It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning 911 on Facebook Can Get You Sectioned…

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Raub was confronted by FBI agents at his home on Thursday and taken away in handcuffs. He was then reportedly questioned over several incendiary Facebook posts he made. "They were concerned about me calling for the arrest of government officials," Raub said.

Raub posted Facebook messages that suggested that the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks, and signed a petition to re-open the investigation into the terrorist act.
“If you are unaware of the great amount of evil perpetrated by the American Government I suggest you take … your head out of the sand. The day of reckoning is almost at hand,” he wrote on August 5. He authored a later post saying,“The Revolution is here. And I will lead it.” rt.com...

In further news

At a hearing on Monday held in the mental institution, government officials confirmed Raub’s Facebook posts as the only reason for his detention, paying no attention to his comments that those online messages were wrongly interpreted.
Security forces are said to be using a piece of legislation called Virginia State Code §37.2-808 Emergency custody, under which it is permitted to detain a person in a mental institution without presenting any charges against him, only upon a medic’s recommendation. rt.com...

Wow, you better not complain about your political candidates being identical either (or you’ll be done for lack of imagination), or moan about gas fracking equally permanent water pollution (your waters safe! www.watertowndailytimes.com... ) and whatever you do, never ever say the U.S is full of secret societies.

Well…
Over 20 years since the Collapse of the USSR, their methods of putting political prisoners in mental institutions finally seem have immigrated to American waters.
What’s that? A knock at my door? It’s fine it’s the police and an ambulance. It’s ok as I haven’t done anything –they’re probably just asking for directions!!!
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: A link was missing...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If this is the not Fascism at it's worst. The very things the USA condemned Russia for our Government is now doing. Wait, Did I say our government? Oops, classic mistake, the Government is no longer ours. I knew the world was going to get crazy when I was but a wee lad. I have to say what I have seen in the last ten years is a no surprise. The surprise is the near total lack of giving a crap by the citizenry. Quite a disappointment really.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Look our government, let me clarify, the United States of America's government is a criminal organization! It is full of criminals, power hungry narcissists, back stabbing traitors and self aggrandizing piles of feces! A bunch of hypocrites high on PC B.S.! Let them take me away! I will live by Patrick Henry's famous quote - 'Give me liberty, or give me death.' I prefer to live free which is increasingly difficult these days! Oh Canada can I come and live with y'all?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You know how I know I'm awake???

Because to me, this (along with many other current story-lines in America) is mind-blowing-outrageous-ridiculous-a.s.s backwards-criminal-nearly unbearable-laughable-enraging-disgusting. Which would probably make me, in the eyes of the Virginia State Code §37.2-808 Emergency custody, mental.

When are people in certain positions going to realize they, as individuals, must stand up for other individual's rights? I'm talking about the imbeciles that "follow orders" or "just doing their job" without regard to another's unalienable rights. It's rhetorical because we know the answer, we've read the history.

This (America) will end terribly

God won't help us if thats what you're waiting for... we have to help ourselves.
edit on 21-8-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What next? Are they going to lock up everybody with an ATS account?

If my facebook page gets brought to the attention of the authorities i'll be stuck in a straight jacket for the rest of my days. This is the way of the world people and we're sitting by and allowing it to happen.

Freedom no more.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Calling for a citizens arrest against elected officials is illegal or for violence against them in general. I am fairly certain that thats what it was about. Maybe they would have let it slide though if it wasnt about 911.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If anyone were to be arrested its because they are presumed to have broken the law. Except in this case where they are detaining him without charges.
edit on 21-8-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a piece of legislation called Virginia State Code §37.2-808 Emergency custody, under which it is permitted to detain a person in a mental institution without presenting any charges against him

Sounds like a fancy name for circumventing constitutional rights to me

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Sounds like some horse knuckle.

Seriously, that's the value of the decision, the decision to attack people that simply voice their questioning of the event. A horse knuckle.

What's next, ending lyrics in music?
edit on 21-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Where will the line be drawn? If behavior like this is tolerated would it not be fair to presume further censorship will intrude many aspects of our lives.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Calling for a citizens arrest against elected officials is illegal or for violence against them in general. I am fairly certain that thats what it was about. Maybe they would have let it slide though if it wasnt about 911.

Care to back up that claim with a source?

I am quite sure that saying someone should be arrested for alleged crimes is not illegal and falls under 1st amendment rights. No violent action was taken against any elected official. Words are not actions.

This is an illegal detainment of an american citizen because he wrote controversial words on facebook. If you can sit there and justify what they are doing, then they have already won.

Anyone who is a member of ATS should be very concerned over this breach of rights because if they can do this to Raub, they can do it to every single person here.

DC

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay, I am convince if this is real, we should donate some money to help this Marine, and search for truth..If the Facebook is only reason for his arrest then I am concern about our freedom this start sound more like a soviet. We should rise up and help to put to end to this. This should never happen here in U.S., we all could go to jail for joining in ATB site or writing anything what we believe about our government..again I do not see any illegal what this Marine wrote in Facebook, I am having trouble understanding if this is legal for this Marine to be arrested, for what?? It is milky water, eather someone who is higher up needed to get their head exams
edit on 21-8-2012 by Screenlearner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Some due process would be the admirable thing to do. Please read your constitution and declaration of independence my fellow United Statesians. Make it your children's bedtime stories.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hey.. Uh.. Anyone notice a site being ahead of the curve, when it comes to facebook, and 9/11 discussions.. With the dropping of the forum, none of its conversations will reach thee fb feed.. If it ever got there.(no fb) just a thought.. Think about it..

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is actually not a new thing, it has been going on for decades. I posted this in another thread but I think it is relevant here also to get a perspective.

www.spunk.org...

That was in the UK, but it happens everywhere. If you are deemed a serious threat there are many methods they can use to discredit, or silence you.

Social Control, Repression, and the Role of the State: Controlling Radical Movements

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
heh and if you dont have a facebook companies will think you are anti social or have something to hide, they are right, its called my freedom and its slowly slipping away, welcome to amerika

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
Some due process would be the admirable thing to do. Please read your constitution and declaration of independence my fellow United Statesians. Make it your children's bedtime stories.

2 words,

indefinite detention

you can thank obama

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

How to question the official version of 9/11 without being taken to a mental hospital:

People would be more willing and less fearful of adopting the views of 911 Truth activists if they felt they were calling for forgiveness rather than retribution and punishment.

The peace movement should call for granting amnesty from prosecution and guarantee of an ample, lifetime pension to anyone who agrees to testify on their roles in the events of 9/11, extending this offer to any members of the US government, foreign governments and/or terrorist groups involved in the planning or execution of the attacks of that day.

Additionally, individuals should step forward and volunteer to spend time working with those who give testimony on crimes they have committed so that they might be reintegrated into society.

Instead of executing Nazi war criminals we should have devoted all the human resources available to us to rehabilitating them, awakening in them awareness of the nature of their actions so that they could have come to understand that they must make amends. If they had remained alive they would have been a living testament to the transformative powers of forgiveness.

Historians and psychologists especially should come out in favor of preserving invaluable study material in the form of the opportunity to converse with the authors of unfortunate historical deeds.

We must find a solution to the existing state of affairs that would be acceptable to both the accusers and the accused. It should solve the problem it sets out to solve without creating additional problems. It should present itself as an ethical means to an ethical end.

In "The Art of War", Sun Tzu said never to surround an enemy. If you do not leave him an out, he will fight to the last man.

For an interesting discussion of these ideas please see (and expand the comments) three posts by “John Stan” here:
www.opednews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Here's an idea.

Get every single American with facebook to post the same comments.. Mass arrest = mass protest.

the only way forward is with unity and strengh in numbers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Wow, so me starring & flagging this post might also get me arrested someday maybe too?

Can anyone prove to me in a court of law how this is still America?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join