It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS Billboard: 'SEALs Removed One Threat To America, Remove The Other In November'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I don't think the sign is implying anyone should harm the POTUS.
If you infer that from the billboard you don't have two brain cells to rub together.
The sign makes a direct reference to November.
Let us all put on our thinking caps and try to come up with what is so unique about this November?
Could it be an election?

If the sign made no reference to the election than it could be construed as a threat.
As it stands it's not.

I do however think it is in poor taste.
Death should not be a political tool.
It is a serious thing, and in some respects even the death of a terrorist is a terrible thing.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Bin Laden is dead, and I support the death penalty.
I just think death is too serious to be used as a political too.

I don't like it when the Democrats say "Obama killed Bin Laden", and on the same token I don't like when Conservatives use it as a tool to promote their views as well.

Am I happy Bin Laden is dead? Yes.
Do I want President Obama out of office? Yes.
Do I think death, even needed ones should be respected and not politicized? Yes.

Nothing will ever change if everyone is so cavalier with their rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I thought it was "liberal", not "literal". Leave it to ATS to turn a campaign billboard in to a terroristic threat.

Glad I'm from Texas.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I think people keep forgetting our President IS A TERRIBLE THREAT TO AMERICA! I don’t think eliminating him is the right thing to do. America is better than that.

1. Medals of Honor at Wounded Knee
  2. Waging illegal wars and murdering innocents for oil.
  3. False flag ops. Replacing regimes that don't suit the US
  4. 50.000.000 Americans on USDA food stamps
  5. 1.300.000 homeless children

I guess JFK also committed suicide...

Just saying that "America is better", doesn't make it so. America is just as violent as the next terrorist. America is also a threat to itself.
edit on 26-8-2012 by UDHR19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Ahhhhhh really. I hope most of the comments about this sign are fueled by partasisim and not that you are not smart enough to see the infered meaning of voting in November. Really has the left gone that dumb? It amazes me how every time the worst is infered.

I did not put any more weight on it than any other passing comment:

RememberThey also went"there" ( i.e."over the top") When Sarah Palin "targeted" democratic congressman(?)
remember the pictures with the cross hairs on them?"That " cocker spaniel haired" Wasserman- Schultz flipped right out!:

It inspired Gabby Giffords gunman!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sarah should be tried alongside him!!!!!
C'mon really?really?
GTFO of here.

Just Can't Stomach them...

We truly are a people divided.
edit on 26-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhmetsix
I thought it was "liberal", not "literal". Leave it to ATS to turn a campaign billboard in to a terroristic threat.

Glad I'm from Texas.

Where's a good place to move to there? The Peoples republic of Madison is only 3hours away( too close; gives me the "hives")

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Oke seeing you all have soo much hate towards obama you want booted out by seals is very sad
Because under THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION miljons of ppl died , your Patriot act made america more FREE ( keep dreaming ) ofcourse and he basically told the world YOUR WITH THE USA OR YOUR AGAINST THE USA , now hold it sir ,
these are pure Gestappo tactics , these arent choises of free will ,if i dont choose for the USA my small european friendly country will be bombed to # , invaded , just becasue i dont blindly follow a madman.
before the bush administration i always wanted to visit the states , now i will never visit the states , i dont like to be seen as a terrorist just because i am not american.

i am not ranting towards the american public , i am ranting towards your power structure , the USA govenment for decades have been in a position that they could change our world for our benifit , the benifit of all no matter what etnic background or religion , they chose to ignore this position.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

"We are not doing enough for your "benefit"?
Geez, I'm sorry...
We'll get right on that..

(Hey: Immigration standards are dropping like dead flies: come on over get some free stuff!and the right to complain about the u.s.;no extra charge....)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by David134
Ahhhhhh really. I hope most of the comments about this sign are fueled by partasisim and not that you are not smart enough to see the infered meaning of voting in November. Really has the left gone that dumb? It amazes me how every time the worst is infered.

yup read it that way myself remove by voting.

that said doesn't mean some wont read it as a call to violence
bin laden [so we're told
] got double tapped
assosiation with the presidency....

see the thing about these things is that they are like weaponized litmus tests

people in texas and the south see nothing wrong with the that billboard, they use metaphors of killing and shooting someone all the time. to them, there are no connections to what they say and what others may do. they don't think anyone will take them literally, and even if someone does, they take no responsibility for that persons actions. that's just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Typical "blame Bush" rhetoric....and yes Bush was a horrible president....but what does it say of Obama who continued many of those horrible practices?

Yes, remove the "OTHER" in November.

edit on 26-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreazel
Oke seeing you all have soo much hate towards obama you want booted out by seals is very sad
Because under THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION miljons of ppl died , your Patriot act made america more FREE ( keep dreaming ) ofcourse and he basically told the world YOUR WITH THE USA OR YOUR AGAINST THE USA , now hold it sir ,
these are pure Gestappo tactics , these arent choises of free will ,if i dont choose for the USA my small european friendly country will be bombed to # , invaded , just becasue i dont blindly follow a madman.
before the bush administration i always wanted to visit the states , now i will never visit the states , i dont like to be seen as a terrorist just because i am not american.

i am not ranting towards the american public , i am ranting towards your power structure , the USA govenment for decades have been in a position that they could change our world for our benifit , the benifit of all no matter what etnic background or religion , they chose to ignore this position.

it's too bad you feel that way. i live in california, and even i will never go down into our southern states again...it's just a different mindset there. i'm a middle aged white man, so i've heard alot more of what people say in private than in public, during the various times i went down to that region. it's still a very racist segment of our society, they have just done a better job of being discreet about it. because of the 1991 WTC bombings and 9/11, middle eastern people are always viewed with suspicion, and sometimes hatred.
plus...muslim people that buy land, form their own groups in america, do not help themselves when they act like they do in this video:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

It is not only that , an order was signed by bush stated they could rescue any american soldier being held for warcrimes , now the International court resides in The Hague ( netherlands , my home ) in Theory the US gov could send in the SF to liberate there soldiers from a county that has backed them up in Iraq and Afghanistan , we are your allies yet will not hesitate to stab one of your closest allies in the back.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The wreckless politics over illegal immagration is partly to blame why Texas is getting mad and the division is only getting worse with Obamas comments.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I just returned from a trip to Italy, visiting Umbria, Florence, Orvietto and Rome.

One of the things I noticed and really admired about the country was the lack of billboards touting everything under the sun on the highways. They were serene scenes of country side, un spoiled by garbage. If you ask me these bill boards are like gigantic pieces of littler no matter what they say. Shows where American mentality is that we grow accustom to them and accept these scars on our own scenery, these grotesque advertisements blocking out the natural fields, trees and skyline.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In NY I saw a bill board featuring Mitt Romney that said

"If you did what he did, you'd be sitting in jail right now.
Let's work together and make it happen."

I thought it was in very bad taste.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Very true! Wish I could star you again!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
There is no way that implies to kill the President lol wtf...

It signifies in my view to use your voting power to remove him IN NOVEMBER.

Keyword here is November, implies VOTING.

It implies many things and to think it only implies one is unimaginative.

The sign is in poor taste.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If this billboard was anywhere else than Texas I might think "Remove" would refer to voting.

But being from Texas myself and completely aware of the Texan mindset, I think it refers to violence!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by MidnightTide

It is not only that , an order was signed by bush stated they could rescue any american soldier being held for warcrimes , now the International court resides in The Hague ( netherlands , my home ) in Theory the US gov could send in the SF to liberate there soldiers from a county that has backed them up in Iraq and Afghanistan , we are your allies yet will not hesitate to stab one of your closest allies in the back.

Yeah.. Uhm..that was the uh... last president; he did a lot of stuff even hardcore conservatives(moi)were screaming about.( for all the good it did).

As long as we're digging up the past:
Do you feel the same Animosity about 1940 Germany?They not only "offended" you they actually invaded and killed thousands of dutch in the name of the Fuhrer..

Oh yeah; (mad at) the "Brits" also?

On 3 March 1945, the Royal Air Force mistakenly bombed the Bezuidenhout quarter)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me that this billboard is in Texas. I don't think they are Obama fans. Sad. But while I don't agree, I'm one of those annoying liberals who thinks Americans have a right to freedom of speech. Very glad I don't live in Texas. Also glad and proud to be a liberal. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join