It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Be Confident About Your Eternal Future!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
The ELS codes may be a silly game, as not everyone is 100% convinced they are real. I am not, for instance. BTW, the ELS codes use the Hebrew Torah text NOT translations, so you betray your ignorance here.
You mentioned them as "proof". I Googled them. The 1st example used an English translation.

Of course I superimpose God on fossils, on ancient river banks, on everything. God is all in all, and even those who try to weasel out of God's plan are not able to do so.
It's wishful thinking. We get creative with wish fulfillment. We see what we want to see.

God is all in all, and even those who try to weasel out of God's plan are not able to do so.
To me, it seems like you are trying to weasel others into this idea of a god.

So, being a Deadhead is a religion?
I never said it was a religion. I compared it to Tarot cards. In Tarot cards, one sees what one wants to see.

Just like the person with the Bluetooth phone, do not mistake a person in prayer as talking to him/her self. I have had God speak to me (not audibly), and have prayed and have been answered.
From someone with my point of view, this is schizophrenia. You might try Google.

God's words to me were the best words ever spoken to me, and what He said about my life came about in every detail.
We see what we want to see

Not everyone is ear-marked to be saved in this life, but you're better off if you are. It is not too late.
I'm glad that you have a sense of belonging. I'm glad you found a way to deal with mortality. However, to me it's schizophrenia.

What is Das Energi?
It's a book about seeing what you want to see. You might try Google.

Disclaimer: I see what I want to see.
edit on 30-8-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6 " Trust Him, Heaven Is Real "

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

How is this a conversation?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Disclaimer: I see what I want to see.

Are you sure it's not "You don't see what you don't want to see."?

It's so easy to diss/dismiss another as schizophrenic or some other kind of crazy, but note that I have not done that disservice to you. Forbearance on my part, cheap shot on your part.

I don't do Google, I do Bing. Anyway, the www is as full of lies as elsewhere in this vale of deception.

I guess you didn't get beyond your first Google selection of ELS codes. Yes, I have some doubts, healthy ones, especially since the material Drosnin presents in his books seems to present us with "consensus reality," a view of things and events which I know to be untrue [9/11 for instance]. The concept is sound, I mostly don't fully believe (or trust) Drosnin. Sorry, I should have mentioned all that.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by ResearchEverything777

How is this a conversation?

Everyone born...Has a fallen nature...A Bent Toward Self...Lust of Pride...Evil to some degree...

A person must choose God / Creator God gives Grace to the Humble..".We Are Saved By Grace Through Faith"

Start in The Gospel of John and Read / Study...Reflect Upon What is Being Said...At Least 1 Chapter A Day...

Best Wishes~ Heaven is REAL~

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

cheap shot on your part.

It's a diagnosis.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

cheap shot on your part.

It's a diagnosis.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Oh really? And you are qualified to give it?? So, what is YOUR DSM number???

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

cheap shot on your part.

It's a diagnosis.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Oh really? And you are qualified to give it?? So, what is YOUR DSM number???

I majored in psych. I was disappointed to find out it was an insurance racket. I've had luck bringing people out of their funks. It usually happens right after they hit me. I think our main problems stem from not being able to face our past or our desires. We become frightened and ashamed of intense feelings. However, feeling good is intense.

I'm pretty good at diagnosing physical problems with diagnostic software

edit on 31-8-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777

He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Colossians 1:17

Hmmm, would you agree, then, that he's not doing a very good job of it? Seeing as, you know, how all the galaxies are on a runaway collision with the Big Rip? And, well, seeing as the galaxy Andromeda is heading STRAIGHT for us! Not to mention that 99% of all species on earth were rubbed out (and we almost went with it!).

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Colossians 1:17

Hmmm, would you agree, then, that he's not doing a very good job of it? Seeing as, you know, how all the galaxies are on a runaway collision with the Big Rip? And, well, seeing as the galaxy Andromeda is heading STRAIGHT for us! Not to mention that 99% of all species on earth were rubbed out (and we almost went with it!).

We are in the process...of the infected universe...all has to play out...From Genesis 3:1 To Revelation Ch. 21

And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed. 2 Peter 3:7

Then God Will Restore = Perfection.
1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Revelation 21

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I love coming to ATS to get a good belly-laugh.
Thank you for being the lucky one to fulfill that quota for today.

Having said that, do you own a telescope?
If so, have you ever seen the Andromeda galaxy?
If so, have you determined for yourself the direction in which it is hurtling itself towards?

What about the Big Rip?
Have you seen that through your telescope that you may or may not have?
WTH is the Big Rip anyway? Like, a galactical fart or something? Or do you mean the Big Rift?
To my paltry knowledge, the Big Rip would be a theoretical, galactical fart based on phantom energy.
Have you ever seen a fart?

Me neither.
edit on 2-9-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

I love coming to ATS to get a good belly-laugh.
Thank you for being the lucky one to fulfill that quota for today.

Having said that, do you own a telescope?
If so, have you ever seen the Andromeda galaxy?
If so, have you determined for yourself the direction in which it is hurtling itself towards?

What about the Big Rip?
Have you seen that through your telescope that you may or may not have?
WTH is the Big Rip anyway? Like, a galactical fart or something? Or do you mean the Big Rift?
To my paltry knowledge, the Big Rip would be a theoretical, galactical fart based on phantom energy.

Me neither.
edit on 2-9-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

LOL Thanks for returning the favor of the belly-laugh.

From Wiki:

The Big Rip is a cosmological hypothesis first published in 2003, about the ultimate fate of the universe, in which the matter of the universe, from stars and galaxies to atoms and subatomic particles, is progressively torn apart by the expansion of the universe at a certain time in the future.

In case you don't know, we are in the Milky Way galaxy in this clip.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

There are 2 prevailing theories about the end of the universe. The "Big R.I.P." states that the galaxy is hurtling faster and faster towards its ultimate destruction where eventually all the molecules in the galaxy will fly apart or bifurcate and fizzle out of existence as the galaxies spread further out and the dark matter holding it all together fails. The second theory is called the "Big Crunch" where the universe will expand to a certain distance and then collapse back in on itself in a reverse Big Bang and then theoretically re-explode in another act of creation and some scientists believe this has happened before although there is no proof of any of this.

Personally i believe the universe will keep on trucking for eternity, because there's no telling how far this thing expands, it could literally go on forever. We can't see everything from earth, we don't have telescopes big enough to see even halfway across the universe and we only know of a rough estimate of 150 billion galaxies.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by stupid girl

There are 2 prevailing theories about the end of the universe. The "Big R.I.P." states that the galaxy is hurtling faster and faster towards its ultimate destruction where eventually all the molecules in the galaxy will fly apart or bifurcate and fizzle out of existence as the galaxies spread further out and the dark matter holding it all together fails. The second theory is called the "Big Crunch" where the universe will expand to a certain distance and then collapse back in on itself in a reverse Big Bang and then theoretically re-explode in another act of creation and some scientists believe this has happened before although there is no proof of any of this.

Personally i believe the universe will keep on trucking for eternity, because there's no telling how far this thing expands, it could literally go on forever. We can't see everything from earth, we don't have telescopes big enough to see even halfway across the universe and we only know of a rough estimate of 150 billion galaxies.

I'm surprised, lonewolf, that you did not mention the third prevailing theory: a new heaven & a new earth, as mentioned in the Book of Revelation.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I'm surprised, lonewolf, that you did not mention the third prevailing theory: a new heaven & a new earth, as mentioned in the Book of Revelation.

Thats the one where the universe goes on forever without end.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm not sure fictional characters give anyone assurances about anything.

That's a big assumption there..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join