It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of a lion loose in Essex U,K

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I can understand why a lot of people would scream hoax, its not like we havent seen so many before, but im just not seeing it yet.

If that photo is one of the twelve apparently took then i believe we're looking at a lion. Its a major lack of responsibility if one of these have gotten away from their owners and this could explain why theres no missing lion reports yet. Im looking forward to any updates.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think that image of the lion next to the car is a hoax......

Anthony Tropeano, Zoological Director of Colchester Zoo who visited the scene, said: "The photograph shows an animal in a field, it is a sandy brown colour, but the photography is of such poor quality it's not possible for us to say one way or the other what it definitely is."

www.bbc.co.uk...

I would love to see the real ones

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Yes, the photo at the beginning of this thread has been declared a hoax.

You can see an actual photo he re .
edit on 27/8/2012 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
reply to post by kamatty

Yes, the photo at the beginning of this thread has been declared a hoax.

The caption under the photo says "Images SIMILAR to this one were handed to Essex police ..."

CX

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

It says "images similar to this one were handed to the police".

That to me says that the pic in that link is not the actual pic of the cat.

CX.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

Sorry, your right. We do really need to see the original photo's took then.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is getting interesting. The Essex Lion has just taken refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They called off the search saying it was a ''large domestic cat''.

The report I read here on UK news this morning sounded convincing, a few witnesses said they heard roaring and around 12 reported seeing it, saying it was a ''real lion, tan colour with a real mane''.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Madcotto

Ah ha ha, Assange will have a pal to run his RT show with now.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
They called off the search saying it was a ''large domestic cat''.

The report I read here on UK news this morning sounded convincing, a few witnesses said they heard roaring and around 12 reported seeing it, saying it was a ''real lion, tan colour with a real mane''.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

This is pretty much what drew me to the story.......all the witness' statements seemed too convincing.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There were so many witnesses that were certain it was a LION.

This 'domestic cat' picture doesn't look like any house cat I ever seen and I used to have Maine Coon at least as big as Stewie, 'the longest cat in the world'. This thing looks like it was borrowed from the Wizard of Oz and is way bigger than the grass and it's ears don't even scale with the foliage on the trees.

Kind of odd that the police are ignoring it, I would be concerned if in the area,until it was caught.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

There were so many witnesses that were certain it was a LION.

This 'domestic cat' picture doesn't look like any house cat I ever seen and I used to have Maine Coon at least as big as Stewie, 'the longest cat in the world'. This thing looks like it was borrowed from the Wizard of Oz and is way bigger than the grass and it's ears don't even scale with the foliage on the trees.

Kind of odd that the police are ignoring it, I would be concerned if in the area,until it was caught.

As mentioned, that is the Daily Fail, and they state under the photo that photos "similar" to that had been handed to police.

So, the first pic in the thread is a proven hoax, unrelated to the Essex story. The photo the Daily Fail is showing is their attempt to dupe idiot readers into thinking they have the photo - it's not the photo.

Why do we still not have the photos?

I can only think of two reasons for not releasing the photos - either they are too weak to be evidence of anything and they're embarrassed about being accused of over reacting, or they are convincing enough that they fear there might be a genuine panic.

But, after hearing the reports from witnesses, and hearing the radio interview from another person who heard a lion roar in the same area before the news broke, I'm not so sure this is a hoax.

This is just really baffling. I don't think people could see a lion and report it as such without being certain of it. Most people know a lion when they see one, they know a lions roar when they hear it. I'm really not convinced that the witnesses are wrong and saw something they have misidentified.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Why do we still not have the photos?

I can only think of two reasons for not releasing the photos - either they are too weak to be evidence of anything and they're embarrassed about being accused of over reacting, or they are convincing enough that they fear there might be a genuine panic.

This is now becoming the biggest mystery of all to me (a point I could also have made in reply to Catch_a_Fire).

Another reason may be that the photos are now part of an ongoing "wasting-police-time" enquiry.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Funny they have not released the true picture of this animal they are after. Why is it Classified? Is there really a picture? I`m leaning to they are not looking for the cat but something else. The cat just is a great coverup.
Any UFO sightings from the area lately?
Maybe the Wiki-leaks guy is really not at the Embassy.
edit on 8/27/2012 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with you mate. The images are almost certainly hoaxed, but the story itself may very well be true.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Thanks and doh, I should've know that rag wouldn't put any real pictures there. Though the Guardian are posting the same picture with credits to witnesses.

Seems very odd that so many people reported sightings and were 1million% certain it was a full grown lion.

lion picture

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
heres the pic
with this caption underneath

Lion sighting in Essex in a field behind Gill and Steve Atkin's caravan at Earl Drive Farm Photograph: Gill and Steve Atkin

taken by Gill and Steve

edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

if anything that cat resembles a Lynx to me
edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
looks like a standard pose for a stuffed toy, also most phones cameras do video now so kinda odd how there no footage of it moving, because if i thought it was a lion i wouldent take me eyes off it.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Madcotto because: added cameras

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I just thought that I'd chip in with this thought...

That image of the big cat from dailymail was quoted as being "similar" to ones handed into the police.
That doesn't mean that the photo is NOT an image of the same animal.

It merely means that it was not part of the set of photos that was handed in to police.

So, it COULD be an image of the cat in question.

regards,
GTD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join