It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenic God, or - We are God's Many Voices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

the theory is based on a false notion

Who are you to say what is true and what is false?
And my "snide" statement hasn't met a solid counter-argument so far.

I imagine that we are the spitting image of God's persona, the good, bad and ugly.
I am suggesting that the essence God may be reflected in what goes on down here - as above, so below.

Besides, my theory is nothing new.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KennyDurazo

Creator is creation.
Enoch has identity.
Give me my identity.
Archangel Metatron has identity.

Identity and being seem to have their roots in desire,
Perhaps the original desire of the god-spark of creation.

Creation itself is like a restless sea churning,
And our souls are here, ever burning!

We are the embers of a cosmic fire
Trapped on a rock,
And bound by desire

edit on 25-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...sp

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I love it... people are telling me.. "Hey Buddy, your thinking is wrong... THIS is how it goes..."
But see, I am just thinking out loud here.. no one has the answers, don't even try to come here like that!

I am just a monkey with my hands on a typewriter! All of us!

edit on 25-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...sp again

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BladeRunner5050

I know you might be full of angst trying to punch holes through an ideology or...

Absolutely not in angst!
I take great pleasure in fathoming the nature of the universe.

I don't believe in eternal punishment, that's for sure. That would only prove a sadistic God rules all.
I refuse to be a part of some sick spiritual game show, so no hellfire and brimstone stories scare me.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

the theory is based on a false notion

Who are you to say what is true and what is false?
And my "snide" statement hasn't met a solid counter-argument so far.

I imagine that we are the spitting image of God's persona, the good, bad and ugly.
I am suggesting that the essence God may be reflected in what goes on down here - as above, so below.

Besides, my theory is nothing new.

My counter-argument was that the premise you based your argument upon was false, and subsequently open to the tactic of ridicule, based on the falseness...

The 'theory' is incorrect...incidentally, the image you now show is more 'intelligent', and less snide...

I do not disagree with your 'imagining' and 'suggestion'...the details, however, are complicated and require elucidation on each point...

In relation to 'the splitting image of gods' persona'...
Flamelike, we were separated from the original 'conflagration'...(fire is fire)...so, in this way, you are partially correct...

The mechanisms by which each 'flame' operates, gives some the false impression that they ARE God...this is only partially true, and does not describe the relationship correctly...
The mechanisms by which each 'flame' operates, gives others the false impression that they have no say, control or 'hand' in thier fate/destiny (whatever word lights your candle)...

Both situations are dependant on the mechanism, which operates equally and perfectly for both situations...

A99

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by KennyDurazo

Creator is creation.
Enoch has identity.
Give me my identity.
Archangel Metatron has identity.

Identity and being seem to have their roots in desire,
Perhaps the original desire of the god-spark of creation.

Creation itself is like a restless sea churning,
And our souls are here, ever burning!

We are the embers of a cosmic fire
Trapped on a rock,
And bound by desire

edit on 25-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...sp

I liked this alot...

A99

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

reply to post by BladeRunner5050

I know you might be full of angst trying to punch holes through an ideology or...

Absolutely not in angst!
I take great pleasure in fathoming the nature of the universe.

I don't believe in eternal punishment, that's for sure. That would only prove a sadistic God rules all.
I refuse to be a part of some sick spiritual game show, so no hellfire and brimstone stories scare me.

Your thread is thought provoking, an dthat is what it should all be about on this site, sure some have read about the Scizophrenic God you mention but many have not.
The bit about humans being responsible for and creations of Gods divise self is pretty thought provoking. for me at least.

It takes courage to think , and leave oneself open to ridicule .
Keep it up, God may love those who dare enough to reveal him?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The 'theory' is incorrect...

Again, you write as if you were the authority on 'all that is.'
Perhaps a slightly more speculative tone would provide a more likable vibe, unless you're actually God in the flesh, then pardon me.

incidentally, the image you now show is more 'intelligent', and less snide...

I don't seek approval on how I interact socially, thanks though.

Regardless of tone, one must ponder the nature of suffering.. is it because suffering is inherent in creation, or because it is a consciously arranged system? If the latter, then why so serious, God?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

'Again, you write as if you were the authority on 'all that is.' 
Perhaps a slightly more speculative tone would provide a more likable vibe, unless you're actually God in the flesh, then pardon me.' DeReK DaRkLy...

Repeat...
'My counter-argument was that the premise you based your argument upon was false, and subsequently open to the tactic of ridicule, based on the falseness...' A99...

Suffering is one condition brought about by the little understood mechanism of FREE WILL...

The defining event (of humanity) was the point at which that FREE WILL propelled the immaterial flame into the carnate...creation of man...clothed in sheaths of skin...

These sheaths of skin were made of the same material that could interact with the mundane creation...

Our forebears were warned, but were lovingly left to excercise thier FREE WILL...as all created beings are...angels included...who would subsequently be labelled by terms that would pit them, seemingly, in opposition...

FREE WILL 'imprisoned' us, FREE WILL will set us free...same mechanism, operating in the same way in either direction...

A99

A99

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

FREE WILL 'imprisoned' us, FREE WILL will set us free...same mechanism, operating in the same way in either direction...

And what is the practical reason for this cycle, as you see it?
(I'm not looking for the HOW, I want to know WHY existence must unfold in this manner.)

That's really what I'm getting at in my OP - is all this this happening out of wisdom, madness or a combination?

Does consciousness ("will of God") permeate all existence and control it, OR does consciousness/free will grow through dimensional/evolutionary growth? Obviously we are an expression of energy.

Does human behavior mirror God and/or the universe, with our bipolar ways?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Note:
Bored, so I thought I would write a bit... (Mods, move to religion if you want, but this is just theory, not of any particular cult.)

If the story of Adam and Eve denotes the inherent evil (original sin) in mankind, then as our creator, (the one who created us in HIS image) doesn't that suggest that there is an inherently evil side to God? After all, if anyone has free will besides us, it's God.

(This mind you, is assuming there is such a thing as true evil, which I don't fully subscribe to.)

If you agree with this, then my next point is that God cannot be totally good, nor totally evil, but contains elements of both. We can see this by looking at the state of the world and the life/death cycles that permeate all existence. God does not allow us to experience only good or only bad. We are subject to the forces of nature within and without, pleasure and pain alike.

(All this, mind you, is assuming that there is a sentient Master Creator, and we are not here by happenstance.)

I don't think "Teacher" suitably describes God, but perhaps "Cosmic Programmer," because God would already know that our existence is a fabrication - a production of His will, and thus "teaching" would only serve to make us behave according to His will, and that would simply be a puppet show.

So what is God's point for all of this... to keep lesser beings in the dark, boosting His own sense of importance?
To kill some time? To show off? Blow off steam?

I suggest to you that God, should this force exist as we generally think of it, is suffering from the curse of TMI - knowing everything at once (as well as extreme boredom) and that is the ultimate form of A.D.D., or even Schizophrenia, and that is why humankind is the crazy bunch of monkeys that we are!

I expect about 2.5 replies at best. Cheers!

edit on 25-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

Yes! We live in a fallen world...Many distortions in thinking and actions of people...God gives Grace to the humble...They can be Re-Born in Their Spirit...
1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.a”

4“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!”

5Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spiritb gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘Youc must be born again.’ 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

9“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10“You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.d 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.e

16“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,f that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.g 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.” John Ch. 3

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Take white light and shine it through a prism. The light spreads out into the rainbow. Into Gods many colors.

The story of Adam and Eve is more like a story of transcendent unity splitting into the illusion of separation as it shines through space/time. In the Garden...in Saturns stomach...there is unity, eternity. Splitting up unity is about separating pairs of opposites. Pairs like land/water, above/below, good/evil, male/female, being/non-being, etc

'God made the horizon and separated the water above and below the horizon' Genesis 1:7

edit on 26-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Schizophrenic God, or - We are God's Many Voices

Neither.

Schizophrenic people who made up an imaginary playmate. Hence, the contradictions.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I often wonder about this. If god was inherently crazy it would explain all the injustice and evil in the world. I'm reading a Philip k. Dick book right now called The Divine Invasion. It's a spiritual sequel to VALIS. In VALIS the god that rules over us is insane. He is a false god called Yaldaboath. He doesn't realize hes not the true god because he is blind, stupid and jealous. Best way to describe the books is gnostic science fiction. The ideas are pretty mind melting and scary because the author claims the book is semi autobiographical( the main character is Phil)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
God , is just your inner voice speaking, so if your Schizophrenic I say sure could be
many voices is all the people telling you what god is and what he/she/it wants you to do

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

And what is the practical reason for this cycle, as you see it?
(I'm not looking for the HOW, I want to know WHY existence must unfold in this manner.)

That's really what I'm getting at in my OP - is all this this happening out of wisdom, madness or a combination?

Does consciousness ("will of God") permeate all existence and control it, OR does consciousness/free will grow through dimensional/evolutionary growth? Obviously  we are an expression of energy.

Does human behavior mirror God and/or the universe, with our bipolar ways?

The 'practical' reason for the cycle, is a means of return to the Source (whatever denomination You subscribe to)...

Existence 'must' unfold in this manner, because, it is a pre-set condition, available to all entities, to unfold using the process of FREE WILL.

Neither 'wisdom' nor 'madness'...just love...exemplified by the pre-set condition of FREE WILL...the love to take as long or as swiftly, to master the effects of the condition...

What entities do with this FREE WILL is an extension, naturally unfolding of the condition of FREE WILL...

Consciousness (the flame - US), grows through 'dimensional/evolutionary' processes...appearing as a kind of spiritual evolution...

Human behaviour mirrors its own interpretation of the FREE WILL condition...and all excuses, scapegoats, diversion of responsibility, abnegation...melts...when the 'flame-individualised consciousness' is no longer able to attribute blame, to others/god/circumstances/timing etc...essentially when the Units' vehicle has expired, and memory of a fuller nature returns - sometimes to plan to use the next available vehicle to fulfill the ability to find that narrow path back to Source...but, all too often, once re-in-carnated (reclothed in a carnal body/vehicle) memory is distracted by 'the world'...
Be 'in' the world...not 'of' it...

God is not bi-polar...
...does not play dice...

...we do...

A99

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying. I view it from a different perspective but it basically amounts to a similar idea. Just bear with me while I explain.

First of all, I do not view "God" as having any resemblance to the Abrahamic deity you used as your example. I refer to it as a supreme being. I like to think that this being exists in a dimension we cannot see, beyond the time-space universe that we humans can perceive. Concepts like heaven or hell would mean nothing to this being. Concepts such as good and evil would mean nothing as well.

I see this supreme being as a curious explorer of our reality. It had a hand in shaping our plane of existence however, it wants to experience this plane of existence from as many different realities as possible. Intelligent life is an extension of this supreme being used as a vessel to experience what it created.

This may not sound much like what you described but I would say it is. There is one major difference. I am suggesting that this being is impersonal. Unlike the Abrahamic deity, this being is not concerned with being worshiped....not concerned with humans following its dictates. Hell, the Abrahamic deity could very well be a unique incarnation of the supreme being.

So there you have it. My far out theory on the nature of the supreme being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join