It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somthing strange happening over skys of central NY.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

Maybe some NASA's or Army flying vehicles?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer
So many replies in this thread seem like search lights and baloons, it's like people are winding each other up that maybe it was not a search light or a balloon. That's apporaching it the wrong way imo., because there are sooo many search lights etc in the night sky, and baloons etc.

All the time people on UFO sites talk about lights moving in a 'triangle' yet I've seen so many videos with baloons or lanters in a 'triangle' when they are just floating and happen to take that shape at one point or another.

In other words: Light in the sky are not really flying, so they're not even UFOs, or UAPs.

Don't cry UFO!!! if you can find a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I've seen balloons, airplanes of all shapes and sizes, Chinese lanterns, and countless other flying machines. When I see something that I cannot easily explain, and cannot identify, then it is an unidentified flying object. I'm not saying it came from outer space, nor am I saying it was man made. Thus, unidentified. Take your troll posts somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
whatever this thing is seems like just comes out at nigth.....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

The same thing appeared late at night near where I live in Sydney, Australia...it would have been a few months back at least, maybe even up to 6 months ago.

It would have been 1:30 am or there abouts and there was cloud cover. It was as like those Hollywood searchlights, for want of a better description and I thought perhaps the people at Sydney Olympic Park were testing out the lights for an event but there were no noticeable beams of light joining the ground (horizon) and the clouds. The lights seemed to make circular patterns but also other patters, yet they each repeated, which made me think it was not some natural phenomenon. The area of the clouds that had these lights also began to reach areas that would not be (IMHO) coming from Sydney Olympic Park. I tried to video this from my phone but due to the combination of night and distance, the camera on my phone couldn't pick any of it up.

I posted on Facebook and one of my mates wanted pics or video but as mentioned above, I just couldn't provide it. The reason I mention Facebook, is that when I get a chance, I'll try to find the status update about it so I can get the date for others to potentially reference.

This encounter (if I can call it such) lasted for about 2-3 hours. I had put this out of my mind until now. It's good to know this has been seen by others. I would love an explanation as my first instinct was this isn't alien or ET created but as the even continued, I really did wonder.

I'm sure there's a simple or legitimate explanation either way.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
i live in Australia and my freinds have seen these lights in the sky,i dont see why people are scared, we already know aliens are real,so why not welcome them. If you fear them they sense it, an your not gona like what u attract with puttin fear into the universe live every day as if its your last an love life as we know it,embrace the positive change. THE POWER OF LOVE WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME THE LOVE OF POWER.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
most likely just more stealth fighter types and government seeing how low they can go before people can figure it out, you know so they know what level to let the gas out ^^ of infectious diseases as chemtrails arent going fast enough

or maybe they are just making fancy toys so one day it will land and some weirdos in costumes or plastic surgery will come out and say we come in peace but do what we say or we will kill you and then we can have our one world one government one religion

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hm. Strange times these days....
I am nowhere near NY- I am in South France, but we've been havin some weird nights too.
The night this OP is about, we had a major black out, which included our city and many other surrounding ones, for an hour. There has been no explanation coming back from the electric company about why, and this has never happened here before.
May have been just a normal occurance of some sort, but I mention it becauseeach night since has been uncommon too!

It is very hot out these last few days, so we've been going outside at night to cool off. Last night I slept in a lounge chair outside. But there were fast travelling lights continually (which I just took to be a meteor shower...isn't there one at this time?) but also, flashes of light which lit up the sky with no discernable source. Perhaps some form of electrical storm that just continued all night without any sound..... but in any case, our nights are seeming extremely active, and me and my family are all living with this weird feeling like something very uncommon is happening.
Hard to explain.....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I've seen a lot of what look like "really bright big stars, the pulsate (for lack of a better word) generally stay where they are, sometimes disappear, and then reappear"

and i've seen some up close, they've always ended up being some sort of chopper or aircraft (probably military or drone?)

-checking in from chicago.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I didn't think anything of this at the time, I live about 30 miles out side of London and I live in a sky rise apartment, on the 18th (might of been 19th) I was standing on my balcony while waiting for ad brakes to finish so I could watch my tv show and while standing looking over my town I could see a big light that looked like a plane about to head over us, looked to be a few miles away but I turned my head for a few seconds and it vanished, was a clear night as well. After that on the same night I kept going back and looking up at the sky as it did spook me, then in the far towards London I kept seeing lights coming up from behind loads of trees, I thought they to be lanterns but from the size and distances they could not have been. After a few minutes they would rise and vanish, but the night was clear and they didn't fizzle out as if like a lantern they was bright and just vanished.

Not sure if this is linked but very strange this is all happening on the same dates kinda.

Take care all!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I don't know what I'm seeing but if your In Norfolk, va by the base I live on base housing step outside and look up there is a light lighting up the sky that has been there for the past hour since I went to smoke a cigarette, I took a couple pics I'm gonna post later, I also took a video of the north star beside it sovyou can see the distance between the two hopefully it shoes on my cell phone camera, never seen anything this close and bright but I guess it could be a star because I waited to see if went behind clouds and it did, I showed my wife and she said it was nothing but it's definitely to close and bright. Im back in house will go back out in 15 minutes and see if it's still there( it's 530am) good thing I woke up first time I ever saw anything crazy

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bybcous
I don't know what I'm seeing but if your In Norfolk, va by the base I live on base housing step outside and look up there is a light lighting up the sky that has been there for the past hour since I went to smoke a cigarette, I took a couple pics I'm gonna post later, I also took a video of the north star beside it sovyou can see the distance between the two hopefully it shoes on my cell phone camera, never seen anything this close and bright but I guess it could be a star because I waited to see if went behind clouds and it did, I showed my wife and she said it was nothing but it's definitely to close and bright. Im back in house will go back out in 15 minutes and see if it's still there( it's 530am) good thing I woke up first time I ever saw anything crazy

could it be...
a spot light ?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

flashes of light which lit up the sky with no discernable source. Perhaps some form of electrical storm that just continued all night without any sound...

yes...

90% chance it was heat lighting

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
No I see Helos fly by every day, jets and military planes I have never seen something this big and close and stay still and change colors from white to green call me crazygote but I know what I'm seeing

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Best picture I could get, rest just look like a light, orange lights at top are reflections from street lights

edit on 22-8-2012 by bybcous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks

I asked him to take video of the phenomenon with his phone and send it to me but for some reason his phone won't pick it up. He also.owns a sony handy cam vodeo camera and assures me he will fry to video record it.

Oh yeah? Where have I heard this before?

edit on 22-8-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Have you ever tried to take video at night of the sky with an iPhone? Good luck getting anything, they are not low light compatible.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A local paper in Hudson Valley is reporting F-15's from the Massachusetts Air National Guard will be conducting maneuvers in the Glen Falls area on 8/22/12. This seems to be a rather odd coincidence, at this time.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Any info on the pic I posted

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bybcous
Any info on the pic I posted

I saw a video just a few days ago in another thread somewhere (sorry I forget which one it was) that had 5 or 6 of these things shaped just like this one. Interesting.

I think "they" are definitely trying to make their presence known at this time. Just too many sightings going on all over the world right now.

Great Pic! Very clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join