It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious truck crash, another look

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This was posted in the earlier part of the year, and I have watched the video at least 50 times. Ats'ers gave their theories, but many explanations do not make sense. Someone had stated that they thought that the truck in the video that seems to appear out of nowhere broke through the tunnel wall and was hit by the oncoming truck. This does not make sense to me, because the video shows a head on collision. No truck that large has a turning ratio that tight anywhere. The truck that just seemingly appears out of thin air is at least 25 feet long, and if it broke through the wall at the other oncoming truck, the bed of the truck would still be between the walls of the tunnel it broke through. The collision would have been broadside, and could not have spun the mystery truck face forward after colliding with the oncoming truck. Others stated that it looked like wall debris was strewn about around the point of collision. The video I have below shows it in slow motion, and if there is wall debris, it is very minimal from what the camera shows. Having had been a truck driver at one point myself, this video is very anomalous and makes no sense. I am posting this in the gray area due to it's mysterious, and to me, strange nature. I am wondering if anyone on ATS has a solid explanation for this crash.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The simple explanation it is a glitch in the matrix.. The boring explanation on the other hand is that it crashed through the wall.. Look closely this has been debunked before.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Was it debunked on ATS?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow that is just a crazy clip, I have only watched it once and my first instinct was that there appeared to me to be like a garage door of some sort on the right hand side, but then I thought what the heck would a door be doing in a tunnel??

Honestly I have no Idea, very mysterious as to where this truck came from. Gonna be interesting reading peoples thoughts.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I got this one...

The truck you see in the video was in the process of merging from the second lane into the right lane. (You can see this in the beginning as its front wheels are just crossing the white line). The truck did not see the other truck closest to the wall in the blind spot and perspective in the video causes it to not be able to be seen by the camera till the collision turns the truck.

Really cool video, but no mystery here.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

I got this one...

The truck you see in the video was in the process of merging from the second lane into the right lane. (You can see this in the beginning as its front wheels are just crossing the white line). The truck did not see the other truck closest to the wall in the blind spot and perspective in the video causes it to not be able to be seen by the camera till the collision turns the truck.

And there you have it op.. I could not have explained it better.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

But the wall area with where the oncoming truck collides with it is clearly visible, and there is no truck ahead of him visible in that lane...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

It was debunked but that video still mind bleeps me pretty hard. Actually glad you posted it again. It looks like it just plops out of nowhere. Really a cool video. Ugh now I can't remember what actually happened.

Oh yeah, dude got it. ^

Just because you didn't post it first doesn't mean it's not a good find!
edit on 22-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Correct. No truck was ever ahead of him - it was in his blind spot and obscurred from view of the camera by the box of the van. As it was forced into the wall by the merge, it caught the wall causing a spin that cross clipped the front of the visible truck.

(I used to do accident reconstruction).

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

That seems plausible, but when he crosses over, there is a space of only a few feet between him and the wall... no place for a truck that size to be in that space... Idk, this video makes my head spin.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
On the wall to the right there is a black and yellow caution strips. Just before that there is what looks like a corrugated steel barrier at the ground to about 4 feet up. This blocks what used to be a road/path/closet, whatever you call it it isn't meant for use at this time. Now if you watch the video and keep you eyes glued to the very top of the 'closet' you can see what appears to be the very top of the "invisible" box truck come into view at the very same time you see the box truck on the road begin to swerve.

So it isn't an angle, there weren't two trucks traveling the same path. It was human error on the part of the driver backing down that side path.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

That seems plausible, but when he crosses over, there is a space of only a few feet between him and the wall... no place for a truck that size to be in that space... Idk, this video makes my head spin.

Why does the car on inside lane hit brakes BEFORE collision,the angle hes at he wont see anything till its to late.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

That's a good answer. But if it were backing into the tunnel, how would it get spun around to the point that both trucks make front end impact?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by edged1

He was reacting to the slow down in the tunnel.

It is a pretty wild video though, took me a minute and I have seen THOUSANDS of these.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Originally posted by EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies

I got this one...

And there you have it op.. I could not have explained it better.

So first you say it was debunked before and obviously crashed through the wall... Then you go with another guys story saying that he's correct... Which theory are you going with?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

This

The truck had to have come out of the wall there. After the collision, the magic truck is on its side blocking 2 lanes of traffic. If the first truck merged into the same lane as a second truck, there is no way for the second truck to do a 180 degree spin, making it appear to be a head on collision, without the camera catching it of course. And if the first truck cut off the magic truck how would it ever end up in front of it

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

After about 50 plus times watching this video, i'm not sure if the oncoming driver swerves at all, impact to the front corners of each of the trucks bumpers would cause the same lurching reaction... just a strange, strange video.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by edged1

I press the brakes frequently in a crowded 3 lane tunnel near a semi. I noticed the brake lights also but it seems to me that cars in front of the collision were braking too.
edit on 8/22/12 by Vicker because: added

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

After about 50 plus times watching this video, i'm not sure if the oncoming driver swerves at all, impact to the front corners of each of the trucks bumpers would cause the same lurching reaction... just a strange, strange video.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

Agreed and starred.

Thanks for posting it, it was really interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
At first, I thought it looked exactly like the "Spawn Vehicle" cheats form the Grand Theft Auto series. Just *POOF* and it was there. I was truly weirded out by it the first three times I watched it, but at one point you do, indeed, see it come through the wall.

You see, from what I can tell, there's a very large piece of what looks like some sort of corrugated sheet metal on the bottom half of the wall. Originally, I thought "There's no way it came out of the wall, because that sheet metal is still there.", but then I realized that it appears to have moved some. Simply put, the truck came through the wall, caused the sheet metal to flap like a screen door in the wind, and by the time the dust settles, the metal has rested again back near its original position. That's just what I think. But I'm -by the standards of society- an uneducated hillbilly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join