It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog ( best friend) just died in my arms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Right back at you Hon!
And I agree!
Funny thing is, it is they who save us, and not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard losing pals as loyal as the four legged kind. Just keep your head up bud, it'll be ok.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

[[Hugs]]
The crossing over is never easy for the ones left behind.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i can relate,i have had dogs all of my 43 years on this planet,the last to pass on was my dogue de bordeaux "dante"i used to bring him to work with me all the time,he loved riding in the truck.one day at work,i went back to my truck to find him dead in the back seat.i tried mouth to mouth,chest compressions ect...but it didnt work.im not ashamed to say that i cried like a baby all the way home,,,,buried him in the back yard an hour later,rest in piece little buddy.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shantyknight

No, it is not just you, and that it's why you are not alone, even if it is not easy at this time. A while ago I found this video which really touched my heart. I hope it will bring some comfort to you. Neither you are alone, nor your faithful friend and real love will reunite both of you again.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I am so very sorry for the loss of your family member.
First of all, allow yourself to grieve. He was your best friend and family member for so long, and your deep sense of loss is natural. Anyone that won't allow you that obviously has never had an animal.
Your grief may even follow all of the normal stages.. anger, denial, pleading, sadness, acceptance, and the like.
This is normal and you have to allow this.
When the memories are really painful, try to do constructive things that takes your mind off the pain.
Don't pick up his toys or wash his bedding if you aren't up to it. Write out his life story and your adventures together as if it were a book. Let your emotions help you through.
Remember that energy is neither created nor destroyed..and his soul/energy is still there with you, faithfully.

When you feel you are ready, visit animal shelters and spend time with the dogs there. Ask your buddy to follow you in spirit and if it is your plan, bring a new buddy home that will help you in your new chapter. You will know when it is time.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
In all my researches into the paranormal and mediumship, it seems agreed that pets survive the change we call death. It's said to be because of the love link between them and us - as stronger, if not stronger, than the link between people.
My heart goes out to you in your loss but remember all the good times together until you are reunited.
I often think how humanity could learn much from pet dogs.
They are so non-judgemental. If you accidently tread on their paws, they will respond not in anger, but as if it was their fault! They are always there to welcome you at the door even if you are in a dark mood - they will treat you as a long lost friend, which in fact to them, you are.
Treasure the fond memories of your best friend and then when the time is right, give another four legged friend a home and your love.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

i have lost 2 wonderfull dogs in my past so i can understand how it hurts and as hard as it may seem ive found by getting another one it can take ur mind slowly off it and begin to start another special friendship

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I have suffered the loss of many dogs in the 62 years I have been around.......... I always go through a period of deep sorrow that has on a few occasions resulted in depression that I was prescribed medication for....... The pain is so bad that the idea of having to go through the same thing with another dog makes a person not want to have another dog in their life..... My last dog was a rambunctious Border Collie that had belonged to my father in law who had passed away... Two of my brothers in law spent a great deal of time and money building a 6' fence that he could easily clear and go wandering around in their neighborhood.... They offered him to me since I was missing my Doberman that I had to have put down and I own over 20 acres for him to run on... It took me a solid year of consistent training before I could trust that he would obey obedience commands off lead and would stay in the back of the pickup when I would go to town to get the mail or stop at the liquor store... He was stolen by an ex cop whose little boy had taken a liking to him that left this area and can't be found.... I gave up on finding him and was told by a friend that her father had to get rid of his eight month old rambunctious, destructive, male Border Collie/ Blue Heeler Mix....I drove over 350 miles round trip to bring him home... He is two years old now, much more of a home body, doesn't jump fences, and raises hell when strangers come near the house..... The only annoying thing about him is that he is a Velcro dog that has to be stuck to me all of the time... He will growl and snap whenever I stop petting him which I think is cute buy it scares the hell out of most people when they see him do it the first few times..... As much as it hurts to lose a friend you don't give up on making new ones.... I feel like I'm a lot happier person when I have a dog that shares his life and unconditional love with than I would feel without one..... Eventually another dog will happen along and become your friend, ease the pain and fill the void of your loss....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
my dog of 16 years died a couple of years ago & i still miss him like heck it was minus 25 when i buried him it took me 5 hours to get 3 foot down .get another from a rescue centre the pain will fade

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
My thoughts are with you mate, i've been through the same twice and it hurts.

As they say, time will heal the wounds but will never make em dissapear.

The last dog my parents had was put to sleep in arms aswell after battling a mediteranian decease he caught on vacation. There was no known cure for dogs.. After alot of testing they found an alternative and it helped to cure the decease, but destroyed the liver and other organs in the process..
After a few days at the animal hospital in the intensive care he was put to sleep to give him peace..

As i said, i know the pain it brings and my thoughts are with you! Take care and i wish you alot of strength!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
My heart hurts for you! I've had to do this too many times to count and now have another that is sick and may have to do it again. It is never easy. You can only know that while he was here, you were HIS best friend, too. What you shared can never be taken away.
Take your time. Grieve in YOUR own way, in YOUR own time. It hurts horribly. Just let it.
I might suggest to go to this site and see if you can find some comfort, some information to help you through this.
rainbowsbridge.com...
This is a wonderful site where others understand your pain. A place for you to grieve in your own way... and to pay homage to your loved one.
I'm so very sorry. There are no words that can make you feel better, but know that you aren't alone even though I know you feel that you are.
His love is with you forever, just as yours is with him. Just keep loving him. He will forever love you.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I am sitting here crying,,,I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog, a very special family member. I have had dogs and cats over the years...each one special...just know we are here for you ((((hugs)))))

you did the best you could, give yourself time to grieve don't pick up the dogs things if you don't feel like it right now......take good care of yourself.....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

I have dogs in my life (always have) and understand the sheer joy, love and devotion they bring. Anyone who doesn't understand the depth of feeling and pureness of love between a man and a dog is missing out on something amazing. I totally understand what you mean about "us against the world", they are our 'team' and you always know you have each other's back through anything!

My dogs are 3 and 1, so young and healthy. Yet I well up at the thought of them getting old and of losing them and have to force it out of my mind.

Your dog was lucky, he died in the arms of someone he loved, he was comforted and released of his pain. You did something remarkably brave and selfless by letting him go. and you should feel proud that you loved your dog enough to endure the pain of his loss in order to end his suffering.

I genuinely hope I have the strength of character and courage as you when the time comes.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Dogs are like a best friend or your child. When they die it sucks. I just hope there is a doggy heaven.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I Lost My Boris last Dec 15. I wrote a thread in his honor and you have already heard many helpful things and suggestions. I have not been able to look at the pics I have of him in the thread without crying and it has been 8 months. I say this because it's the truth. The truth also is that we all have our own time frame of the various levels we experience grief. I can offer you a promise and a suggestion.

The promise is that your pain is not going to last forever and I have found that tears are like aspirin when it comes to grief. Cry all you can. Cry and let the tears come. Know that every time you cry, you are closer to the end of your pain and grief.

A a suggestion. and the tears come as I say it. Try to be fair with your self and try to maybe allow a new puppy to come or new friend of some type. I got a puppy for us and we knew nothing would replace Boris but we knew we would love the new baby and it would love us. She is so very special and it was the best decision for us.

Pain has a time limit and if you wait it out you always win !!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am sorry. I feel the same about my dog in that I consider him my son. I will be so crushed when he goes. Be well man.

Gs

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
He was acting like he didn't feel well last Friday morning so I took him to the vet. they ran a bunch of tests and $2,000 later I had to put him down.

He was my best friend and really the only friend I had in this town. He has been with me thru a divorce and two back surgeries. We moved from our hometown to try and get a fresh start...and we did.

He was always so glad to see me when I got home from anywhere as I was to see him.

They originally told me had had pancreatitis but when he wasn't better after 3 day on an I.V. they told me he had pancreatic cancer.

My heart hurts so badly right now that I don't know what to do. I feel more alone than I think I ever have. I need to bring myself to pick up all his toys and put away all of his things but can't seem to do it yet.

It has been he and I against the world for so long and now it's just me. I know many of you will say "it's just a dog" and feel sorry for you. If you think he was just a dog then you have never felt the unconditional love of a pet.

I did everything I could do to make him better but it wasn't enough. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Nothing I can say or do will comfort you in your time of mourning. I can say I understand. My Tora was beyond a magic dog and few photos of her can be seen in PhotoBucket acct. Search for IceHappy. Two years before we found she was full of cancer we accepted a newly about to be retired police Dog Kai. I had a Ka Bar tucked away in case the police dog handler could not control Kai during their first meeting. I am disabled a shadow of my former self but even though Ka Bars or any knife over several inches is now illegal I was will to risk this in front of a Cop to protect my dog as Kai and any police dog is Dog Aggressive they have to be with drug dealers offensive Pit Bulls! Immediate best friends. They had two years together our lawn had claw marks dirt tracks as Tora was Half Rottie and half retriever and those two dogs played tag and hide and seek. I would never had believe this had I not seen it and the photos in photobucket shows the dirt track lol which used to be lawn. 4 years later we are still hurting missing Tora my only dog in my life. The day we had to put her down we were lucky to have both daughters taking time off work and Tora had the best day ever fooling me that I almost stopped the vet when he and his assistant showed up. Yep held her but could not see her well from the tears and now typing is difficult in seeing but as a touch typist I can still hit the right keys and if not a red line will highlite what needs fixing. She was gone in the first two cc's. The vet said he will continue with the twin full syringes just to be sure but she was close to death to have pass with so little administrated. Kai has come done with bone cancer he has had his small finger on his right paw removed and 4 bouts of chemo. We could not continue with chemo as he was not agreeing with it. My daughter the other day had her notebook her transferring photos n avis from one of my servers and accidently activated an avi of Tora. Kai became very upset and searched the entire house for two days looking for her. We did show him her lifeless body so he knew she was gone.

My friend your dog was a magic dog and that is the price we pay in their passing but it going through the pain is worth it as your best friend has always been there for you waiting for you to make the time waiting for you to pass the love and ball or favourite toy. I myself am grateful to have known her last 30 days would be the last (we did not know how long 2 weeks to 2 months we were estimated but each day I made it special for her!

In time I hope you are able to find not a replacement but another best friend.

Best Friends

edit on 8/22/2012 by IceHappy because: Better photo link

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
He was acting like he didn't feel well last Friday morning so I took him to the vet. they ran a bunch of tests and $2,000 later I had to put him down.

He was my best friend and really the only friend I had in this town. He has been with me thru a divorce and two back surgeries. We moved from our hometown to try and get a fresh start...and we did. He was always so glad to see me when I got home from anywhere as I was to see him.

They originally told me had had pancreatitis but when he wasn't better after 3 day on an I.V. they told me he had pancreatic cancer. My heart hurts so badly right now that I don't know what to do. I feel more alone than I think I ever have. I need to bring myself to pick up all his toys and put away all of his things but can't seem to do it yet.

It has been he and I against the world for so long and now it's just me. I know many of you will say "it's just a dog" and feel sorry for you. If you think he was just a dog then you have never felt the unconditional love of a pet. I did everything I could do to make him better but it wasn't enough. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

I believe our animals are a gift we're given to help us through life. You've looked after your gift and then had to say goodbye. Give yourself some time to let him go and then give a good home to another dog. They all bring their own special help and unconditional love and will be waiting for you when you pass over too. See what your local dog pound has to offer. I bet you and your next dog will recognise each other. Love and blessings.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join