It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somthing strange happening over skys of central NY.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There seems to be some stuff going on over NYC.

One interesting comment was regarding the effect of tying Chinese lanterns together with string in order to obtain the triangular effect.

Otherwise a lot of reports are related to seeing objects in the sky whilst having a fag outside - unpredicted by the health laws banning indoor smoking.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have been watching the skies since I was around 5, I would stay up late and watch all those cheesy sci fi movies from the 50's and Star trek with my Dad in the 60's until now.

My Mom and I had our first sighting in the early 70's, I think I was around 7 or so. It was night time, we watched a triangle UFO for a good 3 minutes....of course no pictures. But my Mom called the police station of the town where it seemed to be headed and they had numerous phone calls on it, no explanation. This was in Harding Pa in betwenn Scranton and Wilkes Barre if anyone knows the area.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

Wasn't on drugs or anything like that. Wasn't sleep deprived, my personal schedule tends to be up at night, sleep during the day.

It may have been an illusion because I didn't have line of sight for more than a few minutes and it was some miles away. Also, I'm not experienced in identifying aircraft.

When I first saw it, it struck me as odd because it appeared to be a unique shape. I lost sight of it behind some trees and thought that it was heading in a direction where I wouldn't see it again, but when I turned a corner (I was walking in my neighborhood at the time) it was visible again in a place that seemed like it had shifted course quickly. I had eyes on it for another minute or two before it carried off out of sight.

I may have initially misjudged it's direction and the tripod like quality may have just been the angle it was flying. I can't say concretely that it was UFO.

And, generally, I think the possibility of illusion is always present.
edit on 20-8-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Ok now I understand better and I have to agree nightime visuals can play tricks on the mind, I believe it could be due to the lack of visual referance points. Thanks for the responce and your encounter sounds interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Are you 100% sure it's not McDonalds?

I saw some odd spotlights in the sky recently in CNY. I live near an airport, but they were in two different directions.. neither being towards the airport.

We tracked one down, and it was a spotlight on the roof of a McDonalds about 10 miles away.

Small spotlight, but apparently, bright as hell.

They were swinging around the sky. I can see two or three of them every night.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

Whilst the pictures aren't very clear, this looks like and the description sounds very similar to an experience of mine in 1997. Bright lights, like very bright stars, moving in formation in the sky, making triangle shapes though these were often darting around the sky very fast, though intelligently, making formations, (they weren't meteors) traversing East to West the length of the horizon in seconds. They were also sort of flickering and some with colours.

edit on 20-8-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I saw a streak of white/yellow light moving across the sky unusually fast outside my window at around 9:30pm est here in Toronto, Canada.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not McDonalds?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

wow this is freaky ..ok it happened here in FL i live in west.palmn.beach its an active city but i live out in loxahatchee (Lox)well i did at the time
Out in Lox we are close to Pratt and whitney the work on air planes and sikorsky helicopters highend private companys and we can here them test giant turbines or something in that nataure there loud and go out for hours it like hearing 757 flying by but never passing then silence so awkward your ears cant adjust and sum times live reving rpm's and also we see black helicopters fly at night oncve in a blue moon huge helicopters with no lights and there almost silent ..

ANYWAYS the lights your talking about ive seen simular ones and the were going on for 2-3 days straight and we live 10=12 miles frpom town and it was always late at night and we (group of friends of mine we are in our mid 20's ) never saw a beam but these light would go across the sky and it was like they were coming from above the clouds it can get prety cloudy at night here and i kept telling my buddy we aare these light coming from because down town is so far way(17-20miles) that it cant be a club donw there or the car dealer ships
and when ive seen the lights in down town or a dealer ship they would go out and backin ,in circles but these lights were jusr goin horizon to horizon for hours with no beam as if thy were coming down from above i cant even tell you when they ended because we stoped watching and checking after an hour or so
but yes very weird andi have seen and experienced this late at night and only about ..3-4 times with in a 5 month period as im always lookingt and have seen some strange things th

star and flags thaks for posting i thought iwas the only one thinking this was strange

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks
reply to post by Mcmawstech

I'm in the Oneonta area and my cousin lives near Norwich

Won't ya know, one night I go to bed early and there something going on, I'm only 45 minutes from there

Any word on any Handy Cam video yet ?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So many replies in this thread seem like search lights and baloons, it's like people are winding each other up that maybe it was not a search light or a balloon. That's apporaching it the wrong way imo., because there are sooo many search lights etc in the night sky, and baloons etc.

All the time people on UFO sites talk about lights moving in a 'triangle' yet I've seen so many videos with baloons or lanters in a 'triangle' when they are just floating and happen to take that shape at one point or another.

In other words: Light in the sky are not really flying, so they're not even UFOs, or UAPs.

Don't cry UFO!!! if you can find a perfectly reasonable explanation.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Wow... Mcdonlads is the new Swamp gas.. lol.. just kiddin (or am i???)

Funny story incoming, Regarding those pesky spotlights.

When i was but a youngin..11 or 12 I saw 4 *UFO's* dancing in the sky.. where i lived back then was nowhere near a city just rual farm plots and the closest big city is about 30km away.. I spazzed out, Took to the roof and awaited my friends from the sky.. they had do physically drag me down and i didn't go quietly.. because, look there's my UFO's! lol

The next day my parents took me to a few towns away.. lol.. to the circus, and showed me my Aliens man was i bummed

Easiest way to discern These pesky spotlight is pattern, if they do the same thing more than 2wice.. yep.. spots
If there doing crazy stuff.... and lately it's almost a "hey hey look here... haha.. zoom......" then it isn't spots..
edit on 21-8-2012 by Xarian6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankenCub

No word on the sony as yet but I expect to hear something this morning.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I havent seen anything strange in the sky for ages. Last saturnday I was out at the pool near Frankfurt Germany at about 15:00 and watched a white orb flying in the sky for about 10 min. I watch the skies all the time and I think I can identify allmost all known aircraft. Funny that sightings are increasing right now all over the place. Just wanted to share this info...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hesse

You know, it is interesting that it's the one subject that peeks the interest of people the world over no matter where you happen to live, and unfortunatly could be the one subject that governments could use to manipulate the masses the world over. Food for thought! People on this site have expressed this theory before so the idea is not new. I think after reading this thread and the responses from around the globe it just hit me a little closer to home.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yeah I know all about bluebeam and the alieninvasion card. I just thought it might be of interest.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It really looks like power lines. What are the big power lines called that run multiple side by side?
Many UFO sightings have been confused by these. Or airforce base in that area?
I wish there was bigger better footage. Anyone who seen them can describe what you seen that the video doesn't show?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I went to school in Oneonta, good times
I currently live on Long Island but haven't seen anything out of the ordinary recently, although i haven't beening going out of my way to look really. Tonight ill post up outside for a little bit and try to look for anything out of the ordinary, camera will be by my side

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thats crazy to know, cz i have been seeing jets all over the skies lately... and i live in south jersey

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No Pics? Really?

In this day and age? Camera phones - hello?

C'mon people.

this is getting silly, now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join