It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual amount of air activity today (with pics)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey, ok, before I even start this, I'm not someone who believes in "chemtrails" or anything like that, I'm not saying these are anything other than normal trails left by aircraft, what I am saying is that there was quite a lot of them today.
I just happened to notice it when I went outside for a while and looked up and saw about 5 or 6 trails hanging in the sky, east-west. It's not usual to see commercial aircraft fly over my house, not unusual to see one or two trails in the sky on a fine day. I dont think anything of it, its normal.
But as you can see in the pictures, there just seemed like an awful lot more than normal. I dont live within 80 miles of a major airport and I dont recall seeing this much air activity since the buildup to the Iraq war when a lot of flights were going over quite often.
I live in southern Ireland by the way.

Anyway....

In the first picture you can see 6 trails going east-west roughly, and the more recent one cutting over them was a plane I watched fly roughly northeast:

And I took the second picture a few minutes later. I took this at a different angle and through the window, so the tint is slightly different. You can see the trails fading and another new plane flying into shot again going east-west. So in all theres about 7 trails there, all in that one part of the sky, and all within the space of about 45 minutes, the trails faded and broke up after about that time:

So what do you think it was? Is it really that unusual or am I just making a big deal out of nothing? It just looked very unusal to me at the time.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
the picture looks normal...did you take a picture of a picture or something? Where are the black spaces coming from on the edged of your pictures?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aether
the picture looks normal...did you take a picture of a picture or something? Where are the black spaces coming from on the edged of your pictures?

Those are the edges of the window frame.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
noticed a little dot in the first pic
everytime I take pics of these chem/contrails, somehow a little ufo (I don't mean alien) always appears in the pic.

but it could be just dust on your window.

cool pics, honestly I don't know what to to believe, but I don't think trails that last more than 20-30 minutes are normal aircraft trails.

(looks around for HowardRoark to come and debunk the trails ...
)

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
noticed a little dot in the first pic
everytime I take pics of these chem/contrails, somehow a little ufo (I don't mean alien) always appears in the pic.

but it could be just dust on your window.

I'm pretty sure thats just dust or something. I didn't say they were chemtails, I don't believe in that stuff. The reason I took the pic is because I've never seen 7 or 8 trails all in one place at one time where I live. It was the amount of traffic that was unusual, not the trails themselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There was unusual traffic too where I live.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Southern Ireland?

Okay, the reason all the trails are together for that long like that is;

1) Commercial aircraft and Mil aircraft flying at specific altitudes fly in specific "jet lanes" in the sky.

2) Winds at that altitude push the contrails in whatever direction and speed the wind is moving at.

3) From your photo there is alot of moisture in the air, the higher the humidity of the air, the longer the contrail of the aircraft (moisture) will last.

It's perfectly normal, no chemtrails, no secret conspiracies, just normal airplanes flying one after another in the same direction.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah, there were "unusually" many contrails where I live too, maybe because the air in northern Europe is getting cooler after the summer.

[edit on 12-10-2004 by Niclas]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't understand why ppl are certain that chem trails don't exist.
I live near a major airport and the only time I have ever seen con/chem trails to the extent you see in those pics is when I watched 2 aircraft for over an hour going back and forth accross the sky making chem/con trials in a chequerboard patern.
That was NOT normal aircraft activity. I am an x aircraft mechanic and have extensive experience with this sort of thing, I know how con-trails act and they VERY RARELY last for more than a few minutes. So either they are spraying something, or the way our atmosphere works has changed in a big way. Either way something is up.
And i don't care what you say con trails do not linger for hours after they are made and spread out and join together into a "cloud" mass.
Unless you guys have some proof that chem trails do not exist pls keep an open mind about this.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Southern Ireland?

Okay, the reason all the trails are together for that long like that is;

1) Commercial aircraft and Mil aircraft flying at specific altitudes fly in specific "jet lanes" in the sky.

2) Winds at that altitude push the contrails in whatever direction and speed the wind is moving at.

3) From your photo there is alot of moisture in the air, the higher the humidity of the air, the longer the contrail of the aircraft (moisture) will last.

It's perfectly normal, no chemtrails, no secret conspiracies, just normal airplanes flying one after another in the same direction.

Yes, I know about the "jet lanes" and as I said, its not surprising to see some aircraft flying over on a fine day. But in over 20 years that I've lived here, I've never once noticed that many planes flying over within such a short space of time. There were no contrails visable after about 30 minutes after I took the pictures, so they werent hanging in the air for hours on end. Again, I do not buy into the chemtrail stuff, what I thought was unusal was why there was about 8 flights mostly on this path within a very short time when I've never noticed that before. I was thinking perhaps it might have been part of a troop redeployment from the Gulf, since, as I said before, a lot of the air traffic to the Gulf passes over here and Shannon is used to refuel US transports and chartered flights carrying troops.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I live in a city called laval which is in quebec near montreal. I spotted two black helicopters flying across the sky about two hours ago. This morning there was an unusual amount of traffic aswell. Lots of jets everywhere too.The Thing is about laval is you never spot two helicopters that seem of military origin flying across the sky right next to each other. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that something is being planned.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
No coincidence, I just looked outside and saw another set of black choppers slowly flying north of my apartment....I think there will be some Unusual lights in the sky tonight.

LL1

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
NY has been seeing the same type of air traffic, I did make mention of this several weeks ago. It has not been this heavy here since 9/11.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
these pictures look to be taken from an aircraft not from outside your home

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Don't want to debate chemtrails/contrails here. Just wanted to add, that there were ALOT of trails over the Denver metro area today. The persisted for several hours, and spread out gradually to create cloud cover. This is the most activity there has been here in a while, and I do keep track of it.

Tom Sawyer

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Did you notice solar flare activity on the same night, after the day?
Because I just did for the second time.

On one day of September, I noticed U shape chemtrails as in U-turn, as well as more than usual chemtrails during the day. The same night, there was an aurora borealis.

And last night, the same flares appeared: same greencolor, same sky area, same displaying patterns.
A cold wind rose up one hour after it began. After 3 hours, the flares were still up north. It seemed like the sun was rising from there at some peaks.

So, next time you spot unusual chemtrails and plane activity, check if there are ionized gases flares in the sky at night. It started at around 0:30 on both times for me.
I live in Eastern Canada, about the same lattitude than Ireland.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Desmond]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Picture taken from an airplane?

Huh? Well here is a picture with TV aerials on nearby rooftops in the shot.

Happy now?

[edit on 13-10-2004 by rangeroftheeast]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomSawyer
Don't want to debate chemtrails/contrails here. Just wanted to add, that there were ALOT of trails over the Denver metro area today. The persisted for several hours, and spread out gradually to create cloud cover. This is the most activity there has been here in a while, and I do keep track of it.

Tom Sawyer

Thats what I'm talking about, there just seemed to a big increase in traffic. And most of these flights which left those trails were heading back over the Atlantic to the states.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I saw this link on c2c today

Artificial clouds made by humans may become so common they change the Earth's climate. The long thin cloud streaks that dominate the above satellite photograph of Georgia are contrails, cirrus clouds created by airplanes. The exhaust of an airplane engine can create a contrail by saturating the surrounding air with extra moisture. The wings of a plane can similarly create contrails by dropping the temperature and causing small ice-crystals to form. Contrails have become more than an oddity - they may be significantly increasing the cloudiness of Earth, reflecting sunlight back into space by day, and heat radiation back to Earth even at night. The effect on climate is a topic of much research. You can help NASA measure the actual abundance of contrails by participating in a contrail counting exercise that runs over the next two days.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
EDIT..

Double post. SORRY

[edit on 13-10-2004 by netobrev]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join