It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does A Place Where Time Does Not Exist, Exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital

Originally posted by Hefficide

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound? No, because sound is merely a waveform until it vibrates an object capable of translating the wave into something else.

I've heard this saying being banded about many times in the past but it's the first time I've seen the reasoning behind it explained, so thanks!!!

hes wrong though,,, it does make a sound,.,.,..,

if someone was there with vibrating waveform detectors,,, they would hear the sound,..,,.
if someone was not there,,, we can assume if they were they would hear the sound.,,.,.
we can assume the sound is hearable ( the fallen tree makes a sound) even if nobody is there to hear it,.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Since I don't fully understand the nature of time and space all I can say is, "I don't know".

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
God resides there and you need to be saved to enter there

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

is he the final boss? do you know if there is a save sphere before you enter there?
edit on 27-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

If you want to call it sound or not is a matter of opinion I suppose, but it does cause a reaction. Everything is connected via the force of gravity so when a tree falls, even if nothing is around to record or hear it, everything with mass effected by it, that is the entire universe.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCadet69

But time does exist...because we do and thought it should be so...however...everything...is merely existing until it ceases to exist.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Does A Place Where Time Does Not Exist, Exist?,

No.

If there was not time then there would be no space either. No space means it is not a "Place". You cannot have space without time or time without space. The two are a part of each other.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

is he the final boss? do you know if there is a save sphere before you enter there?
edit on 27-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

Ok boss you are the boss, Lol.
Yes God is the overall incharge.
Save space or IIell space, may exist, but I rather not elaborate more

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have always believed that if the universe is expanding and we are drifting further from the sun then time would have to be slowing down.
It could explain a lot of things as far as geology goes.
There is a professor that had a calculation that proved that the time lines of evolution and creationism could be reflecting a time dilation.
I can't remember who he is but i'm looking.
I think it is a matter of perception and if one could view things from the center then time would not be relative.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
anyone who talks of time in this thread, should include the definition of time they are using..

edit on 29-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
yes.

its on the other side of the surface we call reality.

if you find a way to pull that surface back, you will see the place you are asking about.

it doesn't matter where you pull the surface...you'll always see the same thing.

edit on 29-8-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

it doesn't matter where you pull the surface...you'll always see the same thing.

no not in my opinion. However once there human mind will not be able to cope up.
Much like what happens to the russian lady kgb agent, In the indiana jones movie on crystal skulls

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The present moment is timeless.

Time is a measurement. Timelessness is more fundamental. It's singular.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
The present moment is timeless.

Time is a measurement. Timelessness is more fundamental. It's singular.

would you say the present moment is composed of time?

or time composes the present moment,, and all moments?

the eternality of all time,, can be broken up into measurements,, which we call time?

would you agree that the distance of 100 yards is longer then the distance of 10 yards?

would you agree that an average red wood tree has a greater distance of existence of time then the average squirrel?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

no not in my opinion. However once there human mind will not be able to cope up.
Much like what happens to the russian lady kgb agent, In the indiana jones movie on crystal skulls

you just have to take a deep breath...the woman in that movie was weak, in addition to being immoral and power hungry.

she was done a favor by what happened to her.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yuck bo. The lady wanted to know more and she couldnt handle
infinite consiousness and knowledge as will be the case when
a time interval is stretched to infinity and all things happen simultaneously
and you see past present and future at the same time
The lady just disintegrated and was cosumed by this timeless dimension.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
would you say the present moment is composed of time?

or time composes the present moment,, and all moments?

Both. I think of the present moment as simultaneously a 0-point and ∞-point. Inside out 0 and you have ∞, two sides of the same thing (think radial dimension). Time encompasses the 0-point. The other side of 0, ∞, encompasses all of time.

the eternality of all time,, can be broken up into measurements,, which we call time?

Yes, but to clarify I would say that time is when we experience a transition from one moment to another.

would you agree that the distance of 100 yards is longer then the distance of 10 yards?

Yes, relativistically.

would you agree that an average red wood tree has a greater distance of existence of time then the average squirrel?

Relativistic distance through time, yes. Though a squirrel may gain information faster and therefore exist in more detail (or farther along) on the information timeline.

Fun questions... I had to take my time with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join