It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on Romney: ‘I don’t fully endorse him for president’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Mr. Paul, in an interview, said convention planners had offered him an opportunity to speak under two conditions: that he deliver remarks vetted by the Romney campaign, and that he give a full-fledged endorsement of Mr. Romney. He declined.

"It wouldn't be my speech," Mr. Paul said. "That would undo everything I've done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for president."

Well, there we have it...Ron Paul does not endorse Mitt Romney. I'm actually glad he stuck to his principles for his supporters sake.

And we also now know for sure that Paul will not be speaking at the convention, which means he is not on the ballot.

So what are your thoughts ATS....I would think Paul supporters have to like this...and I'm thinking Repbulicans are probably not liking it so much.

I honestly don't think it is a big deal one way or the other...Paul supporters wouldn't vote for Romney even if Ron Paul sold out and endorsed him, and Republicans know that it isn't a large voting bloc that they would gain from pandering to Ron Paul and his supporters.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Im pretty surprised really. I figured RP would cow-tow. He actually gains a little bit of respect from me on this. Not enough to be crazy enough to vote for him, but a little.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I am also sure he doesn't support Obama!!!! Too bad they didn't ask him that question???

link   
It would be news if he supported romney. By not supporting him, he is just sticking to principle. Why the media thinks this is news is beyond me. I guess they hope people will think he is a traitor?

link   
Well if RP has such a small voter bloc why are they asking for a endorsement from him??? Romney supporters are actually even less in number in Ron Pauls supporters, which is primarily the reason they picked such a weak candidate..... Looks like you'll get your wish though, Obama will win because they somehow managed to find a bigger POS than the current POTUS.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm proud of the old guy. It spells trouble for team Romney though.

Many of RP's supporters are moving over to where I have been for a long time, the Libertarian camp. All those voters are now going to go Libertarian and not Republican. It might not get Gary Johnson the win, but it sure will make it tough for Romney to win as well. They should have been nice to the old doctor from Texas.

Serves them right. He tried his big bully crap like he did in business and it backfired. We have known for years that, though it sounds good in talking, you cannot run a country like a business...it just doesn't work that way.

You open the doors of opportunity to everyone...not just the cronies and the rascals...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In a truly open democratic society, any man should have a right to speak his mind. But I guess that's a childish notion on my part.

this sounds almost like blackmail, how funny is it that you are not bothered by that fact?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I had kind of thought he would throw an endorsement as well...for Rand.

So yeah, I give him some respect for not caving.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Im pretty surprised really. I figured RP would cow-tow. He actually gains a little bit of respect from me on this. Not enough to be crazy enough to vote for him, but a little.

Which just proves you don't know jack ship about Ron Paul because if you did you would know he would never compromise his principles for these people. It also blows your whole "he's crazy" BS Shtick out of the water. He is so straight laced honest he won't even say yeah sure I'll do it and then when he gets to speak blast them and Romney as they deserve...

These crooks would love for him to endorse Romney not because they think his supporters would go along with him they know they are not brain washed sheeple like theirs and Obama supporters. They would throw Ron Paul under the bus and say see he is a sell out blah blah blah...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I am also sure he doesn't support Obama!!!! Too bad they didn't ask him that question???

Given that Ron is a republican, it wouldn't make sense to ask him that question ... he would only endorse a republican candidate .. so I think they were just seeing if he was going to make that move.. which he obviously isn't =)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Not sure why you're surprised? .. it falls perfectly in line with Ron's principals .. he's been extremely consistent..

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Why would he...Ron Paul is a Republican...he was running in the Republican primary.

Why do you think they would even think about asking him if he endorses Obama...I can tell you right now he doesn't.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Why would he...Ron Paul is a Republican...he was running in the Republican primary.

Why do you think they would even think about asking him if he endorses Obama...I can tell you right now he doesn't.

It is simply in reply to your post trying to make Romney look bad compared to you boss Obama! Okay, so Ron Paul doesn't support Romney.............Is that a big frickin surprise???????

So what WAS the purpose of your post???

Ron Paul has proven he doesn't fall into partisan politics and he supports the Constitution, so why do you think he would endorse Romney???? As far as I am concerned, he is about the only politician in DC who gives a damn about our country!

edit on 26-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It is simply in reply to your post trying to make Romney look bad compared to you boss Obama! Okay, so Ron Paul doesn't support Romney.............Is that a big frickin surprise???????

Perhaps it points out that choosing Paul Ryan as VP is not going to make the Ron Paul supporters fall in line. Ron Paul refused to bend his knees to the party leaders and his supporters won't likely do so either.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Perhaps it points out that choosing Paul Ryan as VP is not going to make the Ron Paul supporters fall in line. Ron Paul refused to bend his knees to the party leaders and his supporters won't likely do so either.

Maybe that is how you see it, but I will tell you this much, I will fall on my sword and vote for Romney, before I allow Obama another four years to destroy this country!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Which just proves you don't know jack ship about Ron Paul because if you did you would know he would never compromise his principles for these people. It also blows your whole "he's crazy" BS Shtick out of the water. He is so straight laced honest he won't even say yeah sure I'll do it and then when he gets to speak blast them and Romney as they deserve...

These crooks would love for him to endorse Romney not because they think his supporters would go along with him they know they are not brain washed sheeple like theirs and Obama supporters. They would throw Ron Paul under the bus and say see he is a sell out blah blah blah...

1) care to quote for me where I said he was crazy? I am really starting to hate all the lies on this site.

2)I know plenty about rp, which is why I would never vote for him.

3)it is standard procedure for all other candidates to support the one that actually gets the nomination. Which is why I expected it.

Man, the rp cult is quick to jump to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Maybe that is how you see it, but I will tell you this much, I will fall on my sword and vote for Romney, before I allow Obama another four years to destroy this country!

If you think Romney is any better then Obama then you are naive at best... If I thought Obama was worse then Romney I'd vote for him (if I had any faith in the vote count) because the people need to feel the pain of this course to hell we are on before they will change it so for me the sooner the better. But since Romney is no better and will screw us just the same I see no point in endorsing the unverifiable voting system by participating in it period.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm actually glad he stuck to his principles for his supporters sake.

Yeah, Ron Paul is the only candidate I would expect NOT to compromise on his principles. This doesn't surprise me at all. It makes me sad that I disagree so strongly with him on some issues. He's a respectable and trustworthy man and I respect him a lot.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

So instead of having Obama destroy America in eight years you would prefer to let Romney do it in four.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I cannot believe his own party refused to allow him to speak, after lasting this long with such a large voter base.

This is an outrage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join