It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of a lion loose in Essex U,K

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

It's ears in this photo are certainly more lynx like. Some reports say it had a tan mane though, and the witnesses being mature, would know how a lion looks and also wouldn't appear to be needing a motive for a hoax.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If that's a genuine photograph from this current flap, it's almost certainly a hoax. Last year's UK tiger panic involved a life-like, life-sized stuffed toy and they come as lions and tigers. I've seen them at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Ah well, would have preferred a mystery.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

no way! my mum has the exact snow tiger in front of her fire!
won from Blackpool!

the difference with this sighting is the witnesses seem very credible

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It's ears in this photo are certainly more lynx like. Some reports say it had a tan mane though, and the witnesses being mature, would know how a lion looks and also wouldn't appear to be needing a motive for a hoax.

How would they know? Had they ever seen a lion in the wild in real life, I doubt it. Clearly a cat.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yeah, they played the tapes of interviews on 5Live tonight. They sounded authentic and no suggestion of hoaxers. I guess it's wait and see.

If your folks won a tiger at BPB they must have bribed them...those basketball nets are half the size of the ball.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I would think most adults have seen lions, from a zoo or wildlife park or somewhere, certainly enough to determine the variation from domestic cat to lion. Otherwise there would be daily ''omg there's a lion digging up the dahlias'' every day.

As well as this picture is just from one of the witnesses, there were reportedly around 12, including a man walking with his kids.

The picture could be the cause of giving up the search, the picture could be contrived whilst there could be an actual real lion roaming Essex. Just because some people faked a picture or wanted some of the action doesn't make it impossible.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I'm not saying anyone faked anything. The picture is that of a cat, quite simple.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

The picture is of a cat, that isn't being disputed.

Other people apart from the people that took this picture, were witnesses that said they seen a LION.

The point is, the picture looks ludicrous if it's meant to be a lion but the other witness reports sound credible.

So did they give up searching because of one witness picture? Are they not taking other witness accounts into consideration?

edit on 27-8-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

too true
it probably cost around £20 before one went in!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe some type of shenannigans are at work here.
We have the so called "roar"heard,the guy shouting its a **** lion,and the long distance pics we have not yet seen.
Sounds dodgey to me.

Could be a prank which went out of control,or some poor dog with a beehive stuck on his head.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Picture of lion:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Picture of cat.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Maybe its been replicated : not too famous now ..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Understandably the search has now been called off but one can only think about the potential for attacks. The photo definitely looks authentic and that definitely looks like a lion. I don't know about you ladies and gents but I have never seen a 'large domestic cat' like that! I wouldn't be surprised at all if this lion has been roaming around for sometime in the wild. Round the corner from me there was numerous reports of a black Panther type animal last year. I think this is one story to keep an eye on - the news and social networking are loving it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When I first heard this today I was intrigued and baffled at the same time and this is why:

Lion in Essex

In case you missed it, it was this snippet: "I was looking out of the window and we saw smoke. When the smoke cleared I could see this shape in the field, so I got the binoculars out. We had a look and it looked like a lion."

Smoke? WTH!

Now England has got its fair share of bizarre foreign animals invading their lands but it was this lady's testimony particulary stood out for me. Is it possible... That wherever these creatures roam are walking into a vortex or time slip to end up at a different part of the world?

It could explain why they never found it and just to add more ideas into the mix, what if it wasn't smoke? What if it was steam? Searing heat of the Serengeti suddenly touching down on good ole blighty wet soil.

Like I said... Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
this is getting confusing, the first picture is a hoax, and there no real confirmation the second picture IS the one from the sighting. until we see the real pictures i suppose we have to assume the witnesses saw something unusual and they think it is a lion.

the first picture didn't look right to me even though the body looks lion like, and the other picture is to blurry to tell what it is.

at this point i am going to assume the witnesses are telling the truth until the real pictures are released or more information becomes available.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Picture of lion:

latest

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I think the conflicting issues with photo's etc., is whats making this story a little less believable. I still think the witness' saw something, exactly what it was will probably remain a mystery now.

Its a shame really because the first accounts seemed very intriguing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Madcotto
This is getting interesting. The Essex Lion has just taken refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy

edit on 28-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The van driver, from Romford, Essex, continued: 'I grabbed my children’s hands and we ran towards our caravan. My children started to scream, “daddy, is the lion going to get us?”

'It was one million per cent a lion

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

now if it was just... say, 100% certain, then i doubt that i would have believed him.
However i do know some folk from Romford, and even they say that it is a remarkably stupid place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join