It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Time Of Consecration Has Come

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

A word of advice, saying "trust me" will bring the opposite reaction. Why trust a stranger, especially one telling you to do something contrary to your beliefs?

Anyway, it seems like all too personal advice which has no relevancy on this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
"Thou shall not worship false prophets" comes to mind when reading OP.

I don't recall any verse in the Bible saying that.

Though certainly ONLY GOD IS TO BE WORSHIPED.

The useful consideration is whether the prophecy is congruent with the whole of Scripture

AND

whether it comes true, or not.

It is my perspective that it is a genuine prophecy and will be fulfilled in due time.

Many folks are saying similar things with increasing sternness and alarm seemingly week by week the last month or so.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by BO XIAN

"We must quiet down in order to hear."

The mind is noisey. If it would shut up we would hear with our ears. And we would see with our eyes.

Mental noise has been a challenge to me all my life in my hearing from God.

I hear best when I'm sort of preoccupied with a task that doesn't require much of my mind--like taking a shower or doing the dishes or some such.

I find Susan's exhortation a fitting one in both timing and strategy to hear God at a very crucial point in these darkening days. I believe that folks who take the time to do even part of what she felt led to instruct . . . will be rewarded by God speaking more clearly to them than most might expect.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
reply to post by BO XIAN

Women who raise their selves to the ministry and their followers are usually full of hate towards men. I see you are one.

Do you not know, man is the head of woman? Women running around with their heads cut off, don't follow God.

I find those assertions antithetical

--to the whole of Scripture

--to my experiences of God

--to my experiences with Godly women--there are some--perhaps not in your world;

--to what God is doing in this era.

And, your assertions seem to have a flavor of . . . bitterness and hostility to them that is not very attractive and not very Biblical.

Yes, Men and Women are different and God has placed in them different gifts and foci . . . Praise God for that.

I have found Susan's Biblical ministrations to me personally to be top notch. And, in terms of the topic of the thread, I'd already felt led in a similar direction.

I believe that any true Believer who earnestly applies Susan's exhortation and seeks extra time and focus on God will be rewarded by God. That is Susan's very compassionate and Biblical goal. I support her in that and support her suggestions wholeheartedly.

Perhaps you're forgetting the Scripture about the man that doesn't listen to his wife will have his prayers hindered, unanswered.

1 Peter 3:7

The Message (MSG)

7The same goes for you husbands: Be good husbands to your wives. Honor them, delight in them. As women they lack some of your advantages. But in the new life of God's grace, you're equals. Treat your wives, then, as equals so your prayers don't run aground.

New Living Translation (NLT)

Husbands

7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Amplified Bible (AMP)

7 In the same way you married men should live considerately with [your wives], with an [a]intelligent recognition [of the marriage relation], honoring the woman as [physically] the weaker, but [realizing that you] are joint heirs of the grace (God’s unmerited favor) of life, in order that your prayers may not be hindered and cut off. [Otherwise you cannot pray effectively.]

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

to the OP,

Does Susie give specifics in her predictions? dates, times etc?

If so, could you give us one here in this thread that folk can follow?

I don't know any credible folks who articulate specific timelines. I believe that they WILL AT SOME POINT. I don't think we're at that point, yet.

Susan does not give specific times and dates that I've ever read.

Nevertheless, her pesonal prophetic messages to me have been accurate in their understanding of the spiritual and mental issues I was wrestling with . . . to an uncanny, very touching degree. She touched bull's eye direct on things I'd not hinted anything to her about.

And, this exhortation was smack in the middle of what I'd been feeling led to do something of already.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by BO XIAN

"We must quiet down in order to hear."

The mind is noisey. If it would shut up we would hear with our ears. And we would see with our eyes.

I think mental noise is a plague of our era. And certainly the enemy of our souls works hard to make that problem even worse.

Getting alone and quieting our hearts, minds and spirits toward an increased focus on God is a very healthy meditative thing to do. There are rewarding consequences for doing so. They include improved physical health as well as increased clarity in guidance for one's daily and life tasks.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Many folks are saying similar things with increasing sternness and alarm seemingly week by week the last month or so.

A person who takes the prophesies of others and makes them her own, is not a true prophet.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

And, your assertions seem to have a flavor of . . . bitterness and hostility to them that is not very attractive and not very Biblical.

No bitterness and hostility, just the truth.

Perhaps you're forgetting the Scripture about the man that doesn't listen to his wife will have his prayers hindered, unanswered.

Actually the verse says to honor your wife. I do believe a man should honor his wife. I also believe that when a woman raises herself to the position of prophet, she is rebelling against God and is a false prophet.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

A person who takes the prophesies of others and makes them her own, is not a true prophet.

Susan does NOT do that.

However, given that you seem to have ruled such true facts out as even a remote possibility, I'm fairly confident my poor words will not influence your constructions on reality as much as 0.000000000001%

I can pray that God enlarges your understanding according to HIS TRUTHS, HIS PERSPECTIVE, HIS PRIORITIES.

BTW, ALMIGHTY GOD

does

NOT merely have an "opinion" or a "perspective."

His construction on reality IS THE ONLY ONE.

Not just the only one THAT COUNTS.

It is the ONLY ONE PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I don't normally encourage folks to lop of parts of Scripture and pretend God is cool with that.

He's not.

The Scripture clearly indicates that the hubby that fails to wisely take into consideration his wife's inputs

WILL HAVE HIS PRAYERS HINDERED . . .

Denying the Biblical reality is not a good route to truth nor to intimacy with God.

Susan's hubby is in concert with her. She is a full-fledged partner in their ministry and tends to have, IIRC, most of the visions, dreams etc. and do a lot of the net and email communicating. However, they are a team and he also plays his role well--just not quite as constantly publicly as God has called her to.
edit on 18/8/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I don't normally encourage folks to lop of parts of Scripture and pretend God is cool with that.

He's not.

The Scripture clearly indicates that the hubby that fails to wisely take into consideration his wife's inputs

Denying the Biblical reality is not a good route to truth nor to intimacy with God.

I have never denied Biblical reality. There is a difference between honoring your wife and letting her rebel against God.

Susan's hubby is in concert with her. She is a full-fledged partner in their ministry and tends to have, IIRC, most of the visions, dreams etc. and do a lot of the net and email communicating. However, they are a team and he also plays his role well--just not quite as constantly publicly as God has called her to.
edit on 18/8/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

He will be judged by God for allowing his wife to rebel against God, just as Adam was.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The truth is there has been several.

Makes perfect sense, such opinions given on-line are rarely if ever shared IRL.....and when they are, there are consequences and repercussions

Our most basic and fundamental instinct is to serve God.

What do you think has occurred more frequently in the human experience, sex, or adherence to an extremely particular set of superstitions?

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

A word of advice, saying "trust me" will bring the opposite reaction. Why trust a stranger, especially one telling you to do something contrary to your beliefs?

It's a figure of speech, i.e to be taken figuratively, not literally....
edit on 18-8-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

No bitterness and hostility, just the truth.

Welllll, that's not how it comes across to this psychologist. You might ask Holy Spirit to show you if there's any bitterness and/or hostility HE would see as unfitting and destructive . . . which bitterness always is.

Actually the verse says to honor your wife. I do believe a man should honor his wife. I also believe that when a woman raises herself to the position of prophet, she is rebelling against God and is a false prophet.

Susan didn't RAISE HERSELF UP to anything.

God did.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

He's not.

I have never denied Biblical reality. There is a difference between honoring your wife and letting her rebel against God.

Twisting "that your prayers not be HINDERED" into = honoring

IS TWISTING GOD'S WORD to fit one's own notions and pseudo tidy little box, imho.

That's something Susan would NEVER do.

In my book, that puts her handling of Scripture and her closeness to Holy Spirit, ahead of yours.

And, it's an illustration of why I'd trust her discernment and her purported hearing a word from The Lord, over yours.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
What do you think has occurred more frequently in the human experience, sex, or adherence to an extremely particular set of superstitions?

LOLOLOL!

However, I do believe that we each have a "God shaped hole" that only God can fill . . .

and I think Susan's exhortation is challenging those with ears to hear and eyes to see to focus on God during this time to better tune that "God shaped space" to God's priorities.

However, WHEN that "God shaped hole" (?C.S. Lewis' term?) is not filled with God,

humans have an incredible capacity to

WORSHIP ALMOST ANY FOOL THING.

We were evidently created to WORSHIP something. Even brain research is beginning to say similar things.

Certainly some folks worship sex. That tends to turn sex into something shallow and mechanical . . . and to cheapen the participants.

I agree that the delicate profound dance of sex--as research indicates--is best in a lifelong committed monogomous relationship. AT least to the woman--most women--certainly all healthily reared women, it's just not worth the risk, otherwise.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Twisting "that your prayers not be HINDERED" into = honoring

I have not done that.

"7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered." (1 Peter 3:7-8 KJV)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Welllll, that's not how it comes across to this psychologist. You might ask Holy Spirit to show you if there's any bitterness and/or hostility HE would see as unfitting and destructive . . . which bitterness always is.

Still no bitterness there, just truth.

Susan didn't RAISE HERSELF UP to anything.

God did.

God does not call women to the ministry. 12 apostles. All were men.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

We just showed you by Paul's letters that women are called to ministry. He commends several in his epistles for their faithful word in the ministry. What about the prophetess who "served in the temple day and night" that saw the Christ as an infant when His mother and Joseph presented Him at the Temple?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

We just showed you by Paul's letters that women are called to ministry. He commends several in his epistles for their faithful word in the ministry. What about the prophetess who "served in the temple day and night" that saw the Christ as an infant when His mother and Joseph presented Him at the Temple?

I already answered that. There is a difference between gift of prophecy and prophet. Paul never says they are called to the five-fold ministry. That would contradict when Paul said that women should be silent in the Church and not have authority over men.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I see nothing in Ephesians 4 that precludes women from spiritual gifts or calling. And your deficiency in Greek is showing again, the Greek word for a "man" implies a woman's own husband, not men in a general sense. Lastly, the admonishing for women to remain silent in church doesn't really apply today, no longer do women sit on one side of the room and men on the other. Now husbands and wives sit together. You're not taking into account historical or cultural context. That's rule #1 of Biblical hemeneutics. Also, the woman was called a prophetess.. this was under the old covenant, she ministered daily in the temple before the gifts of the Spirit were given. Christ was just an infant at that time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join