It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screwed by Ebay / PayPal for a 2nd time in 3 months !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by tauristercus

While you may not like it, what Ebay did is not illegal, and is actually normal business practice.

Accounts, for the most part, can be viewed as "household" or "individual".

Good points that you raised but respectfully I must disagree.

When my wife joined up with eBay, as part of the signup process, she was FORCED to create an associated PayPal account.
In creating the PayPal account, she uniquely identified herself by supplying VISA debit card & account details giving her ACTUAL name and account details. This alone should have been more than enough to convince eBay / PayPal that she was NOT just a previously suspended account holder trying to get around the suspension by creating a 2nd bogus eBay / PayPal account but in fact a legitimate and NEW customer.

But obviously eBay couldn't care less about such "logic" and would much rather come down on her in their heavy-handed standover tactics.

As far as I'm concerned, their actions should be classified as nothing short of "illegal". She supplied perfectly legitimate ID that uniquely identified her as never having an eBay / PayPal account before but this was completely ignored by them.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yes, something sinister is going on at Ebay. My wife and I have bought several things through Ebay without a problem, in the past. But a recent attempt to purchase an item was stymied. The only way to pay for anything now is paypal. I didn't have an account, so signed up for one. I was summarily turned down for a paypal account, no reason given. I have never had an account there before.
Ebay better straighten up, or they are going down. I have heard a few other complain about paypal too.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

When you married, there became legal ties between you and your wife. Financially, you are viewed as a single entity. from a legal perspective. So nothing that was done is illegal.

That doesn't mean that ebay is a site i use.
I don't.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ebay did the same with mine, albeit only a temporary suspension purely because my fella used my PC with his Ebay business details to pay for a dress (I already had an account for years) just before his business went tits up. He wasn't even living with me then, just used Ebay once here for one transaction. It's all sorted now though, however I have changed internet providers since then, but only to cut down on bills in general. And no we aren't married, but they still played the same game.

However if you or your partner has either had an Ebay business or just sold stuff for considerable amounts paypal/ebay are supposed to now keep a watchful eye on incomings/outgoings in case folks are avoiding the taxman.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
OP is so pissed at ebay/paypal he makes two threads. Then decides its a good idea for wifey to open accounts (most likely trying to skirt his own ban) wife is ban hammered and OP feigns surprise.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ha ha, "Dont mess with Mother Nature"
or anybodies T&C

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
dang that sucks....
I have used ebay and paypal since the begining of their inception. I have never had one single issue. I have a very very active PayPal account....PayPal credit card and my family uses it to send money back and forth (cheaper than a wire, faster than a check).....Ive never had to answer any of those questions and never gave anymore more than my checking info because I have it all linked together. Again, never one single issue in well over 10 years....

Is there something left out? I just find all of this very strange....

I hope you get it sorted out...soon!

I personally love PayPal....it has served many purposes well.
edit on August 22nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yeah, you can get in trouble with the banking industry these days. I ordered something off e-bay a few months ago, which cost me $30.00. What happened was, my primary bank account with money in it rejected the claim from PayPal, so PayPal hit up and withdrew money from my second bank account... which only had $10.00 or so in it...

This resulted in the bank account declining the transfer and charging me a $20.00 fee, but the interesting thing was, PayPal kept on trying to get the money multiple times, resulting in multiple $20.00 fees...

Which meant I eventually had to pay $200 to clear everything up. And this resulted in restrictions placed on my PayPal and bank accounts, which I've been able to lift.

Anyway, it was partially my fault for not noticing earlier, so I'm just really careful now. A simple mistake could land you in a lot of debt you can't repay and end up locking down your finances so you can't operate...

Just know that and be careful.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i use paypal and ebay pretty frequently and never had a issue, i don't even have a bank account linked to it. I have only sold one item tho, mostly buy, and i had to wait a predetermined amount of days before i had access to the funds, wasn't a major inconvenience. hope you get it all figured out, and if you have such a distaste for the two companies why continue to make a active account? be it yours or your wifes, i would just wash my hands of the whole situation. screw me once shame on you screw me twice shame on me. good luck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join