It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Time Of Consecration Has Come

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

And your deficiency in Greek is showing again, the Greek word for a "man" implies a woman's own husband, not men in a general sense.

A women who has authority in the Church also has equal authority with or authority over her husband. No deficiency in Greek here just as there was none last time.

Lastly, the admonishing for women to remain silent in church doesn't really apply today, no longer do women sit on one side of the room and men on the other. Now husbands and wives sit together. You're not taking into account historical or cultural context. That's rule #1 of Biblical hemeneutics.

Trinitarians are always looking to add or subtract from Scripture. I'm not surprised.

Also, the woman was called a prophetess.. this was under the old covenant, she ministered daily in the temple before the gifts of the Spirit were given. Christ was just an infant at that time.

There was a gift of prophecy then also.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I do believe that we each have a "God shaped hole" that only God can fill . . .

A crude if not fitting analogy...

I think Susan's exhortation is challenging those with ears to hear and eyes to see to focus on God during this time to better tune that "God shaped space" to God's priorities.

I think Suzie and all the people like her, are feeding on the weak and vulnerable in a disgusting and vile way.

However, WHEN that "God shaped hole" (?C.S. Lewis' term?) is not filled with God,

If this were true, believers would be the most joy-filled group of people on the planet........

We were evidently created to WORSHIP something. Even brain research is beginning to say similar things.

While its true some folk are so submissive they require an authority figure, and others like to think of themselves as special and important to have a personal relationship with a being that created and rules the universe, to say that it is 'evident' that we were 'created to worship something' based entirely on your interpretation of a particular book...........is a giant waste of your time and mine.

Certainly some folks worship sex. That tends to turn sex into something shallow and mechanical . . . and to cheapen the participants.

Sex IS a mechanical process....always has been always will be. Amazing, fun, but entirely driven by hormones and instinct.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by truejew

This is borderline sexist. Not saying I believe the OP, but try to have a little more tact.
edit on 17-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

It is the truth.

No. It's not. St Paul spoke about prophetesses of God who were women in his NT time.

And, in Susan's case, her ministry to me personally has always proven Biblical and true.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
I thought this was a good page on female prophets in the Bible:

stronginfaith.org...

Deborah is of particular interest because she is the only mentioned female judge in the Bible:

en.wikipedia.org...

Absolutely indeed. Thanks for the links.

God seems to delight in messing people's presumptions and tidy little boxes they try to shove Him in.

He seems to enjoy messing with such rigidities a lot.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join