It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found in charity shop...necklace? Disc? strange symbols does anyone know ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My first post......not sure if this is the wrong forum but can't think of anywhere else to put this.
I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure out what the symbols mean on this disc.
I actually only came across this disc yesterday when I was looking in a charity shop, it was hanging on a rack with some necklaces and it was hanging on a cord like someone had used it as a necklace, I thought it was a really unusual necklace, I asked the women who work in the shop if they knew anything about it but they didn’t.
But I know it really isn’t a necklace, it looks to me like it was used for something, but I have no idea what it actually is, but I am so intruigued by it with its strange markings, sciggles and arrows?????, it has a stamp mark on the bottom, the first number is worn away but the other two numbers are a 2 and a 5, I did a bit of research and 925 means it is silver, so I am just guessing that the other number would have been a 9, it looks like silver though and is quite thick, but I really would love to know what the symbols mean and what the cut out in the middle means as the sides on the cut out aren’t even the same size.....it really has me puzzled so I am really hoping one of you smart ATS’s will have some information, you are such a clever bunch....I have taken a pic of the front and the back as they are virtually the same, and another pic with a door key to give you some idea of the size, well thanks for reading and hope someone can help......not sure if I have put the pics in properly....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Looking at it with an abstract-art type eye - I see 2 sperm, 2 eggs, and one other (?)

I also see a vaginal opening, and a cervix connected to a womb.

My GUESS is it's a feminine piece of some sort and has to do with fertility.

Check fertility talismans for women and also talismans for men who want to get in touch with their 'feminine' side.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks like some perverts rendition of both male and female baby makers.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Looks like an amateur art project or something. I wouldn't read so much into it really.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Looks like an amateur art project or something. I wouldn't read so much into it really.
Yea it amateur made alright, could just be random designs.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think you have probably nailed it on the head....I knew you guys would help figure it out, and it was driving me nutty, I kept picking it up and looking at it trying to get a clue as to what it was lol.....but I think I am going with sperm and eggs lol, and definitly won't be wearing it.....think I will give it to my daugher in law ....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It looks like a plate for a doorlock. Guessing someone found the piece pf metal and decided to make it into a pendant ... very cool

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pebbles123

A jeweler can tell you if it's silver or not. A 925 stamp on a piece usually means it is silver, 925 means 92.5% silver. Of course some are counterfeits. If that really is silver though, you should know. Silver is priced at about $30 an ounce right now, and I'm assuming you didn't pay too much for that necklace. You're probably already ahead on your investment based on silver value only.

Sweet find, I think it's great.

Oh, and I thought "door frame plate" too as soon as I looked, even before I read the other guy's comment!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If the two holes go THROUGH the metalwork, then they are mounting screw holes and what you have is a piece of functional contemporary art designed to be a decorative key hole plate.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No the holes don't go all the way through....they are little round indentations like the arrows, but thanks for taking a look...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Check out Ruin Symbols..as far as the arrows..Justice Symbol used as either going North, South, East or West..looks like a Protection Charm to me..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

If you were attracted to this..it was for a reason!! Hold on to it!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Will def look up runes,, thanks for that......funny you should say I was attracted to it as I actually was walking out of the shop door when I turned around and went back to buy it.
As for protection well my atomic clock in my bedroom is 2 hours out and it won't go back to normal...I always thought they coulnd't get messed up..... and the same evening that happened my laptop clock went out by five hours, this happened at about one in the morning about 2 nights ago after I had brought the necklace though...makes no sense to me how 2 clocks can go weird the same night in the same room, not sure if I should be worried about that or not lol.......

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
looks like an alien made this
it can be a mysterious device since this thing is all silver
it has been tested and the number are almost gone
that mean this thing is really old and obviously very important
there is a msg in the design .. maybe it is to open some door somewhere

the arrows give you a hint on how to be moved

nice find .. keep it close
it could be a decoration or something totaly different
try to research what it is by yourself
dont go see a expert .. when its a good find
many are crooks and can be dangerous when they want something

thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hi there ... thanks for sharing that looks wonderful

I was wondering, just purely from a feeling sense. This looks like its come from the new zealand maori. The clubs look similar to that whole.

ok translating the thing thats another question, everything is always open to interpretation. I dont actually know what it means, im just guessing peotic ideas: ok so ... the line in my view represents a souls journey. Downstepping into the "college" of pleiadese or sirius. Then downstepping again into our present college earth. on stepping through the key hole, moving out into the void. OR could be reference to some form of calender.

No matter what, i agree with apollo7, its come to you for a reason. Have fun with it, all the best

new topics

top topics

join