It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning 911 on Facebook Can Get You Sectioned…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It has felt like 1984 for awhile now.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
If anyone were to be arrested its because they are presumed to have broken the law. Except in this case where they are detaining him without charges.
edit on 21-8-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

He was detained without charges? I guess thats where either of the patriot or victory acts come into play.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Originally posted by circuitsports
If anyone were to be arrested its because they are presumed to have broken the law. Except in this case where they are detaining him without charges.
edit on 21-8-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

He was detained without charges? I guess thats where either of the patriot or victory acts come into play.

37.2-808. Emergency custody; issuance and execution of order.

A. Any magistrate may issue, upon the sworn petition of any responsible person or upon his own motion, an emergency custody order when he has probable cause to believe that any person within his judicial district (i)has mental illness, (ii) presents an imminent danger to himself or others as a result of mental illness or is so seriously mentally ill as to be substantially unable to care for himself, (iii) is in need of hospitalization or treatment, and (iv) is unwilling to volunteer or incapable of volunteering for hospitalization or treatment.

law.justia.com...

Madness. It just seems like a merry go round. How do they determine if someone is mentally ill unless they actually determine if a person is mentally ill. I can see if a person has a documented history a case can be had to arrest. But if a person has no documented case history of illness, how can someone be picked up for being mentally ill without a determination? It is like the cart before the horse. Just because someone can swear a petition saying someone is "mentally ill", which can be a subjective view, that is enough to have someone hauled away for evaluation?

Seems like a direct circumvention of the US Constitution to me...

Just pure madness and laws like this need challenging.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

it's imho only a matter of time until people get snatched for raising doubts about things like global warming or the historic record, openly discussing immigration issues and other politically sensitive topics. after all there's a consensus on all these things, isn't there? if not yet, one could be summoned at any time, i believe

A predictable phenomenon , predicted from last year user - Long Lance

www.abovetopsecret.com... - psychiatry laws (medico-legal assessment)

I think a good reminder is of Dr. Heinrich Himmler , who as 'responsible clinician' at Auswich , was hoping in and out of an abulance to collect more Zyclon B pellets which he 'administered' himself .

Such a nice doctor 'provided' his ' care and treatment' , for his 'patients' . They felt _much better afterwards .

ATS may get a clear out ,(unlikely) but facebook will have a clearout of people who will be quite alarmed at the meaning of all this .

A comment on this topic from one user , said , 'are they allowed to split hairs like that ? ' He is only just coming to realise , or not ; they can do what the hell they like with these laws.
edit on 22-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
But ,while the fact remains , odd as it is , 'the real alarmists are those who cry ..'alarmists!'
I am going to say - "dont panic..!"

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

One more historical happening on this date... globalresearch.ca...

edit on 22-8-2012 by dragnik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Please tell me if I am wrong but doesn't this fit the NDAA that Obama signed on January 1st this year?? We can easily be taken away and held without charges; even INDEFINITELY!

Thats the point, we have already lost....
Unless we can overturn the NDAA we are screwed as American Citizens.....

I sure hope I will never be a grandmother!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Adolf used the same methods in WWII.
Burn books and arrest people for questioning authority. Analogy?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UDHR19

Well, I believe back then Nazis were a testing ground of sorts, from what I understand Hitler was given money and power from many bankers, and prescot bush and him both seem to be buddies...so I'd say our government sat back and took notes on how to improve these methods..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Here is what they are using against him ...

§ 37.2-808. Emergency custody; issuance and execution of order.

A. Any magistrate shall issue, upon the sworn petition of any responsible person, treating physician, or upon his own motion, an emergency custody order when he has probable cause to believe that any person (i) has a mental illness and that there exists a substantial likelihood that, as a result of mental illness, the person will, in the near future, (a) cause serious physical harm to himself or others as evidenced by recent behavior causing, attempting, or threatening harm and other relevant information, if any, or (b) suffer serious harm due to his lack of capacity to protect himself from harm or to provide for his basic human needs, (ii) is in need of hospitalization or treatment, and (iii) is unwilling to volunteer or incapable of volunteering for hospitalization or treatment. Any emergency custody order entered pursuant to this section shall provide for the disclosure of medical records pursuant to § 37.2-804.2. This subsection shall not preclude any other disclosures as required or permitted by law.

Virginia State Law (Passed in 2008)

edit on 8/22/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/22/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Interesting piece of researchLabrynth2012 –a blatant abuse of power.

It’s hard disagreeing with anyone, so far on this thread. So I’ll just say this…
(If we’re going to section people on political grounds) Then hopefully (someday) after the e.g. the next peoples revolution-taxpayers strike, the White House will become a great mental institute. After all: It already has the right colours, has got the patients -just badly needs the doctors!

And if anyone’s watched “One Foot Cuckoo's Nest” it may be no accident there is a striking resemblance between Hillary Clinton and Nurse Ratched…

Nurse Ratched…
img.abovetopsecret.com... " class="picImg">

Mrs Clinton
img.abovetopsecret.com... " class="picImg">

Are we sure she isn’t another politician who did acting when they were younger?

Or am I just seeing things?

Anyway: I’d have paid good money to have seen the video of her performing Obama’s first lobotomy. Indeed, one can just imagine him (on his first day of office) jubilantly jumping up and down on the White House sofa saying “yes we can change!” and Mrs Clinton coming up to him (with an electric drill) and saying “Yes. But I can change you!”

This would obviously explain what happened to his conscience!!!
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnquindell

How to question the official version of 9/11 without being taken to a mental hospital:

People would be more willing and less fearful of adopting the views of 911 Truth activists if they felt they were calling for forgiveness rather than retribution and punishment.

The peace movement should call for granting amnesty from prosecution and guarantee of an ample, lifetime pension to anyone who agrees to testify on their roles in the events of 9/11, extending this offer to any members of the US government, foreign governments and/or terrorist groups involved in the planning or execution of the attacks of that day.

Additionally, individuals should step forward and volunteer to spend time working with those who give testimony on crimes they have committed so that they might be reintegrated into society.

Instead of executing Nazi war criminals we should have devoted all the human resources available to us to rehabilitating them, awakening in them awareness of the nature of their actions so that they could have come to understand that they must make amends. If they had remained alive they would have been a living testament to the transformative powers of forgiveness.

Historians and psychologists especially should come out in favor of preserving invaluable study material in the form of the opportunity to converse with the authors of unfortunate historical deeds.

We must find a solution to the existing state of affairs that would be acceptable to both the accusers and the accused. It should solve the problem it sets out to solve without creating additional problems. It should present itself as an ethical means to an ethical end.

In "The Art of War", Sun Tzu said never to surround an enemy. If you do not leave him an out, he will fight to the last man.

For an interesting discussion of these ideas please see (and expand the comments) three posts by “John Stan” here:
www.opednews.com...

amnesty, are u smoking crack?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Ben Swann just reported on this just now.It's damn shame that we have openly fascist acts such as this and most people are more worried about the MLB playoffs and waiting for the next dancing with the stars.

edit on 103131p://2926 by mike dangerously because: fixed vid link.

edit on 103131p://3026 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If I was an American Id have some posts to delete right about now. This truly blows my mind that its acceptable to throw people in an institution just for ranting. I think they introduced Timeline to FB just so people would bitch about it rather than important things. Scary stuff for the family and everyone else in the country for that matter.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by salmoneggs
If I was an American Id have some posts to delete right about now.

Posts are never really deleted. They just no longer appear on your profile. Rest assured they remain on some servers out in the "cloud". Social networks are all but social.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Please don't take this as a rant but more than an outsiders (non American) view about what is going on:

I'm just wondering why most Americans still think that they live in a free land. You are not allowed to say anything against the leaders, don't own many parts of your country and live in a bankrupt country but complain about the Greeks?

Please wake up and notice what is going on. There might be a real reason why all the Millions in Europe think that Americans are stupid. Of cause this is just a generalization (and in my opinion the exceptions can be found on sites like ATS) but if we look from the outside and see what is going on in America it's unbelievable that people just want to stay/live there. You've gone into war with Iraq to 'free' it but have less rights in your own country

There is a reason why I would never ever visit America and I even would prefer to spend my holidays in Egypt than in the US (really).

And if I look at the presidential candidates I just have to wonder how the hell you even can think about electing one of those. I know that I get censored here in Germany but compared with the US we really live in a free country. We can even talk more freely about Hitler than you about 9/11

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
When you know are right, but you let TPTB control your actions with fear, they have already won without a battle.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I do not live in the US but I really want someone to fix that # of a government. Someone like Ron Paul will do just fine.

Anyway, look at the bright side of the story, this indeed proves that the USA had a hand in the events of 9/11. Anyone who says otherwise does not have any brain cells at all. Unless, of course, he proves me wrong with facts

edit on 23-8-2012 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

I love your avatar

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

While without more details it would appear that this arrest certainly does seem to exceed the bounds our Constitution places on law enforcement, it must be noted however that in Raub's FB comments his diatribe progressed from expressing disappointment with the government to advocating "action" to saying that he was tired of waiting, suggesting that he was going to commit an act against the government.

In light of recent events, and some not so recent, I can understand why those comments might be flagged as a threat and Mr Raub questioned about them. Since we do not know the whys and wherefores of this case we need to be a little patient until more information than speculation is available.

What if this man was truly planning some violent episode and his comments in a public forum had been ignored? What if innocent people died? Who would you blame then? Like the young man in the "Joker" massacre who apparently reached out for help or intervention and received neither, going on to kill innocents. We can now weigh the evidence that those very people whom he asked help from did not follow up on the danger that they knew he posed to society at large.

While none of us at this point know what is/was in Mr Raub's heart and mind, I know reading his posts left me a little uncomfortable and I think it may be a case of better safe than sorry. At least those of us who still speak out against tyranny and fascism hope. Unfortunately that leaves us still with the many who would move to violence who will hide their thoughts and plans from prying eyes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join