It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So that would make the one in South America over 8 then?

Is it still going on?

I read something about aa cluster of meteors near earth possibly triggering quakes.

But then our murder incorporated team of dark hat elties, seems to use our Scalar Technology to AMP UP all allignments and cosmic events as much as they can.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My opinion on all this (small earthquake) activity is; that the Earth is just adjusting itself and the frequent small earthquakes are normal and perhaps a good sign that the earth is adjusting itself in this way; so bigger quakes won't happen right now.

List of current quakes: www.data.scec.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I live in San Diego and I haven't felt a single one because they're all minor little shakes. There sure are a lot of them, but still they're not enough to be a problem.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354
...when the big one hits the new coast line would be somewhere in Nevada.

In regards to this huge misconception, any basic college geology course will teach you the scientific reasons why an expansive section of continental landmass (such as all of California) would not break off and sink into the ocean due to even the largest of earthquakes.

Fortunately, we do not live within the fictional worlds where disaster movies take place.

The more you know...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
idk if this has been said or not but i was reported yesterday by breaking news on twitter that there where 99 possibly more yesterday

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Glad to see you here Puterman!!!!

Do you have any comments on the strange boom sounds people have reported hearing in California & Baraboo?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
Its all the bad karma from the RNC convention. hehehehe.

Uh, the RNC convention is in FL.

Nothing to hehe about the weather patterns in either area.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity
reply to post by earthart

I believe* that come Tuesday (28th August), there will be 2 major weather related crisis, and 1 major earthquake, the scale of which we haven't yet fathomed. Now I am not trying to predict anything here...this is just a gut feeling.

I want to be wrong, and I pray I am wrong. Still, I have penned it here, because this is a website where we can share our thoughts. As far as volcanic eruption is concerned, I did not see it in my dream.

* I had a bad dream.

You basing that on the solar weather info I believe.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I find some thing very odd!
look at the quake map and you will see quakes at below left of Thailand.
and look at the bottom of Mexico both have quakes of mag 5.

And they are in line, opposite sides of the earth!
could their be some kind of link?
quake map

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Does this kind of pattern mean a giant quake could happen soon?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I tend to avoid quake threads because most are perfectly normal, though recently in CA there were 300 in 9 hours and if USGS is mentioning it then it is worth mentioning.

This may be posted already, I don't have time to read all the thread.

Perhaps all the sunspot activity stirred something, or maybe some asteroids or ...something else?

Unsure if this could be related, though I sense things well, and recently I have felt very tense and nervous.

300 quake 'storm'

(NEWSER) – Some 300 earthquakes shook up Southern California in less than nine hours yesterday, and were continuing late into the night. The "quake storm" was centered in rural Imperial County near San Diego. Most temblors were minor, but at least three hit magnitudes above 5.2. Windows were shattered and trailer homes were shaken off their foundations, but no other major damage was immediately reported. "Obviously, all this activity is related or interconnected, but it doesn't really follow the typical main shock, aftershock activity," a US Geological Survey seismologist told the Los Angeles Times. The last major quake swarm in the area occurred seven years ago. Seismologists don't completely understand what causes the phenomenon, but the region is at the intersection of the Imperial and San Andreas faults. “It’s been pretty bad," said a Brawley resident who felt 15 quakes in less than three hours. "Some of them are slow, and then they get intense. We’re so anxious right now we can’t sit still.” Brawley Mayor George Nava added: "We're all on edge here. It's not uncommon for us to have earthquakes, but at this frequency and at this magnitude, it's fairly unusual."

edit on 27-8-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
My opinion on all this (small earthquake) activity is; that the Earth is just adjusting itself and the frequent small earthquakes are normal and perhaps a good sign that the earth is adjusting itself in this way; so bigger quakes won't happen right now.

List of current quakes: www.data.scec.org...

I see by this map that Clear Lake, Mount Konocti has a swarm going also, it has not erupted 10,000 years ago..
en.wikipedia.org...

We get the effect of the smoke from the fires going on there so I guess it is close enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animorganimate

Originally posted by lme7898354
...when the big one hits the new coast line would be somewhere in Nevada.

In regards to this huge misconception, any basic college geology course will teach you the scientific reasons why an expansive section of continental landmass (such as all of California) would not break off and sink into the ocean due to even the largest of earthquakes.

Fortunately, we do not live within the fictional worlds where disaster movies take place.

The more you know...

Very true although much of California is below sea level and can flood.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I live in San Diego and I haven't felt a single one because they're all minor little shakes. There sure are a lot of them, but still they're not enough to be a problem.

You may not be feeling them but a lot of folks are, select responses on this Link

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lme7898354---->Edgar Cayce made a prediction that when the big one hits the new coast line would be somewhere in Nevada.

Oh, maybe that's why some guy tried to sell me this beach house in Eureka 20 years ago, he must have known.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Being prepared never hurts. If you have supplies and have to spend money rotating them, and never have to use them, good for you. Don't be upset about it.
Also, dont live in fear. Knowing/thinking something could happen at any moment, dont let it paralyze you. Let it motivate you to have a plan and emergency supplies, and to live your life to the fullest.
Yeah, what if you go out to live it up and something does happen while you are away from your home/cache? Oh well. Better than hiding inside all your life, right? That is my advice, and I am sure, many others. Go and live, people. Camping/backpacking is fun as hell, and you can practice all kinds of techniques and skills.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The phenomenon your describing is caused by oscillations resonating in the earths mantle and is fairly common, they can appear in all kinds of fractional placings, 1/3, 1/4 ect and even multiple spots I believe

faculty.weber.edu...

www.troy.k12.ny.us...
edit on 8/27/2012 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by earthart

We have been having allot of quakes the past few weeks, but not over 300 in 3 days like in the past weekend. Its kinda freaky. I have not felt any of them, but I have seen some footage from some of them on TV. Pretty quick pretty violent.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think the swarm has slowed down some now.
A lot of pressure released perhaps.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The same thing happened in Reno a few years back but for almost a month. Reno also had a Geo Thermal plant. Go figure.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join