It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of a lion loose in Essex U,K

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just been on sky news that there is reports of a lion loose in essex.

The animal was reportedly seen in St Oysth, near Clacton, Essex
EmailPolice have warned residents to stay indoors after reports of a lion on the loose in Essex.

The large cat, believed to be a lion, was seen in fields off Earls Hall Drive in St Oysth, near Clacton, Essex, just before 7pm, police said.www.dailymail.co.uk...

news.sky.com...

edit on 26-8-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
tis it rasta lion

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Wow...that's like finding out there's a shark loose in your swimming pool. Amazing animals...I've so much respect for that near perfect land killing machine.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sounds like bs to me.

The zoo says its not theirs, and the fact is, there are no lions in Essex apart from in zoo's.

Its more than likely some plonka dressed up as one hoping to get a viral video on youtube....much like the one with the guy pretending to be a zombie.

A lion wouldnt be hard to find in clacton, so nearly 5 hours on, i find it fairly unlikely it is really a living breathing lion on the lose.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
EDIT:

Ignore that last post, turns out it could be from a circus performing in town.
edit on 26-8-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 26-8-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Haha I would laugh my ass off...
If it was a cuddle toy like the one previously. Where a special unit spent 7 hours or so ( I cannot recall) trying to surround the animal.

Well I would suggest to stay inside.
He can scrach!

On a additional note.
It is in essex. Who cares. As long as it rips the hearts out of 'the only way is essex' cast I will be happy enough to feed it myself with the little amount of pocket money I recieve
edit on 26/8/12 by hellzdoms because: Additional humour had to be added.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here kitty kitty!
Wow, imagine strolling down the street and then... WHOA!!!!!!!!

How in the hell did he get loose in the first place? Should be fun trying to catch the darned thing. LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Would literally be the scariest thing ever to open your door and see a lion like 10 feet away strolling down the street.

prob would crap my pants and arm my self with knives ...( like that would help ..lol )...

The thing is though......for the most part, if it wants to get into your home, it has enough strength to.

Homes are build to keep people safe ,sheltered , and to keep people out....not to keep animals out.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Its the 12 monkeys fault !

edit on 8/27/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
ive been searching for the pic apperently taken of the lion but cant find one thats confirmed
it will end up having a fake tan and a vagazzle if its not careful being in Essex

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is blatantly a mistaken/fake sighting. Where would it have come from? The Zoo nearby (Colchester) reports all lions are accounted for, the circus that was there weeks ago did not have any lions in its performance. It could be just some massive cat, a wild one, but not a Lion.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

the news (BBC) have stated that zoo workers have looked at the pic (dont think its been released yet and i dont know why) taken and have agreed it looks like a lion

they are still looking anyway

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Yeah I heard that too, I think they are mistaken. I mean come on, where has it possibly come from?

Perhaps some mentalist had one as a pet somehow and it escaped? This is either an elaborate hoax or a whole lot of mistaken sightings.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
WOW, what a TERRIBLE SHAME that you all didnt have FIREARMS to eliminate this threat over there in the UK...

How many innocent families and children will be watched EATEN ALIVE because nobody had the ABILITY to eliminate this THREAT?

Poor defenseless UK.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It looks real to me, this is the photo passed to the police/zoo etc with a lightened version for comparison:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
WOW, what a TERRIBLE SHAME that you all didnt have FIREARMS to eliminate this threat over there in the UK...

How many innocent families and children will be watched EATEN ALIVE because nobody had the ABILITY to eliminate this THREAT?

Poor defenseless UK.

Yes because the only way to deal with a lion is to shoot it dead, what a shame we haven't invented some kind of projectile containing something like a tranquillizer.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

source for the pic?

@hangthetraitors
and you gunslinger take a hike!

tranqulizers are efficient enough!
edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

looks like a household cat on a garden fence, the car could simply be parked in a driveway. could be wrong though

is there any daytime photo's of the same angle (probably clutching at straws there).

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Because, of course there is only one way to trap and sedate a lion and that's by blowing its head off, right?

No.

There are armed police and trained professionals looking for this thing - if it exists. Over here in the UK we prefer to let them do their job, rather than rush in like fools with all guns blazing.

I realise thats not your average rootin' tootin' Yosemite Sam all guns a blazin' "I hates that lion" mentality, but this is England and we're more civilised over here.

Still, thanks for the alarmist comments.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
looks like a household cat on a garden fence, the car could simply be parked in a driveway. could be wrong though

I'm interested in the validity of the photo, however, the average cat isn't shaped as powerfully, and its head is an awful lot smaller.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join