It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Box Turtle is taped Balloons....PETA is going Nuts !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't no what the penalty for taping a Box Turtle to Balloons is...

But, PETA has already put out a $2500 Reward for the pranksters.

"We look up and there's green and blue balloons up there," said resident Chanelle Wright. "He was just swinging his arms trying to get out of it. Somebody had taped him to the balloons."

Poor Turtle was swinging his arms....

The turtle is now being held at the Oceanside Humane Society while an investigation is conducted.

Maybe the Turtle will rat out the Culprits...

The Humane Society had the turtle checked out and is canvassing the neighborhood. "We proceed by checking with everybody in the neighborhood and see if anybody saw anything, who might know who the owner of the turtle is," said Lt. Melyssa Jones, who is with the Humane Society. If detectives can find out who taped the turtle to the balloons, they could face charges of animal abuse.

Priceless....Next will be a performance by the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles".

Before you get all butt-hurt and start flaming me....I would never hurt any living thing.

But this Turtle was unhurt....I find PETA's outrage to be hilarious...

10News.com

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They must not have seen the frog......(you know what im talking about lol) first battletoads in space now flying ninja turtles
edit on 8/25/2012 by Immune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with PETA.

Who in their right mind would tape a turtle to a balloon and send him off? If anything, these people are incredibly stupid just for thinking it would be cool or funny to do.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I hope whoever did that to that poor animal is shot and killed.

What a messed up set of morals you've got there, of course its wrong to torture any living thing, I do hope you were being facetious.
edit on 25-8-2012 by Lysergic because: i broke the quote box

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

WOW,,,,, It's a TURTLE. I hate any cruel treatment to animals as much as anyone. Believe me... However.... Shot and Killed? MURDER a human being over a turtle? Let's keep some perspective eh?

Why is the solution to everything lately so often to simply kill a person? That reaction just caught my attention... Yikes!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Wow... Really

Nothing and no one was hurt in this incident and the person that did it deserves to die?

Talk about some seriously skewed values...

Sure the dude that did this was an idiot, and, if caught, will get the trouble he derserves for being an idiot, ut death? Really

Wow.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Isn't it safe to say that he'll descend slowly and not just drop like a rock? I know it's still not right, even if it is a little funny, but a lot of people dispose of living turtles in nastier ways.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Who in their right mind would tape a turtle to a balloon and send him off? If anything, .

Who? The same idiot that would duck tape his child to the wall as a prank.....People who live in trailer parks cause they can't afford messenger pigeons.....Street gangs for the purpose of bouncin that turtle into the gang.....Maybe the turtle has a bucket list?

Or

It was PETA...think about it....false flag PETA attack.....and if the turtle falls his shell will protect him...and if it doesn't he died for the cause.

Dam Evil PETA, I should attack them with my sausage while wearing pig ears and cow bone necklaces.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I really hope you are joking...

Kids do stupid things all the time.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Who in their right mind would tape a turtle to a balloon and send him off? If anything, .

Who? The same idiot that would duck tape his child to the wall as a prank.....People who live in trailer parks cause they can't afford messenger pigeons.....Street gangs for the purpose of bouncin that turtle into the gang.....Maybe the turtle has a bucket list?

Or

It was PETA...think about it....false flag PETA attack.....and if the turtle falls his shell will protect him...and if it doesn't he died for the cause.

Dam Evil PETA, I should attack them with my sausage while wearing pig ears and cow bone necklaces.

False Flag PETA Attack?? Oh... Umm... I've reached a milestone, folks. Now, I really have heard everything.

It's not a funny thread of course and I'm still getting over the idea of killing of a human being for flying a turtle by balloons. I couldn't help but chuckle here though.... (imagines PETA people in a dark smokey room conspiring over opinion polls and demographics to plan 'Operation Turtle Fury'.)

edit on 25-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
human suck

if aliens are here, I'm sure they view us as dangerous viruses, and nothing more

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Um yea killing another human being over an animal is a little much, I love my animals as much as the next person but that was a little much.

On another note this may be an example where PETA might be doing a good thing in offering the $2500.00 reward leading to the prosecution of those invloved, However PETA as an organization are nothing more than social terrorists when it comes to their practices. They are over the top and on more then a few occasions go over board in their fight....They should be disbanded and forgotten..

New PETA meaning

P. eople
E. ating
T. asty
A nimals

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
not so kewl for the turtle
but being that he came back to earth unharmed
it seems kinda funny...

he was like a lawn-chair Cecil
Lawn-Chair Larry

[disclamer] i don't condone cruelty to animals or humans

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Peta wants to kill all pets, zoo animals, and end all forms of domestication. And leave the wild untamed and un interfered with.

These are their core beliefs. not highly touted but its there all the same.

Viewing any harvest of the animal world as unnatural.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
$2500 reward to catch/prosecute whoever taped a turtle to balloons... outrage from the PETA community, some of which say whoever did this should be executed.... REALLY??

How about we apply the energy towards.. I don't know. Stopping mass murder, genocide, torture & oppressive regimes around the world. Helping the sick and starving? This is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I will wager it will land on a post...post turtle.
Reminds me of a politician I know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join