It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog ( best friend) just died in my arms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

Hey buddy...sorry for your loss. I know what ya mean by you and him against the world and best friend in this town. My daughter recently moved out and an hour and a half away. We moved here(Appleton, WI.) in '07 and I haven't made any friends here...just me and my 12yr. old dachshund now.

I dread the day he leaves me.

I think the best thing to do is give it a week or two, take a vacation somewhere, and when ya get back look into adopting a new dog or puppy. That's what I'm gonna do when my best friend passes on.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thank you all so much. I am glad that others out there have been blessed to feel the joy and love that a pet can give. I'm exhausted, I have been used to getting kicked all night by a dreaming dog that I haven't slept well in days. LOL

You guys a great group and things like this give me hope for humanity.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

My condolences.... our pets are often closer to us than our wives.... They are always there for us and their unconditional love will always be with us even after they are gone...

I feel sad for you and I am glad that you could find such a good friend and companion that helped you create many memories. Sure we wish they could be back with us but that is not to be. So, we are happy for the time we had and the memories of good times.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, too.

In terms of the practicalities, I find that removing the dogs/cats bed & bedding and most (if not all) of their toys is the best way I cope. That plus refreshing the house, vacuuming etc. Works for me, keeps me busy while I'm feeling bad. You can always wash the bed, bedding down and donate it to your local dog welfare shelter, they're always in need of such things, you can maybe ask someone to drop them in for you if you're feeling too rough to be around other dogs right now.

You just have to think about the good times you've had together, your first time out together in the snow, the first time he slipped his leash and ran away chasing a squirrel, the first time he retrieved a ball, you'll have great memories. Go through your photos, shed a tear too.

But the time will come when you'll know yourself that your home isn't complete without a dog ... please come back to us at that point, so we can share that journey with you too, re-homing an animal is one of the most rewarding experiences we can get.

Take care x

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I know your pain-it has happened to me also.
Its a horrible thing to have to experience,but try to remember all the good times you had together.
Dogs are really special animals,they show us the meaning of unconditional love.

So sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Nothing I can say will ease your loss.

I'm sorry though. I've felt your pain.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Although a computer screen, state borders, perhaps an entire ocean separates all of, you have "friends" here on ATS. Many of us have had the unfortunate experience of losing our beloved companions. Whether dog, cat, bird, even turtle, etc. I can imagine the grief you may be feeling and my heart goes out to you. I pray in time your heart will mend, never "fully" so that you may forget, but enough where you can revisit your beloved any time you wish, in photos and memories, and feel joy instead of pain.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

My deepest sympathies to you! Losing your best friend is hard- it doesn't matter what species he is.
Remember the good times, and take as much time as you need to mourn.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAmericanStory
Although a computer screen, state borders, perhaps an entire ocean separates all of, you have "friends" here on ATS. Many of us have had the unfortunate experience of losing our beloved companions. Whether dog, cat, bird, even turtle, etc. I can imagine the grief you may be feeling and my heart goes out to you. I pray in time your heart will mend, never "fully" so that you may forget, but enough where you can revisit your beloved any time you wish, in photos and memories, and feel joy instead of pain.

That could be on a Hallmark. Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

aww bless ....
you sound excellent ...

i thoroughly believe, we, and other creatures have a place after here .... i'll not bore you with the details as to why ...

maybe soon ... a new wee puppy in need of a loving home could bring some different joy to your void ....
absolutely not to say replace your friend ... but a new friend .. that could do with some 2-way love ....

i really dont think your other friend will mind ... cos they will know the love you have in your heart for them .. and others ...

sorry if that sounds cheesy .. i cant help it ... it is what it is

ETA- in a month or 2 ... prehaps go to your local pound .. only with the expectation of looking, and nothing else ... and have a look at the little scrawny dogs .. make eye contact with them .. see how they long for your love ... see if ya walk back out empty handed

edit on 21-8-2012 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss and pain. How wonderful to have experienced such love!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey Just you- There is no such thing as 'just a dog'.
Take heart in knowing you gave your guy a helluva life- That's all they ask.
People live 70-80-90 years- your dogs only get 8-10, maybe 15 or more if you're lucky- don't seem fair but that's the way it is.
Spend some time reflecting on the time you had with your pal and then, as others have already pointed out, maybe look into getting another little guy who would cherish having you as a friend.
edit on 21-8-2012 by JimmyJagov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There are so many of us here that have lost beloved pets over the years. Just know that your dog is happy playing over the rainbow bridge, running around in tall grasses beneath ancient trees. The sun is shining brightly and the cool winds blow. Your best friend knows how much he/she is loved and loves you back. Your dog had many happy and loving years to share with you and I am sure he/she is grateful for that. One day you will be reunited again and you ca make new memories together filled with love and laughter. HUGS!

In the meantime, frame some of your favorite photos of your pet, maybe plant something beautiful in the garden in his/her memory. And in the future, keep in mind that there are so many homeless innocent and beautiful animals waiting for a home and to be loved. Animal shelters are always filled to capacity and many have to be put down never able to realize their dreams. I have never regreted saving a life and making a new friend.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This thread has me crying like a baby.
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't think you will find anyone here who will say "it is just a dog". ATS is full of animal lovers. Most of us have felt the pain of what you are going through.
The hurt WILL pass. The love will stay with you forever.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thanks for all the suppoert. It really means a lot to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Its heart breaking.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Biggest Hug.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am so sorry you had to go through losing your dog in such a short period of time.

Dogs are true blue friends with an abundance of unconditional love. My dog is almost fourteen and I have a twenty year old kitty that is crazy about my 22 year old son. That is the down side of pet ownership, losing them.

Thoughts and prayers are with you now.

www.pet-loss-matters.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Wow.
That is so very sad...I just want you to know even though we don't know each other I am thinking about you and your best friend.... I have been there, and I know the hole in your heart. Stupid But ((((HUG)))) anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am very sorry for the loss of your friend, I lost one of my two pitbulls just months ago. He was twelve years.
For those of you who say "2000$ is too much to spend on a dog"
What if your best, human friend, abruptly became ill and did not have insurance, or any way to pay for/aquire medical help? Would you really have to think about it? Or would you do whatever you possibly could, in your power to help them? "its a dog"
Really? Or the most loyal, unconditional friend you could ask for.
I digress from the topic. I really hope your wound heals faster than you can believe it will, at this time.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My dog Joe and I are so very sorry for your loss. He's watching me type this with great concern and he sends you a chin rest on your lap to console you. There is no pain like losing a four-legged friend. Our hearts go out to you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join