It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl saved by rescuer's dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

This is the link to a 17 year old girl who went to a party one night and didnt come home. After 8 days she was found in her car which landed in a bush off the road and was rescued thanks to a dream that the rescuer had.

Do you beleive there was a phsycic bond between the two?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't think this is true

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
aprojay,

Well, irrespective of whether you want to buy it or not, there's too many people involved in this story to make it easy to brush off. The girl was found based on a dream that urged the rescuer to continue into the woods and look further.

In addition, according to the medical professionals that have been treating this girl, her own dehydration saved her life because the wreck and resulting head-trauma had caused a blood clot in her brain. The blood clot was unable to cause the damage it was capable of because she was so dehydrated.

As a person with deep spiritual beliefs, I have to say...this girl's got two strong pointers that some one in authority didn't want her dead yet!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

As a person with deep spiritual beliefs, I have to say...this girl's got two strong pointers that some one in authority didn't want her dead yet!

I agree, 8 days is an increadibly long time to go without food & water plus she fell down a ravine out of sight from the road.

She is veeery lucky...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Personally, I don't, I'm more inclined to believe that the person just had a vision of her, not caused by her.

But something sure is weird about it

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When I first heard this story a few days back on Fox news and a few other local channels it was reported that the mother had the dream and then others reported that the aunt had the dream.

So now I see it is someone else. Hmmm... Makes me wonder.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think the rescuer knew the child was there thats why he had his so called vision.

I can't believe how silly some people can be with these stories, thankfully i come from the uk and don't have to hear about these child like events.

Just in case you were unaware but there is a more on right now!

there are more important things to think about sometimes

the only bond i can see is one that is rather sickening

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Going to share a little here so get your cleenex out..

I had a dream.. (hey catchy start go to remeber this) about falling down while skateboarding with people who were waiting for me in a line somwhere up ahead of me. Well i fall and think "oh this isn't good" and try to brush something from the new sweater i was wearing. Next thing is I'm awake... and i am very unnerved about something... pacing up and down in my room.

Next thing the phone goes.. not sure how much later but it my mom telling me my dad had died. Shock, horror, disbelief etc all followed as is natural.

Weeks, months later... as i was speking to my brother who was actally present at my dads death and found out more about the exact situation.. well it looked more and more like I had been there in the dream.

[edit on 14/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
edition.cnn.com...

This is the link to a 17 year old girl who went to a party one night and didnt come home. After 8 days she was found in her car which landed in a bush off the road and was rescued thanks to a dream that the rescuer had.

Hi Zenem

Stories like this are not uncommon and always bring up some skepical responses. However, I do believe that these events are there to show the skeptics that there is a positive outcome when one is brave enough to follow these "insights". Whether it be "dreams", or a strong intuitive "push", there is something happening here that cannot be denied. But then, I am biased, as I have had many such experiences as this, in the work that I do. (Clairvoyant)

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't think you need to have a direct connection to someone to get a vision of them. It could be a stranger. Whether or not you act on a vision for the benefit of the stranger is a personal call.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I think the rescuer knew the child was there thats why he had his so called vision.

This is the report as i read it,

Hatch's parents organized a volunteer search Saturday, and that night Sha Nohr, the mother of Hatch's friend, said she had dreams of a wooded area and heard the message, "Keep going, keep going."

Nohr said something drew her to stop and clamber over a concrete barrier and more than 100 feet down a steep, densely vegetated embankment where she barely managed to discern the wrecked car in some trees.

Well, i guess it is open to interpretation. Last I heard, Rescuers didnt actually know where the missing person is until they find them. Hense....SEARCH & rescue

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by aprojay
I don't think this is true

This is a true story. We have constant contact with this church - the families via email prayer requests. I received the prayer request when she came up missing.

The family was very upset because the police department shoved it off right away as a run away situation and the kids that she had partied with would not say where they had partied; sad. They would have found her a long time ago. She has been going through a struggle with her not so best influencial friends versus her good youth group friends.

A mother of a youth friend had a dream that God was trying to tell her where the girl was. I was so detailed. When God tells you something and He really wants you to act, you do. Something inside you pulls so hard it's almost like you don't have a choice, but you have an urgancy to do it too. Hard to explain. Anyway, all is better now. She is doing better everyday and lots of people have been praying for her.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Let me give to you the link from our local paper. I just love how things get twisted around.

I know the truth because we have been sharing prayer requests with families from their church and ours for quite some time. But anyway, this will give you a better idea. Let me know if the link doesn't work. It may not in a couple of days, so view it now.

archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is a similar experience. Not mine though. This happened to my dad and brother:

Litte background my dad is very ground to earth. He doesn't go out of his way by any means to say hes a skeptic but he has no interest in paranomal ideas. He has also never told anyone from within my family about a dream he has had (well maybe my mom?).

My dad told my brother about a dream he had that apparently was emotional intense. In the dream there were these giant pills that were chasing him so they could kill him. I don't think my dad has any dream recall at all so the fact that he remembered this one might have contributed to why he told someone. I kinda half seriously told my dad this might be a prophetic dream about his health

About a week later my dad and brother were almost killed by a semi-truck on the freeway. The truck belonged to a pharmaceutical company. There were pictures of giant pills on the side.

My dad seriously brushed it off as coincidence and has probably never thought of it since then. But my brother and myself laid an egg.

[edit on 063131p://13u08 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I don't think you need to have a direct connection to someone to get a vision of them. It could be a stranger. Whether or not you act on a vision for the benefit of the stranger is a personal call.

Hi Questor

From my experience, you are spot on. There is no need to have had any physical connection with the person you are having the "dream"/vision/intuitive flash about. The reason you are having it is for the "best possible outcome" scenario to play out, if you allow it.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just to point the religious crew in the right direction... this is a purely natural phenomenon and not some sort of prayer/god help me miracle thing. It's merely the ability to project your thoughts toward someone else.

Can any one remember the experiments done with the grateful dead and their fans on this subject? The had a whole gig full of deadheads try to transmit pictures to sleeping "recievers" who then had to report the dreams they had to see if the images could be matched. The results were promising but not conclusive... but just look at my post above to read about my own experience.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Just to point the religious crew in the right direction... this is a purely natural phenomenon and not some sort of prayer/god help me miracle thing. It's merely the ability to project your thoughts toward someone else.

Can any one remember the experiments done with the grateful dead and their fans on this subject? The had a whole gig full of deadheads try to transmit pictures to sleeping "recievers" who then had to report the dreams they had to see if the images could be matched. The results were promising but not conclusive... but just look at my post above to read about my own experience.

Hi Corinthas

Yes, this is a perfectually natural occurrence, nothing to do with religion at all. We all have the intuitive ability and it has nothing to do with religious belief, in fact, it has been shown that when "healing" thoughts are sent directly to the unknowing reciptient, they are far more effective than when sent via a third party, namely the god of the religions, by prayer.
We as humans act directly with each other, in this 3d world, on many levels that are not all physical.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm glad the girl was found and is recovering. I however, dont believe in the spiritual aspect of the incident, mainly her "visions", and some sort of God helping people find her. Think about it, the person who found her knew she was missing, she knew the route she took home, a "wooded area" is extremely vague, especially considering where they live. "Keep going, keep going" is just her telling her self to keep going, no more, no less. Im sure the person searched many areas before finding her. Im not saying there isnt some type of connection between everything, I think there is, im not quick to try and define this connection though. And for the person who said that God was trying to tell a mother about the girls whereabouts...what do you mean? Try? Why would a God have to "try"? Is God just guessing? Or does God just like fooling around with people and peoples lives? Sorry, that just sounds absurb to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Oh, and I've already heard a couple different versions of the story. Not saying it takes away any credibility, I just think people should be a little more skeptical.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Being Skeptic is fine. If people werent skeptic they would take things as they were without question. But on a subject like this it is no easier to prove it false than to prove it true because no-matter how well documented the subject is there is still that grey area...

I guess it just comes down to making your own mind up based on your own experiences. Everyone has had "DeJa-vu". What if that is a form of prophetic dream that we just forget and only remember when you are actually experiencing the same scene?...Who knows

But it is always good to have faith, no-matter what you beleive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join