It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been "the first ever" person to do a specific thing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I've just been watching an interview on Sky News regarding the passing of Neil Armstrong, a guy called Colin Pilinger who was involved in the space program said that people need to get out there and strive to be the first to do something. Everyone can be the second and follow someone, but being the first drives mankind forward in our achievements.

So i wondered, has anyone here ever been the first to do something?

It doesn't matter how big or small it may be compared to landing on the moon, i'm just after things that were a first for the world.

CX.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

When I was fifteen I watched Roller Blade, slapped on my hockey skates, grabbed the back of my buddies motorcycle and went 70 mph down my street that way...

I'm fairly sure that not only was I the first to do this - but I'm possibly the only person ever to be that blatantly stupid.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Does it have to be official? If so aren't you kind of asking if anyone on ATS is "famous?" If not, then how would we know if we were the "first ever" to do something?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Around 1983 I started wearing rugby pants while kicking a foot out doing a table top with my BMX...people copied,I was all happed up for the attention....then the novelty wore off

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It was skateboards and buses here mate,quite similiar.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I was the first ever guy to be intimate with a particular girl at high school - or so she said....??

Does that count??

edit on 26-8-2012 by Perhaps because: add humour

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Someone a lot wiser than myself said "There is nothing new under the Sun". There is truth in this statement, its all been done before!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

First ever things are easy enough to fabricate.

Go do a hand-stand in your bathtub/shower stall. It's likely no one has done that in your bathtub/shower stall before.
Try typing with your elbows on your keyboard, and if you've never done it on purpose, and no one else has, then, you'll be the first on that keyboard.

Whatever the case, it's easy to invent anything as a first time ever specific to any locality you choose.
Have fun.
Invent something.
Go wild.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Try typing with your elbows on your keyboard
reply to post by Druscilla

...that,was the hardest thing I have(tried) to date...elbows are not boney enough

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was the first to ware sock's with sandle's,no neet to thank me humanity im gald to help

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
First in UK to make a skateboard I recon. It was around 1977.

Plank of wood and one of those rollerskates that clipped onto shoes with straps straightened out with a hammer and screwed onto the board. My friend at the time was happy because roller skates come in pairs so we made him one too.

Oh the bruises, no protection in those days but oh what fun :-).

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think me and my friends may have invented BMX biking back in the early 60's!
I know I was the first in my neighborhood to put big fat knobby tires on my 20" bike.....

The county we lived in was getting ready to put fresh red clay on the local elementary schools baseball diamond,
and had at least 4 mounds, about 6' high piled up.

Broke a lot of spokes and handlebars jumping those things,
Don't know how we managed to not break our necks too!:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I suppose writing a 20 page paper on locomotion and tracks of reptiles and amphibians would fall under this category.
Telling frog tracks from toads has got to be close to the most useless information ever but it interests me all the same.
Did you know snakes have 3 distinctly different methods of movement?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
About 30 years ago, while filling the coffee maker at the gas station I worked at, I was inspired to stitch two coffee filters together and fill them with coffee. I then trimmed them to fit my coffee maker and tried my idea. It worked just fine.

I called some friends over to show them what I had done and they all agreed it would never sell because you could only use whatever brand of coffee that was in the pack. True story.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As children, me, my sister and a couple other close friends came up with a new word to say when we were angry or felt like swearing.

"goodgollywoggle"

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

isnt that a racist term lol

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yes! Me!

I was the FIRST CUSTOMER at this new laundry! No kidding! I was the first one in when they opened the doors.

It was pretty cool, too! The owner was all excited and wanted my input on all the machines!

First through the new laundry! AWESOME!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I also was the first and only person to buy a sofa from dfs when they didnt have a sale on

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Maybe never the first to do something or create an idea but art is never the same. I love art and make all sorts of creations from my mind to my arm to the pencil and then the paper =)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

"isnt that a racist term lol"

You know they dont even sell Golliwogs in the shops here in the UK anylonger. Racist my arse if thats the case then so are black and white chess pieces, doubly so! The world has gone PC mental. Fools that they are. Sorry if a little off topic. LoL
edit on 27-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join