It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Cats: They're Good For Us!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I've never understood you cat people.

Dogs and Parrots Rule !
Horses are the next best thing.
Goats and chickens are very entertaining.
but I've never quite got the feline thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Well, I'm glad you posted that first, we had a neighbour whose little girl around 4 had to have her eye removed because of cat feaces and they didn't even own a cat.

I'm pretty much in a minority here I have a particular dislike for cats as they on 2 seperate occassions tor my daughters rabbits to pieces. I am more pissed off with many (not all ) cat owners as they seem to have a mental shut down when you try to explain to them that when their cat is in non cat owners property they are then classed as vermin the same as cockroaches and rats.

Don't get me wrong, many cats are cute and cuddly and I'm sure to some they are a best friend who they love dearly, but if you love someone dearly you wouldn't let them come in my house and steal food spread germs and then take a crap and a piss on the way out would you ??

Why do dogs lick their genitals ?

Because they can

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
there is an old irish proverb: "never trust a man who doesn't like cats."

hmmmm....

good thing i love my fat mean tabby.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm fairly confident in saying that cats are people. Just like dogs. They have been around humans for so long that they have attuned themselves to us, emotionally.

I cannot count the amount of times both dogs and cats have come to people they know, or even strangers that are in physical or emotional pain, to be by them to provide a feeling of not being alone, which can be the greatest comfort the universe has to offer.

I have read many accounts of so-called astral projectors commenting about how their cats immediately start meowing or walking all over them as they begin to project. Something to consider, along with the whole Egyptian thing.

I don't think quantity of cats is the point, I think it's about the bond you can attain with the feline. I personally projected a lot of love and belief (believing in him and his ability to help and be a good cat dude) over the last year (he is still a kitten). Needless to say, he is very aware, and super friendly to the point where you walk in and sit down, he'll immediately be on your belly, laying down, sniffing your face, possibly licking your face.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n

Oh you must of missed the first paragraph...

Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic disease caused by the protozoan Toxoplasma gondii.[1] The parasite infects most genera of warm-blooded animals, including humans, but the primary host is the felid (cat) family. The parasite spreads by the ingestion of infected meat or the feces of an infected cat, or by vertical transmission from mother to fetus. A 2001 study found that direct contact with pet cats is probably a less common route of transmission to human hosts than contamination of hands with cat feces by touching the earth, and that "contact with infected raw meat is probably a more important cause of human infection in many countries".[2]

so its mother or mother's mother or mother's mother's mother... etc could have contracted it.... just saying... I know how you cat lovers can get all sensitive....BECAUSE OF THE PARASITE!!!!

MuHAHAhahahAHHAHah......

Yes, "gift from the gods".
Cat decided it liked triangles, so the Egyptians decided to build the pyramids.

I love my cat, but damn it tuna is expensive, especially when she demands me to align the cans with orion's belt.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Great thread, I love my guys even though they can be furry bastards at times. Edit to add they're not fighting in my avatar, they're sparing. My orange one taught my other one how to fight like a cat.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Buffy is the Queen of the castle here!

I love my kitty. She is so sweet and affectionate. She has different vocal tones for different things. I know when she wants something, when she is hungry, when she wants to be sweet and so on. I have had her since March and I am very happy with her. She is great company and very comical at times.

Buffy the Mouse Slayer gets whatever her little kitty heart desires.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

My three cats,my babies,are kept indoors.They have spent
their lives inside my house.They are all fixed,up to date on
all of their shots and drink only reverse osmosis water.I keep
their litter pans sifted and they eat out of little glass monkey
bowls*.

*monkey bowls,restaurant slang for little dessert-size bowls.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good thread, Smylee. Everybody who knows my husband and myself look at us as the "crazy cat people". We currently have 9 rescues, and every one has a different and wonderful personality. Some were abused, some are sick, some were abandoned and nearly died as kittens. My oldest one is a huge tabby Manx that I helped birth, so he views me as his mama. He will forgo food in order to have me pet him, and he sees my husband as competition.

We have an ideal environment for our rescues...half a mile from the nearest road, nearest neighbor is a mile away, and there are no other cats invading their territory. They roam for acres in every direction, killing all the vermin and the larger insects and arachnids.

What people don't understand is, we're empty nesters now, and these cats, thrown away by society, make us happy. They have an ethereal vibe about them, and the ones who died let me know they were going to pass a few months before it happens, by following me around, yowling, demanding attention, and acting as if to say, "thank you for the home, the food, the care, and the love".

People who don't like cats are ones who tend to complain because the cats poop and pee in their yard, or because the cats aren't automatically loving and obedient like a dog. If a cat loves you, it's because he wants to, and goes against his nature to do so.

Cat love is special, you have to earn it!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Here is my cat with one of her friends. Her name is Marble.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I have 2 cats a boy and a girl. Shes the effectionate one, my tomcat is a tempermental turd. I had to get him declawed on all his feet because he'd tear you up if you tried to pick him up. I got him from a shelter after the ASPC liberated him from a home where someone broke his tail. I'd say he's closer to me than my wife although sometimes he wants her attention. He'll only let you pet him on his head, he's ticklish and he'll play bite you if you get his tickle spots, not enough to break the skin but enough to get your attention.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There is nothing like a beautiful sweet cat to share your life with. They ask for so little and give so much in return. I can't tell you how many I have rescued over the years. So many amazing little personalites and sooo much love.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What about cats who bring in regimes that cause cancers?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

What a ridiculous thread (which you are still entitled to create)
if im around a cat for 15 min I go anaphylactic.
Screw cats. They belong in the wild away from people.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Alternatively, you could live in a bubble away from cats and play trivial pursuit all day...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

She's beautiful! What a neat mix of colors!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

What a ridiculous thread (which you are still entitled to create)
if im around a cat for 15 min I go anaphylactic.
Screw cats. They belong in the wild away from people.

Sorry to hear you are allergic.

The thread is not ridiculous. You don't have to read it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yea...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

Dogs, too...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Speaking on hebehalf of my brood, Maynard J, Lil' Fat Boy, Sampson, (That's the boys) and Minnie Kitty, Itty Bitty Kitty & Gracie ( their the bitches), They could'nt agree more. I have six cats and six entirely different mindsets. But they all love me & I them. Friends for life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join