It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ultra-high definition TV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

I thought this was pretty neat,

UHDTV, or Ultra High Definition Television, allows for programming and broadcasts at resolutions of up to 7680 by 4320, along with frame refresh rates of up to 120Hz, double that of most current HDTV broadcasts. The format also calls for a broader palette of colors that can be displayed on screen.

Source

They say it has 16 times the resolution of a regular old HDTV (haha)
I can just imagine how amazing video games are gonna look on it.
I think it would be something like this...1080p*16=17280p equivalent....

I can't wait to get mine..but gonna have to wait. Not gonna hit the consumer market until 2020...

They are working out some logistical problems still.. like how to send it out...

Oh and this from the same article...

Yesterday, LG announced it will soon begin sales of an 84-inch TV capable of showing 4k for about US$22,000, though the company admitted there is still little content available at that resolution. During the summer Olympics, NHK together with British broadcaster BBC showed parts of the event using the 8k format.

22k for a TV... try to sneak that one past your wife haha

Forgetting about any upgrades, You (and everyone else) should
Smash your current tv to smithereens.

Otherwise it will be the death of you.

XL5

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have a 28" SD tube TV. With a PS3, the text in game is so small that you need to really squint and rely on the shape of the text to read it. When I tried it with a 32" 720p TV, the text was normal. So I am thinking all the people with 1080p TVs are going to have the tiny text if the PS4 goes for ultra HD.

Maybe thats the plan, to make money on the older stuff when UHD comes out and the rest of us can afford 1080p's and 40$ PS3 games (new).

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Nextbox may be coming out soon Like 16 months, but 360 is so far behind Sony and Nintendo in sales and great first party exclusives. I mean I know that a high end PC is going to eventually get 360 Microsoft games. So other than Xbox Live (which Nintendo with Wii U is going to go up against because they learned from Microsoft) what would I want an Xbox720 for when I could have a PS4 with really great 1st party games and Nintendo with really awesome 1st party games. I know Wii U is putting out 1080p in gameplay already (xbox360 does not as I explained in an earlier post nor do most PS3 games) And sure 720 might Put out Super HD , but I sure as heck am not spending $4000 on a new Super HD TV plus the cost of a 720. Just to play Halo 5. I am sure I will get a super HD TV but that will be years from now ...1080p 240HZ LED is freaking great for me right now...It looks better than my PC display...I guess due to the 240HZ which I never even knew made a difference. Also you brought up the fact 720 might have a DVR and etc...well I have something to say about that...Why don't Game Consoles just be that anymore...I have a freaking Smart TV, Smart Blu-Ray Player, and PS3 which has smart features and Blu-Ray....I don't need them to do anything other than Play my damn games...save the money putting features I already have and put it into a faster GPU or something...LOL I'm kinda kidding, but not really.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
Old news. The PS4 will be out soon to accommodate these.

I don't think PS4 will be out till 2014...so It won't be that soon.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

I worked in a high-end electronics store in the late 90's. We were selling 42" non-hd plasma screens for the bargain price of $14,999. These were straight up monitors meaning the tuners were sold separately in another box and had no sound system on board. With tax and accessories our customers were spending more on a tv than the price of a new Honda Civic at that time.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

2k for a TV... try to sneak that one past your wife haha

Once its on the market, give it about 5 years and the price will probably come down just like when the flat screens made their debut.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Yes and my post still stands for what I originally said, HD TV in 1991 and UHDTV (Ultra High Definition TV) in about 2003)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join