It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Wine Festival called 'unforgivable sin' by Islamics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
OMG. It's the end of the world as we know it. The Israelis are deep in it now.

They will all bear "the mark of the grape". Whatever will we do?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am really amazed how people know about their own religion , the misunderstandings ,fanatic and bigoted extremists.

But nothing stops them from spreading division.

Why is that ?
edit on 18-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of Germany attempting to ban cutting off the heads of male babies penises and then having a rabbi use his mouth to suck the blood out of the males baby penis head and the Jews claiming it was an "Unforgivable sin".

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Perhaps the wine festival in a former mosque is just a reminder of wider ethnic cleansing and dispossession.

But it's NOT in a former mosque. It's next door to a building that used to be a prayer building back in the 1940s. That's it. It's not IN the building and even if it were .. it hasn't been a prayer building for a very very long time.

Originally posted by buster2010
You have no idea why Jesus turned water into wine do you?

Jesus and his apostles went to a wedding .. the wedding ran out of wine (AFTER they showed up ... wonder who drank all the wine??) ... Jesus Mother told Jesus that 'they ran out of wine' and then the wine steward to 'do whatever Jesus tells you to' ... Jesus turned the water into wine because the wedding ran out. They were drinking and having a good time.

That being said .. it was a wine festival. Some drinking and having a good time were sure to go on. But usually at wine festivals people go around taste testing a whole lot of different wines and then buy a few bottles of whatever they like best and take them home.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know it's not right.
I know that I'm bad.

But a table of bacon-flavoured wine would hit the spot.

Hee Hee,
Bacon wine,
Could that be served by a long haired skimpily dressed woman, singing a pop song, eating a pork chop, before sundown during Ramadan, on a Saturday.

Seriously though, isn't it easy to offend someone due to their 'beliefs'
Religion is a divisive cancer that has retarded humanity and ensured that peace on earth is impossible until only one remains.

Humans Eh? what are we like?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yeah well, the pharisees called Jesus a glutton and a drunkard. I hear Jesus made the best wine. If he was doing it, it can't be bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Bad. Dog.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To Islamists.. everything is outrageous... as it turns out.. even the existence of Israel as a nation which the President of Iran wants obliterated.

Peaceful them Islamists aye!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm just kind of wondering what business this is of the Arabs and why they figure they ought to have an opinion which matters either way? This is IN Israel, right? They aren't holding this on the Temple Mount or some other Religious site that would rightfully offend the non-alcohol values of the Muslims, correct?

So what is it about a % of Muslims that it doesn't even matter if a thing is happening within their eye sight...or whether anyone even gave thought to them at all. If it happens ANYWHERE and they hear about it...for a % anyway...it's offensive.

Well, hows this. That % of people is patently offensive to ME by simply stealing my oxygen and polluting my world with their presence. When they can stop spending time worrying about what everyone ELSE is doing and work on their OWN problems...and the M.E. has PLENTY of them....then we'll all be just that much happier, I'm sure.

By the way... ALl the above is logic for the rational, intelligent and thinking Muslims. Probably 95% of them. THIS:

The Islamic Movement, (also known as the Islamic Movement in 48 Palestine) is a movement aiming to advocate Islam among Israeli Arabs and does not accept the existence of Israel. The group said that even the publicity for the wine festival is an insult to Muslim sensitivities.

Disqualifies the whiners from the discussion before it even begins in my opinion. They've declared themselves to be among that very small radical Jihadi % and the world (and Islam) will be much better off without them

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I suppose a Bar-B-Que would be inappropriate also.
Killjoys.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is so so sad... When will those countries just grow up and get a grip to the time of the modern world..
edit on 18-8-2012 by Yellabelly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't know I don't find it any more than the normal Christians raging on Mosques being built, gay pride parades or some other such thing. It is just uptight folks having issues with people that just want to do their own thing really. Nothing new under the sun.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But your making rational observations. Religious people are many things liars, hypocrites, adulterers, child molesters and thieves but being rational and well reasoned is not typically one of them.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'm just kind of wondering what business this is of the Arabs and why they figure they ought to have an opinion which matters either way? This is IN Israel, right? They aren't holding this on the Temple Mount or some other Religious site that would rightfully offend the non-alcohol values of the Muslims, correct?

Let's just hope they don't take issue with something going on in NYC!
But Wait..........

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

But your making rational observations. Religious people are many things liars, hypocrites, adulterers, child molesters and thieves but being rational and well reasoned is not typically one of them.

Stereotype much?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's amazing how a book influences someone and that someone influences the masses...I think Facebook copied organized religion...lawsuit anyone?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thankfully when a Roman Catholic church is decommissioned (Sorry I don't know the proper term), the relic of a saint is removed from the altar. Then the building is no longer a sanctified place.

Many old churches in the Western New York area have had interesting new uses. Bars and nightclubs. Even one has a built in brewery. Residential housing. Sail boat storage, Factories, and other commercial uses.

Face it, Islam is just not a religion of tolerance.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why is it that most of your threads and posts cater to a strict anti-Muslim agenda? I have been following your posts for a while now and 90% of what you contribute is nothing more than propaganda in which is meant to demonize the Muslim faith.

The state of Israel is an unforgivable sin in it's own respect so what do you care about what some extremists from the other side have to say about a wine festival being held on stolen land. You are missing the bigger picture here, as usual.

Your sources aren't the best either, but they never are.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i can't help it, every time i hear or read the word wine.
it makes think of our old friend Mr. Bob Marly and this song.

enjoy

edit on 26-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Its Israel, its their tradition.

When in Rome-

That has soo many Freudian connotations....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join