepard's last interview before he died. Deke had to get approval from Washington DC before he could announce the A13 crew. That is a fact.

edit on 9/1/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: add A13 reference

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
here's a challenge to the hoaxers;

if you had your day in court in front of NASA players like aldrin, cernan, lovell, kranz, etc, and were given the opportunity to present only 1 piece of evidence of the hoax, what would it be ?

which picture, segment of footage, quote, factiod, etc would you present ?

it seems to me in the hundreds of pages of moon threads, the hoaxers haven't scored a single "point" which can't be debunked or explained

not one

so what piece of evidence is so compelling to you, you actually think it was a real hoax ?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You're asking too much. They have a fundamental problem with the very concept of evidence

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

The Soviet Unions Cosmonauts were of the very few people in the Soviet Union or China that watched the Lunar Landings on TV as these two Governments would not allow broadcast the their Populations. But BOTH the SOVIET UNION and CHINA have confirmed to the World THAT THE U.S. LUNAR LANDINGS WERE REAL!

The fact that you keep arguing a point for which there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF of your belief that the Manned Lunar Landings were a Hoax is Laughable! LOL! And as I have said...anyone on PLANET EARTH with a HAM RADIO could easily work with two other HAM Radio operators and TRIANGULATE the U.S. Lunar Bound Crafts Radio Signal and this was done by THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE....as they could follow each Lunar Missions EXACT POSITION as well as know EXACTLY where each Lunar Lander touched down on the Lunar Surface.

They could even calculate EXACTLY the distance of how far away the Lunar Rover was to the Lunar Lander and follow it's travel route on the Lunar Surface. All a person needs to figure this out is a bit of TRIG and communicate with two other Ham Operators that are in LINE OF SIGHT...to receive and calculate position.

This Topic is becoming Borderline Stupidity in it's efforts to use questions and answers that the people either asking or answering are of too little in the SIMPLE ABILITY to understand what I have just posted SEVERAL TIMES OVER...and are making themselves look like a Child in their inability to answer undeniable FACTS as they ignore the FACTS and concentrate on Illogical Answers. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

My question was how did the Russians and the Chinese know that the USA landed on the moon. Did they have probes or satellites on the moon at the time?

Don't think your rant answered it.....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Really strange threads these moon hoax and 9/11 ones. Seem to be the only time we see the heavy buzzkills who have absolutely no interest in conspiracies show up.

And why is it "borderline stupidity" to believe or have an interest in one of the greatest conspiracies of all time..?

Just because you don't?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Soviets had one actually that ended up quite close to I believe it was apollo 11. I cant recall the details thought. Someone else can provide them.

jra

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
My question was how did the Russians and the Chinese know that the USA landed on the moon.

By tracking them via radio signals...

Did they have probes or satellites on the moon at the time?

The USSR did. Luna 15 was in orbit for a few days prior to Apollo 11's liftoff. It however didn't successfully land on the Lunar surface.

Take a look at this timeline of missions to the Moon: Exploration of the Moon

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Really strange threads these moon hoax and 9/11 ones. Seem to be the only time we see the heavy buzzkills who have absolutely no interest in conspiracies show up.

Who "wrote" Shakespeare, and why? I've tried starting that discussion but no-one seems interested. I guess that proves that ATS has no conspiracy theorists on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I`ve always thought that the only protection from radiation is lead, so are we to believe that the spacesuits and the space capsules were lined with lead?
How thick of a layer of lead would be required to protect them from the radiation levels found in space and on the moon?
How heavy would all that lead weigh?
Would it be possible for a lead lined lander to lift off the moon?

I`ve also seen documentaries on space travel that have said that it is not possible for us to travel to other planets at this time because of the high levels of radiation found in space that would kill us in just a matter of minutes if we were exposed to them.They said that the amount of lead that would be needed on a spacecraft to protect us from radiation would make the spacecraft so heavy it would be impossible for it to even leave the earths atmosphere and reach space, based on the technology we have today.

i don`t hold documentaries up as proof because i know very little about the facts behind the claims they made, but it has always remained in the back of my mind that if the claims do indeed hold any truth then the moon landings could not have taken place as nasa claims.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

jra

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I`ve always thought that the only protection from radiation is lead, so are we to believe that the spacesuits and the space capsules were lined with lead?

There are many different types of radiation. Each one has requires a different kind of shielding. So lead is not always the best material.

I recommend checking out the following links:
Clavius: Radiation Primer
Clavius: Radiation and the Van Allen belts
Clavius: Solar Particle Events

I`ve also seen documentaries on space travel that have said that it is not possible for us to travel to other planets at this time because of the high levels of radiation found in space that would kill us in just a matter of minutes if we were exposed to them.

Minutes? No. But long term radiation exposure is a problem for traveling to other planets. The Apollo missions were short and spent no more than a couple of weeks in space, but a Lunar outpost or a Mars one would require people to spend months to years out in space, which then becomes a problem, but not an impossible one.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

But BOTH the SOVIET UNION and CHINA have confirmed to the World THAT THE U.S. LUNAR LANDINGS WERE REAL!

you got some ..

sources for that ??

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

If Dave Scott and Jim Irwin knew that Sample Bag 196 would be opened on Friday (like you say) then why did they both rush down to the lab on Weds. night to see it opened????

But I did not say that they knew. They may have hoped for 196 to be opened first, but their hopes had nothing to do with the way the LRL operated.

Something is very wrong with your scenario and it smells like a switcher-oo.

If it were all an orchestrated hoax to begin with, why would a switcher-oo be necessary?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Originally posted by DJW001

Iwill admit that Deke Slayton was a CIA station chief when you provide some actual proof. All you have provided so far is wild speculation. As for him not having final say in crew selection, have I ever said that politics was never a factor?

This is what the book jacket says, this is the NASA myth: that Deke Slayton selected the astronauts. It's not true.

The real truth is and what is not well known to most readers is that Deke's astronaut nominations were sent for approval by higher level NASA execs in Washington DC. Was it George Mueller?

The proof of this can be seen in Alan Shepard's last interview before he died. Deke had to get approval from Washington DC before he could announce the A13 crew. That is a fact.

edit on 9/1/2012 by SayonaraJupiter because: add A13 reference

You have not in any way provided evidence that Deke Slayton was a "CIA Station Chief." Instead, you are quibbling about the use of the word "selected." Selecting the astronauts and having the selection approved is still selecting the astronauts.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Because when you know for a fact that something is real and a bunch of retards keep trying to insist it isn't in an effort to make their pathetic excuse for an existence have some sort of meaning, it's kind of irritating.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
How thick of a layer of lead would be required to protect them from the radiation levels found in space and on the moon?
How heavy would all that lead weigh?
Would it be possible for a lead lined lander to lift off the moon?

What I find amazing about this site and the internet in general is obviously to be on it or post on it you have to be able to use a computer/tablet/smartphone and know what you are doing BUT seriously what has happened to education in the last 30 yrs especially the science subjects just going by assumptions and suggestions made by members on here.

This is not only directed to you Tardacus but lots of others on here, if you are puzzled by something and it was never covered by the education you got, do a little internet research and teach yourself.

For example with regard to the question above how about a sheet of paper!!!!!!!!

Alpha particles (helium nuclei) are the least penetrating. Even very energetic alpha particles can be stopped by a single sheet of paper.

This subject was covered in 1st and 2nd year science at the high school I went to MANY MANY moons ago.

As stated different types of radiation require different solutions as can be seen above.

I dread to think what will happen to education over the next 30 yrs

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

So, because I believe in the moon hoax theory your questioning my reason for existing? Bit harsh isn't it? Its a conspiracy website last time I checked. Why are you here anyway?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

And why is it "borderline stupidity" to believe or have an interest in one of the greatest conspiracies of all time..?

Just because you don't?

Well it is dumb if you keep believing when you get show proof/facts that the main hoax beliefs are BS!!!

You know the shadow problems,cross hairs,no stars,radiation, etc etc etc.

This site is open to anyone
I joined here because I was told I would see real proof of ufo's etc still waiting!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by wmd_2008

Hoaxers seem to have to lie to prove there point

In case of the moon landing deniers or NASA detractors and critics (belonging to one groups does not automatically grant affiliation to all). The only ones interested in hyping the "moon conspiracy" are the ones that get direct profit from the controversy. Those that have anything to profit are the ones that may have any interest in lying, to the same effect NASA by default will fall in this class (and as part of the US government, lies and malfeasance should not be excluded as a possibility).

I do not think that hoaxer fully work to classify such type of individual, as they do not create or originate a lie (well all except NASA), they predate inconsistency, errors, lies and general lack of information and knowledge.

A majority of the persons discussing the subject that includes those that defend the official history are NASA supporters or simply seekers or holders of knowledge are only deepening they understanding of history, technology or simply being critical. If no one disagreed, Earth would still be flat, the Sun would turn around the Earth that if there was someone still alive due to the boredom default consensus and the risky business of blind acceptance of "facts".

Flat earth, Sun going round earth were BELIEFS not FACTS with a fact you can give some proof of what you are claiming now do YOU get it!!!

Much like religion no proof of god it's a BELIEF not a FACT the Earth is round and we can prove that , that's the difference!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by AgentSmith

So, because I believe in the moon hoax theory your questioning my reason for existing? Bit harsh isn't it? Its a conspiracy website last time I checked. Why are you here anyway?

.....so because it's a 'conspiracy website' that means we all should stick our heads up our arses does it?

What do you think ATS is, some playground for numptys who like to pretend they're spies or something?

You still have not answered my question to you on the other thread BTW, which I may add is fairly typical of a hoax believer. You post a demand such as "explain this then", and when somebody does explain it to you you disappear, to show up some place else and ask other similarly thick questions. Either way mate, you don't want to learn anything, you just want to play 'conspiracies'.

edit on 3-9-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join