It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus emergency declared in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
17 people die out of

Nearly half of the 693 human cases of the mosquito-borne West Nile virus infections reported this year to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have been in Texas.

while

Q. If I have West Nile Fever, can it turn into West Nile encephalitis?
A. When someone is infected with West Nile virus (WNV) they will typically have one of three outcomes: No symptoms (most likely), West Nile fever (WNF in about 20% of people) or severe West Nile disease, such as meningitis or encephalitis (less than 1% of those who get infected). If you develop a high fever with severe headache, consult your health care provider.
www.cdc.gov...

so you can only imagine how many dont report it. stay inside people!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by seethetruth
that's ok panic over got worried for you all my american cousins ,i dont mean its ok about the west nile but its not what i first thought , good luck with it hope you dont get it

Appreciated =) .. I think I'm ok.. it's more dangerous for the young and the elderly, most people who are in sound physical condition will experience nothing more than flu like symptoms..

It's people like my mother I worry about, she loves to tend her garden and she's in her mid 70s ..

I'm lucky in that mosquitos absolutely HATE me. I haven't gotten a mosquito bite in many years - and I go outside all the time. I guess it has something to do with my body chemistry, or something. My husband and 11-year-old daughter, on the other hand, are unfortunately magnets to mosquitos. It drives my husband crazy that he and I will be sitting outside right next to each other, and in 5 minutes time he will have 10 or more bites, and I have zip.

they must think you smell funny do you eat alot of garlic and chilli's

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

that's ok panic over got worried for you all my american cousins ,i dont mean its ok about the west nile but its not what i first thought , good luck with it hope you dont get it

Appreciated =) .. I think I'm ok.. it's more dangerous for the young and the elderly, most people who are in sound physical condition will experience nothing more than flu like symptoms..

It's people like my mother I worry about, she loves to tend her garden and she's in her mid 70s ..

I'm lucky in that mosquitos absolutely HATE me. I haven't gotten a mosquito bite in many years - and I go outside all the time. I guess it has something to do with my body chemistry, or something. My husband and 11-year-old daughter, on the other hand, are unfortunately magnets to mosquitos. It drives my husband crazy that he and I will be sitting outside right next to each other, and in 5 minutes time he will have 10 or more bites, and I have zip.

I do eat tons of garlic and chillies, but then, so does my husband.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

mmmm that is strange then im british living in southern spain and if i dont keep my garlic and chilli levels up they eat me alive ,maybe people need essence of you as a repellent

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by seethetruth

You do know that WNV has been here almost a decade, right?

Yes, but just last night, the media decided to break into our living rooms with new dope. Now they say that most mosquitos have it, and then tell you what to do if you get bit by one. Here are the symptoms, expected death rate etc....

It's pretty obvious that the germ war lever has been selected again, behind the curtain at Oz. This is because of all the pre-empts against the expected zionist (jewnited states) rape of Iran. It is punishment for being on to them.

The zionists are the rug pee-ers.

That rug really tied the room together.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Surely its people who have caught the virus and then traveled and then got bitten again by the mosquito's in a different area which are doing the spreading?

edit on 17-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Yes, but just last night, the media decided to break into our living rooms with new dope. Now they say that most mosquitos have it, and then tell you what to do if you get bit by one. Here are the symptoms, expected death rate etc....

It's pretty obvious that the germ war lever has been selected again, behind the curtain at Oz. This is because of all the pre-empts against the expected zionist (jewnited states) rape of Iran. It is punishment for being on to them.

i have read what you have said a couple of times now and still it does not make sense to me can you explain what you mean

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

At least they're not nihilists.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Surly its people who have caught the virus and then traveled and then got bitten again by the mosquito's in a different area which are doing the spreading?

As far as I know Mosquitoes carrying the virus lay eggs of infected Mosquitoes. So every time a carrier breeds there is more infected. And the little flying Lotharios breed a lot.

I seem to remember something about being able to breed out Dengue Fever from Mosquitoes after cracking the Genome. Hopefully they'll be able to do that with West Nile too.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

i have read what you have said a couple of times now and still it does not make sense to me can you explain what you mean

If we had total trapwire coverage, we would have seen who broke into our living rooms, and said that all mosquitos carry lethal virus and what to do (rug peeing) if you get a mosquito bite.

This is a common seasonal diversion which is little else but a thinly veiled extortion attempt, which is supposed to make us feel glad about having homes, and television monitors reminding us to stay inside them. This time, it's associated with the common knowledge that israel wants to take apart another of their enemies, using military might, while cloaked in the amerikan flag, the goodwill of which is now in the red, thanks to the MIC media. They're having trouble deciding on who gets the (s)election prize. Real trouble.

barry's pretty much a lame duck, they know it, but since he hit balls outta the park for them, he'll go unvetted again, esp. as they don't want any backlash for the illegitimate 'change'. rmoney gives the exciting option of another clean up in the ME, this time, Iran, as net-a-yahoo has already drooled his desire for another israeli backed holocaust.

When my car was broken into, last month, the cameras weren't fully connected, so I lost my walkman, some credence tapes, and a briefcase containing the Constitution, but there are no promising leads, because the special streetlights weren't installed yet.

The germ war stuff is a veiled reminder that if they don't get what they want, they will go deeper into the vault.

Rahm was under house arrest briefly for his role in the Joseph Moshe case. Look into to this and see if it doesn't make you cringe. I'm talking about UNCHECKED aggression, dude.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I live in central Texas. I walk a lot outside with my husband. We see dead birds often. So much so that I noticed it as odd . once in a while you know is expected but how many is crazy. It is like they just drop out of the sky. But I live very close to the largest military installation on the Earth, Fort Hood. Who know what is really up? There wasn't a real winter here this year.. lots of bugs and critters that would have normally died off with the cold didn't this year. Too d*mn hot to be outside any way
edit on 17-8-2012 by seeknoevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I got bit earlier... broad daylight... Screw MSM recommendations to be careful around dusk and dawn!

It's okay... If I don't post after a while you'll know what happened...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

mmmm that is strange then im british living in southern spain and if i dont keep my garlic and chilli levels up they eat me alive ,maybe people need essence of you as a repellent

LOLOL and a HAHAHA that struck my funny bone, and especially seeing your avatar say it!!!
On Topic: I know a secret, people. A really, really good one so please listen up...

In terms of bug repellant: Listerine is your new best friend. Yes, you heard me: Listerine. That yucky brown stuff you swish your mouth out with. Well, put the stuff in a spray bottle and mist yourself all over. Mist your front porch, your back door. Mist a gnat/mosquito/fly right out of the air. Works better than Raid, DEET, etc. Not poisonous to you, your child, or your pets, and will not stain your clothes, curtains, or furniture.

Why Listerine??? Glad you asked. It's the ingredient "Thymol" which is apparently a derivative of Oil of Thyme. (I just found that last part out when I searched for the following link, which confirms what I intended to say...) Thymol is a pesticide. (including fungicide and bactericide and virucide.) Source

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper
I got bit earlier... broad daylight... Screw MSM recommendations to be careful around dusk and dawn!

hope your ok and you dont get wnv not every single mosquito will have it so fingers crossed for you

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

LOLOL and a HAHAHA that struck my funny bone, and especially seeing your avatar say it!!!
On Topic: I know a secret, people. A really, really good one so please listen up...

In terms of bug repellant: Listerine is your new best friend. Yes, you heard me: Listerine. That yucky brown stuff you swish your mouth out with. Well, put the stuff in a spray bottle and mist yourself all over. Mist your front porch, your back door. Mist a gnat/mosquito/fly right out of the air. Works better than Raid, DEET, etc. Not poisonous to you, your child, or your pets, and will not stain your clothes, curtains, or furniture.

Why Listerine??? Glad you asked. It's the ingredient "Thymol" which is apparently a derivative of Oil of Thyme. (I just found that last part out when I searched for the following link, which confirms what I intended to say...) Thymol is a pesticide. (including fungicide and bactericide and virucide.) Source

well you live and learn theres me thinking it was just a mouth wash ,i will give that a try thanks for the tip

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
They are spraying to kill the blood sucking mosquitos, but in the process many beneficial insects will also die, including bees.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

hope your ok and you dont get wnv not every single mosquito will have it so fingers crossed for you

Thanks.
All I know is that the bugger was blue and metallic with black and white striped legs. Very pretty before I splatted him... Anyway, I'm still here and haven't had any ill effects from the mosquito assault.

On another note, thanks for the Listerine tip, new_here!
edit on 8/19/2012 by cassiper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

On another note, thanks for the Listerine tip, new_here!

You bet! Now, if we can get the trucks to start spraying Listerine to thwart the mosquito population, and farmers to start using Listerine instead of ridiculously poisonous pesticides, I believe we could revolutionize the health and well-being of the masses!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i just can't understand this, texas has such an outstanding health care record.....oh wait, that's only for people that can afford it. but you would think that they would have enough state tax revenue to...oh wait, they don't have state taxes...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeknoevil
I live in central Texas. I walk a lot outside with my husband. We see dead birds often. So much so that I noticed it as odd . once in a while you know is expected but how many is crazy. It is like they just drop out of the sky. But I live very close to the largest military installation on the Earth, Fort Hood. Who know what is really up? There wasn't a real winter here this year.. lots of bugs and critters that would have normally died off with the cold didn't this year. Too d*mn hot to be outside any way
edit on 17-8-2012 by seeknoevil because: (no reason given)

at least your free from all that pesky big gov'mnt...you got got big oil, big gas, big military...they're taking care of your state ...right?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join