It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenic God, or - We are God's Many Voices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Note:
Bored, so I thought I would write a bit... (Mods, move to religion if you want, but this is just theory, not of any particular cult.)

If the story of Adam and Eve denotes the inherent evil (original sin) in mankind, then as our creator, (the one who created us in HIS image) doesn't that suggest that there is an inherently evil side to God? After all, if anyone has free will besides us, it's God.

(This mind you, is assuming there is such a thing as true evil, which I don't fully subscribe to.)

If you agree with this, then my next point is that God cannot be totally good, nor totally evil, but contains elements of both. We can see this by looking at the state of the world and the life/death cycles that permeate all existence. God does not allow us to experience only good or only bad. We are subject to the forces of nature within and without, pleasure and pain alike.

(All this, mind you, is assuming that there is a sentient Master Creator, and we are not here by happenstance.)

I don't think "Teacher" suitably describes God, but perhaps "Cosmic Programmer," because God would already know that our existence is a fabrication - a production of His will, and thus "teaching" would only serve to make us behave according to His will, and that would simply be a puppet show.

So what is God's point for all of this... to keep lesser beings in the dark, boosting His own sense of importance?
To kill some time? To show off? Blow off steam?

I suggest to you that God, should this force exist as we generally think of it, is suffering from the curse of TMI - knowing everything at once (as well as extreme boredom) and that is the ultimate form of A.D.D., or even Schizophrenia, and that is why humankind is the crazy bunch of monkeys that we are!

I expect about 2.5 replies at best. Cheers!

edit on 25-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

S/F, from me.

God does not allow us to experience only good or only bad. We are subject to the forces of nature within and without, pleasure and pain alike.

(All this, mind you, is assuming that there is a sentient Master Creator, and we are not here by happenstance.)

I don't think "Teacher" suitably describes God, but perhaps "Cosmic Programmer," because God would already know that our existence is a fabrication - a production of His will, and thus "teaching" would only serve to make us behave according to His will, and that would simply be a puppet show.

It's exquisitely confusing and insoluble...(unsolvable)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

I think this is all you had to say.

S & F

People sayin they know God, when they have all of the hate and spite to bring everyone down. That ain't God because it ain't GOOD.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2012 by wildtimes because: IT issues.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Begin with the wrong interpretation - use that interpretation, to then invite 'fodder'...

Transparent as f#*k....

A99

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Sounds as good as any other ideas out there.

I'm not totally opposed to the idea there could be some type of god out there. But from my point of view, it seems irrelevant whether it exists or not. There is more wrong than there is right with the world. So I think it is not very concerned with what happens here, or it wants it this way, or there is no god. So most of the time I choose not to play the whole god/religion game.

Either way, I will continue to go about my business as I see fit.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You ask what God wants from us? He wants our love He does not need it but desires for us to know him and depend or trust him for everything.

I think you will find my thread a bit helpful, It basically explores All religions, spirituality, and evolution. Its called Belief in Skepticism. We can come back here and discuss this too. Not begging for points, I really believe it will clear things up for you. it did for me in a very humbling way. S&F. For a well thought out question and new idea.
above top secret
Thanks kindly,
Pax

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I think you will find my thread a bit helpful... [SNIP] I really believe it will clear things up for you.

I didn't see much continuity of logic in your breakdown of the man's video (A, B, C) but if you would like to expound on your own conclusions here, please do. However, I myself think that final conclusions about the nature or intent of God is futile from a mortal's standpoint.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I think you will find my thread a bit helpful... [SNIP] I really believe it will clear things up for you.

I didn't see much continuity of logic in your breakdown of the man's video (A, B, C) but if you would like to expound on your own conclusions here, please do. However, I myself think that final conclusions about the nature or intent of God is futile from a mortal's standpoint.

Except, of course, your own?!

A99

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Haha love it. Reminds me of a paper I wrote in high school but funnier

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
BTW, I love how some people (2 so far) can throw their snide remarks in, but have nothing thought-provoking of their own to share. Shows a LOT of intelligence, as well as class.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am a schizophrenic and also sorta have A.D.D. Attention deficit disorder , for those not in the know. Are you saying god hears voices all day long and fights with them and lives in his parents basement?

It's really hard to get things done sometimes, let alone create the universe. If their is no one around to talk to god where would he get the voices from, do you believe he or god speaks English or what people would call language. I always thought that god would be beyond our comprehension in a lot of ways. And if he had an illness couldn't he just wish it away.

I am not really a religious person , I usually stay away from threads like this or deeply religious. I don't think god is schizophrenic though.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You ask what God wants from us? He wants our love He does not need it but desires for us to know him and depend or trust him for everything.

Ahh yes, to shepherd the weak... "I'm God, I'll make stuff that suffers because I sure can't... then they'll appreciate the little bit of mercy I show from time to time."

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Note:
Bored, so I thought I would write a bit... (Mods, move to religion if you want, but this is just theory, not of any particular cult.)

If the story of Adam and Eve denotes the inherent evil (original sin) in mankind, then as our creator, (the one who created us in HIS image) doesn't that suggest that there is an inherently evil side to God? After all, if anyone has free will besides us, it's God.

(This mind you, is assuming there is such a thing as true evil, which I don't fully subscribe to.)

If you agree with this, then my next point is that God cannot be totally good, nor totally evil, but contains elements of both. We can see this by looking at the state of the world and the life/death cycles that permeate all existence. God does not allow us to experience only good or only bad. We are subject to the forces of nature within and without, pleasure and pain alike.

So what is God's point for all of this... to keep lesser beings in the dark, boosting His own sense of importance?
To kill some time? To show off? Blow off steam?

I suggest to you that God, should this force exist as we generally think of it, is suffering from the curse of TMI - knowing everything at once (as well as extreme boredom) and that is the ultimate form of A.D.D., or even Schizophrenia, and that is why humankind is the crazy bunch of monkeys that we are!

I expect about 2.5 replies at best. Cheers!

The story of Adam an Eve the Garden of Eden the creation of first man and first woman was edited cencred .Just as God allegedlly made Adam from the earth /soil/mud/clay/sod/...So was the first Woman also fashioned at the same time as Adam made from the same elements soil earth mud clay sod ect whatever the translation you use.An this Woman was called Lillith an echoing your original post an thought of Gods apparent dueallity between good an evil an amorall aspect to his attatude towards his subjects creations ie minnions ie us .And Lilleth had to be destroyed by God as he had made a huge mistake in giveing Lilleth apears as the epitome of evil to Adams rightous goodness.So much so God destroys Lilleth an she is the first soul sent into damnation.God then created a new mate for Adam useing one of his ribs..And Eve was created.....Brilliant O P will star an flag......................

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my A.D.D. baby

This is how an angel cries
I blame it on my own sick pride
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

BTW, I love how some people (2 so far) can throw their snide remarks in, but have nothing thought-provoking of their own to share. Shows a LOT of intelligence, as well as class.

That wasn't me was it? I hope not.

There's not much to say about 'God'. Is any one person really able to tell you what is right regarding 'God', let alone convince you of it to a point of staunch belief, especially in this day and age?

Degrees of influence, I suppose.

Nice video btw, the guy reminds me a lot of someone I know when I watched the official music video.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ahh yes, to shepherd the weak... "I'm God, I'll make stuff that suffers because I sure can't... then they'll appreciate the little bit of mercy I show from time to time."

...and this is 'not' snide?...and shows inteligence?

Your expanded comments make little sense, based on a faulty interpretation...as you have noted, 'this is just a theory of mine'...the theory is based on a false notion...therefore, any 'conclusion', you have come to...theory or not...is faulted...and because it is faulty, but assumed to be the correct scenario, is open to the nonsensical questioning, based on the initial fault...

If you were to present the same theory, without meme snideness etc...there would be genuine discussion...
...as it is...it does not appear to present genuine questioning, but, is a bait...

...it is transparent...

A99

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Let me gues you are an...............aetheist . There are lots on this site. Trying to find contradictions and everything. I believe in God , I am more of a spiritual person never really went to church. If you're reading through the bible and feeling a little puzzled I know where you are coming from. I believe in a creator cause we are here for some reason and I also believe we are in heaven being alive on earth. Just saying I almost died and thought a lot about how I used to imagine heaven being like and believe the here and now was a gift from someone or somewhere. People take things for granted and think there is pain and misery, but I dont. Because I know I could also not be here, be somewhere else and just look at things differently from an early age try to cherish the little things. I know you might be full of angst trying to punch holes through an ideology or going through the written bible and finding complaints, but you might be at peace with it one day. My religion or philosophy ies don't have a textbook I just try to live with nature and my family and enjoy life.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am the GOD of
LOS ANGELES GOSPEL MESSENGERS.
i am the GOD of DOD.
I am the GOD of TIME of Murchison Street School1989.
I am the GOD of Heaven having commanded the brass.
I am the GOD of Heaven having commended the brass.
I teach GOD as this ....kenny disclose.tv
Creator is creation.
Enoch has identity.
Give me my identity.
Archangel Metatron has identity.
Give me back my pen so i may write this book america

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Let me guess , you're one of mine . The religious right who used to follow me around and follow up behind me. And who is archangel mega tron ........ The voice of God. I was just trying to level with this guy, some of the religious were coming in to tear him apart. There are a lot of aetheists here, don't you have anything better to do. College age aetheists I guess, or people who listen to rebellious music or knowadays you could get influenced from anywhere. Maybe say don't be pessimistic be optimistic. And why would I need a pen to write the rest of Revelations? As the voice of God , how old are you shouldn't be bothering the college age members with your beliefs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join