It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 x UFO's Over South Wales 21-8-12 Watched Them Shoot Into Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I live in a rural area on a farm, with very few houses around and no light noise to speak of, we are close to aircraft flight paths and I work from home and watch the traffic from my office glass doors daily, I know a plane or helicopter when i see one and I'm ex Army so know flares etc.. just to get this in early, I also know lanterns as have used many at parties etc..

Anyway last night around 10.30 I Let the dogs out into our back yard before going to bed as normal, for 1st time for a while the skies were fairly clear and I could see the stars easily, I then noticed that there was 2 orange light beams hitting my wife's black car, I walked over to see where they were coming from and then looked up, very high up right above my house, there was a very bright orange craft, the orange colour lasted a couple of seconds and was then replaced by a very bright white flash, it continued changing colour while I watched, the object was moving quite fast towards the west.

As I'm watching the first object another object very similar caught my eye, directly behind the 1st object, but I continued mainly watching the 1st object, this sped up and moved off into space very fast until I could no longer see it, I then watched the second object It moved at the same speed and followed the same flight path and it to went up into space until gone.

Now you will see from previous posts I have seen ufo's before, they landed near my old home, I am very surprised that I keep seeing these things and that more people are not coming forward as they must be very common, I notice the head of Air traffic Control in the UK came out last week saying they are detecting ufo's at least once a month.

No pics sorry as this happened to quick and by the time I realised they were not normal objects the sighting ended, did anyone else see this? I live in Bridgend, South Wales post code CF35 6EG

edit on 22-8-2012 by bsalert because: added text

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
hiya.. i'm in cardiff (loads of light pollution so i'm very jealous of you already), but used to live in mid west wales in deepest darkest and saw plenty of ufos from there... it wasn't that frequent back then, .. these days, even with severe light pollution, i see ufo's virtually every time i go out to look for them. i didn't see the ones you're describing last night, but i saw 6 others in the space of half an hour... they're hotting up.. i'd love to know why!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
postcode ??

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

post code is same as zip code if this is what you are asking or if you are asking why I gave my post code it is so op's can view the location where I saw these objects from.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
postcode ??

Whats your boggle dear boy?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi there
I know that the international space station was visible at the time you stated last nite, very bright and moving very fast. I don't know if that's any good to you but could be a possibility.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
No pics sorry as this happened to quick and by the time I realised they were not normal objects the sighting ended, did anyone else see this? I live in Bridgend, South Wales post code CF35 6EG

Don't worry, I'd say in some cases its better to give a personal discription of your experience. I'd just say keep a good camera and a stabilizer handy for next time, you clearly get more opportunities than the rest of us to catch them, and who knows - Maybe you'll be the guy to catch the next best footage

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
postcode ??

Ok but before he does that, he needs youre childrens school address, your mothers maiden name, a signed copy of your birth citificate and a copy of your passport....

Go away

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Anyway last night around 10.30 I Let the dogs out into our back yard before going to bed as normal

You say around 10.30 , could it have been earlier like just after 10.00? , there was an ISS sighting opportunity at 10.03 coming in from the west .

I then noticed that there was 2 orange light beams hitting my wife's black car

Did you see a source for these beams , were they coming from the object , could you see a beam from the object ?

but I continued mainly watching the 1st object, this sped up and moved off into space

Just one more question , are you familiar with how satellites look as they traverse the night sky , the way they appear to disappear mid flight , if so are you sure this isn't what you saw .

Thanks

edit on 22-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hi Gortex

thank you for your interest

After seeing the orange reflections on the car I looked up but there were no light beams,coming from the objects, it was the reflection of the bright lights on the craft themselves creating the reflection onto my wife's car, having said that, when looking at the car it was strange how there were 2 distinct spots on the car, not like a normal reflection though not sure sure why, yes very familiar with sat's and how they move, this was not like that, these 2 objects moved at very fast speed much faster than a sat.

They had rotating flashing lights - changing colours from orange to white and quite bright when they changed sort of like a flash occured when they changed. the time was 10.30pm as looked at kitchen clock when I went back in to tell my wife what I saw.

This was 2 distinct objects not the iss, + the iss would have carried on moving across the sky, these objects few at a slight angle up into space until gone, and the second object did exactly the same as the first as explained I had a clear sky to view these. hope this helps

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Hi there, an interesting account and similar to something I saw some time ago, also in S.Wales.

Sunday 15th April, This is what I wrote in my small diary on that evening.

"18 past 10 p.m. Red & White flashing plus 2 other solid white lights. "

Looking back I remember seeing the red and white lights first, and assumed it was an aircraft flying towards me, well to my left, although thinking about it should I have not seen a green light?

Anyway, in front and to one side there were 2 separate solid white lights, which were either further away or travelling slower, but on a very similar course, which ended up behind the red and white lights. They then changed course and I assume dropped down behind some hills.

The whole incident lasted maybe 2 or 3 minutes. Time enough for me to try viewing through a pair of low power binoculars, which seemed to confirm a plane, but only showed the lights as lights.

No photos and since then I have never seen a plane in the sky at that time, although there have not been many clear nights. Even the 15th had some clouds and I think the red/white lights went behind some.

At the time I was a bit puzzled, enough to think about it and write in my diary, but not enough to think more of it. The planes course was one that is used by other planes and I suspect I just thought it was a shadowing exercise by a couple of helicopters.

I do not think the plane was flying very high, not the normal height 20,000 feet sort. But Cardiff airport is not that far away, so a plane taking off sort of height, or do turbo props fly lower than jets? I think I must have heard an engine type noise, and the slowness of its passage seemed to indicate a turbo prop rather than a jet engine.

Sorry to give so much info about what must have been a plane and so little of the 2 white lights, they looked to be a similar size to the planes lights, and where moving in a loose formation, changing direction abruptly, but only as a helicopter can change direction.

No idea if this has any connection, except for the mention of 2, as I did not see any orange lights and the location, although I am to the east slightly.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well I'll be keeping an eye out next weekend as I am off to Brecon beacons going equipped with some night vision too let's hope I see something

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Couple of nights ago I saw what looked like a fairly low level plane heading Eastward across Scotland. I pretty much live in the vicinity of two international airports, so its not uncommon.

However, even from a distance of over 20 miles I can easily see the red and blue lights on most aircraft, even when at high altitude. This had no red, blue or green pulsing lights at all and was moving at considerable speed. All I could discern was what seemed to be two very bright and large orange lights moving at low altitude, at speed and then after maybe 20 seconds accelerated faster gaining height until I lost it in cloud cover.

The only time I have seen non commercial planes do this sort of flying has been fighter planes on exercise, though there is always at least two and make a hell of a noise, even at distance, this made no noise and was not broadcasting on any aviation tracking site im aware off. Though I doubt military craft would ever broadcast that, naval ships do though, odd. Also two see Air Force jets here is rare, there is no reason for them too fly near my area, theres no air bases.

Anyway this was 3 nights ago at around 22:00

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Did you see an air-glow around the objects in your humid August Wales nights or did the light appear constrained to a physical object?

Best regards,
Z

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Well I'll be keeping an eye out next weekend as I am off to Brecon beacons going equipped with some night vision too let's hope I see something

jealous! if it's a clear night i'd be amazed if you didn't see anything. looking forward to the thread already!

top topics

join