It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is NBC doing a Story on Mormonism Tonight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
After all these years, people still have questions about what religion Obama actually is.

Here ya' go ... everything anyone could possibly need to know about Obama's religion -
ATS Thread - Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church

Thanks for that link. As always though, I am talking about the general public. ATS is by far not the general public in America! And not everybody is on ATS to discover this link.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
reply to post by BritofTexas

Let's back up a step. We were discussing the OP in that context. You think the GOP needs the thread starter here to wind people up into a frenzy to get their base to go out and vote?

Yes. I think the GOP and DNC employ posters on forums such as this.
(Just for fun, click on 'view posts' in a members profile. You'd be amazed how many seem to post 24/7)

And if you think it's only the Republicans that employ those scare tactics, you have not been paying attention. They've got Romney killing people with cancer, killing jobs, killing dogs, beating people up, and before it's over with I'm sure he will have dropped some diphtheria bombs on third world orphanages.

I don't think Democrats need to employ scare tactics, certainly not at the moment.

I haven't seen Romney being accused of being an Illegal, Communist, Muslim, Granny Killer,.....etc. (Or of being on the Mars base.
)

I have however heard of the 'Romney Kitchen Spatula, Kitten Massacre" but I'm not to sure of the validity of that particular claim.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Romney has been accused of committing a felony by someone on Obama's campaign staff and accused of committing murder in a super PAC ad ran by a former Obama White House Administration member.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by beezzer

I find the fact that Obama rolled over Wright with his campaign bus then backed back over him just to be sure very fascinating. Wright was his pastor for 20 plus years and also married Barack and MIchelle and probably baptized his daughters. Obama ran him over when he no longer needed him or felt that Wright would be a detriment to his campaign. He did the same thing to his Chicago doctor whom he saw for 21 years.

Obama is know to leave a rather messy wake in his path of relationships over the years...

Yea I don't think Obama is very religious, these days, but we should still research why that is and what made him who he is today. Why isn't the media doing this with Obama?
edit on 23-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

Time to get your tickets for "2016 Obama's America" This film is out pacing the usual crap that draws in movie goers and will only get better in the weeks to come.
2016themovie.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
This is funny!

The NBC news article is talking about how Romney is avoiding talking about his religion....but the OP is concerned that Obama avoids talking about his religion??

Who cares what religion these fools are?

Maybe we need to clear up this whole mess and elect only atheists. I get so tired of the back and forth over dumb crap like this.

Reminds me of all of the hullaballo with the JFK election and accusations he would be a servant of the Pope and the WHite House would be run from Rome, etc. etc. The guy is a Mormon...a lot of Americans are Mormon. Big woop.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Actually, they said he either lied to the SEC, which is a felony, or he's lying to the American people. The evidence shows one or the other to be the case.

And no one accused Romney of killing the old gal. It was a stinky, misleading ad made by a superPac. I don't think we can blame Obama for that, as Citizens United gave corporations the right to free speech. Talk to the Supreme Court. The GOP really stepped on their own foot with that one.

Do you even remember all that Obama's been falsely accused of???
edit on 8/23/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That is an independent documentary with a limited release. Hardly mainstream hollywood movie or anything of the sort. People can choose to watch that as well. People may not be aware that NBC is doing a special on Mormons tonight and they can easily change the channel and catch it while channel surfing.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I think it is interesting to learn about the religions that shape our political leaders. For a long time, every candidate was a Christian. We all know what that is. Now, that the world has grew up and started to elect and seriously look at other people with other faiths, we should be able to analyze logically what shapes the person we want to rule the country

Seems like you just answered your own original question.

Why ask if you already have the answer?
edit on 23-8-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

NBC News unsuccessfully went back to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to request an interview for this week's prime-time special on the Mormon faith after he began to seem more open to talking about it.

NBC Claimed that they asked Romney for an interview about Mormonism to discover more about the faith that has shaped him. After all these years, people still have questions about what religion Obama actually is. Some say he is a Muslim, some say he is Christian, some say he isn't very religious. Which is it? NBC Why You no cover Obama?

NBC To "Cover" Mormonism in Special

the only people that have questions about Obamas religion are right-wingers that listen to FOX NEWS

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with people not understanding Mormonism. Maybe because there are many Christians that do not believe it is a Christian religion and is a cult. The same way they do with Jehovah Witnesses, Scientology and Catholicism. It shouldn't really matter what the man's religion is but people should understand some of the basic tenets and history behind those beliefs.

As to Obama's belief he says he is Christian, that should have been enough to end that debate altogether. Just because his father was Muslim doesn't make him one any more than my Grandma taking us to her evangelical church makes me evangelical, at the age of 13 I chose to be Catholic and made my confirmation of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
I haven't seen Romney being accused of being an Illegal, Communist, Muslim, Granny Killer,.....etc. (Or of being on the Mars base.
)

Granny Killer - Liberal TV Commercial .. Romney pushing Granny off a cliff
Felony - Liberals accuse Romney of Felony
Murder - Liberals accuse Romney of Murdering a Man's Wife
[/url=http://www.conservativerefocus.com/blog5.php/2012/06/12/those-ugly-liberals-the-view-s-joy-behar-mocks-mormonism-yearns-for-romney-s-house-to-bu rn-down] Liberal Left Mocks Romney's Religion [/url]
Liberal Goods Claiming Romney will Push His Religious Beliefs on Others as POTUS
edit on 8/23/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
maybe they should do a segment on this,

“Jummah at the DNC”

Starting at the end of this month the Democratic National Convention will open with a focus on Islam. 20,000 Muslims are expected to attend according to the Bureau of Indigenous Muslim Affairs (BIMA), the national Muslim American non-profit coordinating the two days of events they claim are non-political. ”Jumah at the DNC” begins August 29 and will start with a Friday afternoon jummah prayer followed by other unnamed programs and events, leading up to the Islamic Regal Banquet. The following day will be an all day Islamic Cultural and Fun Fest which will include discussions on the topics of Islamaphobia, Anti-Shariah, Middle Eastern Crisis, Patriot Act, National Defense Authorization Act and more. The purpose, according to BIMA, is to attract national and international attention to the plight of American Muslims and to hold political parties accountable for issues that affect them. However, not all Muslims feel that BIMA represents them and M. Zuhdi Jasser M.D., Founder and President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, has expressed serious concerns.

youtu.be...

Don't the atheist find this offensive?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

This is funny!

The NBC news article is talking about how Romney is avoiding talking about his religion....but the OP is concerned that Obama avoids talking about his religion??

Maybe we need to clear up this whole mess and elect only atheists. I get so tired of the back and forth over dumb crap like this.

Reminds me of all of the hullaballo with the JFK election and accusations he would be a servant of the Pope and the WHite House would be run from Rome, etc. etc. The guy is a Mormon...a lot of Americans are Mormon. Big woop.

Anything is better than talking about the economy.

BTW, Jobless claims rose again !

372,000 !

Quick! Change the subject. - Mormonism -

Too late. We are all watching Fox News instead.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The purpose, according to BIMA, is to attract national and international attention to the plight of American Muslims and to hold political parties accountable for issues that affect them. However, not all Muslims feel that BIMA represents them and M. Zuhdi Jasser M.D., Founder and President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, has expressed serious concerns.

I have no problem with this. I also have no problem with a Catholic and a Mormon conducting the "official" prayers at the GOP convention.

I'd like to see the GOP have the balls to invite an Islamic group to the convention and allow them to express concerns.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by NavyDoc

This is funny!

Anything is better than talking about the economy.

BTW, Jobless claims rose again !

372,000 !

Mormonism is the topic of the thread. Is it not?

By the way, stay away from Fox News. The Surgeon General warns that it may cause brain deterioration and spontaneous drooling.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

NBC is in the tank for Obama. NBC will talk about everything except the economy.

The American people don't want to hear this garbage from NBC.

They are switching channels. Comcast is losing money with NBC and they

cut Jay Lenos salary and laid off some of his employees.

----------
They are watching Fox News instead. Ratings are off the chart.

Ed Schultz is talking to himself.

CNN is gone. Look at the numbers.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

LOL!

Quick, change the subject -NBC-

What happened to Mormonism?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

LOL.
edit on 23-8-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Not entirely. The topic is NBC's fascination with Mormonism and how they have blinders on when anybody asks a question about what shaped Obama's philosophy!

This thread is proof of what the NBC types look like when you ask a question about Obama's religion or past for that matter.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

The purpose, according to BIMA, is to attract national and international attention to the plight of American Muslims and to hold political parties accountable for issues that affect them. However, not all Muslims feel that BIMA represents them and M. Zuhdi Jasser M.D., Founder and President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, has expressed serious concerns.

I have no problem with this. I also have no problem with a Catholic and a Mormon conducting the "official" prayers at the GOP convention.

I'd like to see the GOP have the balls to invite an Islamic group to the convention and allow them to express concerns.

Inshallah.

Although identity politics tends to be more the thing of the other side of the aisle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join