It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somthing strange happening over skys of central NY.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Something strange is occuring over cenntral NY skys as I type this. My cousin who lives approximately thirty miles from my present location came home earlier this evening to find three lights traversing the sky in what appears to be a quater mile radius around his house.

These supposed lights are lighting up the sky, not the ground in fact he states there seems to be no ground source for the light, in other words no beam like a spot light. But incredibly bright.

This has been going on most of the night and the lights went from three to two to one.

Apparently they are not colored lights. Strictly white but bright enough to illuminate the sky without a beam attached.

He is so freaked out by this that he called three different times tonight, until my girlfriend finaly woke to the phone ringing. Right now it is four am and he called me an hour ago.

I askednhim to take video of the phenomenon with his phone and send it to me but for some reason his phone won't pick it up. He also.owns a sony handy cam vodeo camera and assures me he will fry to video record it.

I'm not sure what to make of this as yet and am reserving judgement untilnI see the footage if any but I'm posting this to have record of the event and will post footage as soon as it becomes available.

But he did wake me up at three in the morning to tell me about it, so something is going on here.

Not sure if this is related or not but earlier today I was on my boat out on a local lake and noticed a con trail in the sky that was incredibly low to the ground, in fact there was a jet high in the sky above this at normal flight path elevation and it was three times higher than what I was whitnessing. What ever made the trail was quiet because I never heard it.

Had it been a regular small aircraft I would have heard it. In fact there was a sea plane giving rides on the lake and it wasn't him. This trail sort of appeard all of a sudden and I cound see it streachinv of into a southwesterly direction.

The thing that was strange about it was you could see the arc of the trail stretching from one horizion to the other uninterupted.

I've never seen a con trail this low or appear as fast as it appeared.

Any thoughts on any of this.

edit on 20-8-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I just posted in the Fiji thread about this and it caught my eye

3's man 3's!!

Eager to see more.. watching this one

edit on 20-8-2012 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

I read the Figi thread and wondered if somthing had crashed in the sea. Haven't been back to the thread recently to know if there were any new developments.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcmawstech

I'm in the Oneonta area and my cousin lives near Norwich

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcmawstech

Thanks for the heads up. The area related to those sightings are roughly four hours drive time east of my location, approxamatly 200 miles or so.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcmawstech
Yes twohawks, it looks as though something's happening in your area!

UFO Sighting in Patchogue, New York, United States on August 19th

UFO Fleet Over New York City On August 18, 2012

Thanks for posting this. Looks like the op is on to something interesting, and your following post seems to confirm that...I will be following....sounds interesting..

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I live in the UK(east anglia) and there were several little white lights in the sky last night about 10pm. I rang my mate up and he went outside and saw them as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
That is weird. To make it even weirder i live in NY too. For some reason the power company came out with their cherry picker at 1:30 am, never happened before especially when there is nothing weather related going on. To make matters worse they parked 10 minutes, put something in a tree and then left.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Chinese lanterns

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
Chinese lanterns

Bright white and extremely quick chinese lanterns

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
I live in the UK(east anglia) and there were several little white lights in the sky last night about 10pm. I rang my mate up and he went outside and saw them as well.

The ISS went over around that time

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDemonUK

That would probably explain the larger 1 that I saw but it was moving at a very quick rate. Is that normal? There were also a few other little white lights.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
Chinese lanterns

Sorry chinese lanterns are subject to the winds and don't generaly hang around for six hours or better. And I'd venture a guess that they don't fly circular patterns over an 1/8 to a 1/4 mile circumference.

I know the property well as I have hunted the land behind his house which belongs to his neighbor. There are approx. 65 to 70 acres of wooded hillside behind him with a sloping plane at the top. This area is heavily wooded right down to his yard. On the opposite side of the hill is a dairy farm with large open pastures.

As soon as I can get there which will either later today or possibly tomarrow I plan to do a sweep of the hillside looking for any on the ground clues.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

I wouldn't say very quick, about 6 minutes horizon to horizon, I think it would have gone west to NNE last night

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
That is weird. To make it even weirder i live in NY too. For some reason the power company came out with their cherry picker at 1:30 am, never happened before especially when there is nothing weather related going on. To make matters worse they parked 10 minutes, put something in a tree and then left.

Can you take a close-up photo of what they put in the tree. And secondly why would they be messing with a tree and not a powerpole unless it were close to their lines and they were trimming it

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Was it this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was driving through upstate NY yesterday (Sun Aug 19), and saw many chemtrails (yes, I know the difference) in the Eastern end of the state, especially around Albany, the capital.

Please update us OP if you get some pics or vids, thanks!
edit on 20-8-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Was it this?

www.youtube.com...

I would have liked to see longer footage of the lights, which was rather short.

Apparently there was no blacked out part of the sky while my cousin was watching the lights, which I did think to ask him in the midst of observing them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join