It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State of Iraq: Gunmen in Disguise Attacking Several Checkpoints - Graphic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Some video of a fairly recent attack of Iraqi police checkpoints. I was pretty supprised with the uniformity in equipment and the nvg use, as well as the vehicles. Stolen or just better funding?

Couple of little things that stand out...

Here are insurgents taking video of an attack, showing them executing their prisoners. Now, where's the moral outrage on wonderful ATS over this????

And since this is showing Insurgents with dead police, how come ATS doesn't have a thread on this, since they were burning up bandwidth when US Troops were taking pictures of themselves with dead insurgents (and the really funny thing was that they didn't even kill them; it was the remains of suicide bombers).

Let the US bashing begin in three, two, one......

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Man that was brutal. If legit, they looked like well trained, well funded, mercenaries with no compassion or conscious at all; With their only care being about their next mission and the next payout.

The question is who hired them and what is their agenda?
edit on 20-8-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The entire OIF campaign just became that much more of a complete failure that we should learn from while looking forward in our war of on terror.

They say we brought freedom and democracy to the region. That is true, but with it we brought instability that overshadows it, and still today Iraq remains one of the top three terror ridden nations in the world - Arguably a direct result of our invasion and subsequent lengthy occupation.

Seeing incidents like these while knowing that the situation there today isn't as stable as it should be is tough to see, especially after all of the money, time, energy, blood, sweat, tears and lives that have been spent there.

I guess some nations just can't handle freedom and democracy.

Good question majesticgent... I wouldn't be surprised of those NVGs (look like they might be AN/PVS-14 model?) came from us at some point in time, along with lots of other equipment in circulation there - All clearly being put to (not so) good use.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Whoa. That seems extremely systematic and brutal.

Extremely well trained and someone definitely paid for this.

The usual rag tag idiots could not even afford shoes let alone know where the safety catch was.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What do you think is going to happen here if we keep allowing OUR federal gov. to keep adding new police to the system?? DHS is nothing more than America's version of the SS from Germany. It's going to get worse sadly....

If you have a chance, look up the history of the Einsatzgruppen. This is why the federal gov. is buying up so much ammo....ok, maybe not that drastic but it's happened with all the great civilizations before ours. FACT.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, it looks like they are putting our gear bought by the taxpayer to good use. Looks like they are taking a page from the Mexican cartels playbook.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Seems to far surpass any attacks that I have seen in Iraq, ever. This was professionally done, they utilized police vehicles, and seemingly got to the targets without so much as a shot being fired at them (till the end). One could imagine this is a testament of things to come, # just got real in Iraq, and while it was to be expected, this level of professionalism is unheard of from the resistance groups (to my knowledge).

On a side note, people seem to forget that this is war, people are assassinated like this (albeit more gruesomely, and less professionally) all the time. War is brutal, and the Iraqi's aren't pretending to be some moral crusaders, that's the difference. A difference which should resonate when people are trying to paint this as a "U.S. vs Iraq moral battle". We have our disgusting methods (mass bombings), and they have theirs (point blank). Either way this is clearly not a good thing, and we are bound to have a bumpy road ahead of us.

Order out of chaos, Welcome to the New World Order.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Let the US bashing begin in three, two, one......

silly of me i forgot this was a us site and there is no other nationality's on here its just us in fact there are no other country's in the world its just us, and so what if there was an attack on them get out of there country ,Iraq,Afghanistan, Syria,all are false wars

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth
silly of me i forgot this was a us site and there is no other nationality's on here its just us in fact there are no other country's in the world its just us, and so what if there was an attack on them get out of there country ,Iraq,Afghanistan, Syria,all are false wars

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. About seven posts into the thread and someone comes up with a "US is at fault" post, complete with bad spelling and grammar.

You win.....nothing.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jerico65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yes well done attack there. Those poor guys did not see it coming.
What I don`t understand is why release the filming of it. Why not do this over and over till the gig was up?
edit on 8/21/2012 by Connman because: changed a word down to done

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Delete. Fat fingered the "post" button.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. About seven posts into the thread and someone comes up with a "US is at fault" post, complete with bad spelling and grammar.

You win.....nothing.

were in in my post does it say us is at fault,and there is nothing spelt wrong in the post either

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If a country 10-20 times as powerful as the USA bombed the USA you would be seeing a lot worse here in the USA as well and is not a product of Islam, but a product of being bombed for 20 years.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
If a country 10-20 times as powerful as the USA bombed the USA you would be seeing a lot worse here in the USA as well and is not a product of Islam, but a product of being bombed for 20 years.

It's not because of the US.

Looks like Sunni/Shia getting payback on Shia/Sunni. Color me surprised.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Great state Bush and Blair left in Iraq hey...with Afghanistan and Libya down..Syria and Iran left to go...
edit on 23-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I suppose you think these inter-religious conflicts spawned out of thin air?

Divide, and Conquer, the British Empire was one of the first to perfect this tactic, and employed it all over the middle east, a good example is their splitting up of Palestine into Jordan/Palestine/Israel, in order to divide the Semitic/Arab people's into manageable sub-groups. They do the same with all the different religions in the Middle East/Rest of the world, driving brethren against each-other in order to fulfill their hegemonic dominance.

The U.S. has continued this cycle, and been very successful at it by the looks of things. Balkans, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, continuing the cycle of driving blood brothers against each-other, and sitting back to enjoy the bloodshed. The most infamous tactic, is giving more power to the minority group, and then watching as the majority group gets angry, and commits genocide on their brothers. Rwanda is a good example of this.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Great state Bush and Blair left in Iraq hey...with Afghanistan and Libya down..Syria and Iran left to go...
edit on 23-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Yeah, good ol' Saddam knew how to take care of problems like this, right?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You win.....nothing.

were in in my post does it say us is at fault,and there is nothing spelt wrong in the post either

Well, you're right. You never did say anything about the US being at fault.

"Get them out of there country". Sorry, it's "their", not "there". Also, every try using some commas or periods here and there? Maybe a capital letter or two?

And in your second post, It's "Where in my post...", not "were".

Class dismissed.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You win.....nothing.

Well, you're right. You never did say anything about the US being at fault.

"Get them out of there country". Sorry, it's "their", not "there". Also, every try using some commas or periods here and there? Maybe a capital letter or two?

And in your second post, It's "Where in my post...", not "were".

Class dismissed.

You forgot nationalities and countries

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
You forgot nationalities and countries

I did! Thanks for pointing that out for me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join