It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found an Animal in my Bedroom.........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
About 5 nights ago I started to hear noises in the house, quite similar to a mouse or a rat running under the floorboards........

I was sitting at the pc in the lounge and I kept hearing scratching from somewhere in the house.....

I live in an old Victorian detached house that was built in 1887, in the West Midlands, UK, so there is so much space under the floorboards even I could live under there.....

I took the bath apart to see it it was there................No joy.......

Took the carpet and floorboards up in the hallway and the bedroom..............No joy........

Looked everywhere I could without tearing the house apart........

Then the following day I went into the airing cupboard in the bathroom to get a bath towel and then I was really peed off.......

On the inside of the cupboard door I have an old movie poster of Scarface, basically I put it there because I ran out of poster frames and wall space and I just wanted to hang it somewhere. Anyway, getting back to the point, half of the poster from the middle down had all been chewed off and was all in bits inside the cupboard on the floor........

Then last night I was sitting at the pc in the lounge and I heard the scratching noise again.....

I went into the hall and I could hear the noise right by my foot....

Just by the skirting board there is an old gas pipe and behind the gas pipe was a small hole about 2 inches wide and a small pink nose sticking out and was gnawing at the carpet....

I guessed that it wasn't a mouse because mice tend to run away if they see a human......

I tried to touch it through the gap and it started hissing at me......

Anyway about 5 minutes later it disappeared again and I never heard a thing, I just decided that the following morning I would go out and find some kind of trap or something to see if I could catch the intruder......

Anyway at around 2.15 this morning I could here the scratching again. I got up but couldn't see anything so I went back to bed with the thought of mouse traps on my mind....

Fifteen minutes later my girlfriend woke me up with a bit of a scream and was pointing in the dark towards the bedroom door where there was something running around on the floor. I put the light on and sitting on the carpet was what I thought was a rat, ooooh, I hate rats, but it never ran off it just stood there looking at us.......

Then my girlfriend got out of bed and went over and picked it up and started stroking it's head and started talking to it like the mad woman she is and told me that what she was holding was a Hamster and it was similar to the one she had when she was a child........

Now I know that we have mice and rats here in the UK, but where the hell does a Hamster come from?

Any ideas folks................

He now lives in an old bread bin and he is eating all the Muesli..........

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Looks like a hamster to me.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Looks like a hamster to me.

~Heff

Yeah Heff,

I think both you and the missus are correct in saying it is a Hamster, but I hate the things.......I have hated rodents ever since I went to a lavatory in the underground in London and the lights were out and I went to sit on the seat and there was a rat under my bum............Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh, makes me shudder now, bloody horrible things...................

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
He's a cute little fella', I'll give him that.

Hamsters are pretty awesome.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I used to work for a company that supplied pet stores, across the southeastern US with fish and small mammals, including hamsters. I've got years of experience handling them and can give you this advice...

If it's a biter - it will ALWAYS be a biter.

If it hasn't been aggressive and toothy yet? Then it'll be no hassle at all. They're actually a lot smarter and more affectionate than most people would think... as long as it's not a biter.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
He's a cute little fella', I'll give him that.

Hamsters are pretty awesome.

He wouldn't have been very cute if I had put the traps down would he?......hahaha

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Probably someone's escaped pet. Maybe you should ask around. Someone might be looking for it.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Probably someone's escaped pet. Maybe you should ask around. Someone might be looking for it.

Yeah, maybe I should put posters up on telegraph poles.....haha.........................I thought a cat or some other animal would have devoured him in no time.............

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Awwwwwwwwww, he's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
I was going to guess a squirrel until you revealed this little guy. It is adorable! Does the wife want to keep it as a pet? How can you hate rodents? Those little sweet faces and soft fur...got to love 'em.
I couldn't see the tail in the photo. If it's long, it's a mouse.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow, just took another look. Those are unusual and pretty color combos. can I have him?
yeah it has to be someone's pet if it is a hamster.

years ago I used to hear scurrying above my head and around the walls. I knew it wasn't my cats. Thought there were rats running around until we discovered it was a squirrel. Should have charged him rent.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
He;s cute, don't hurt him.

Get him a cave and a wheel.

edit on 17-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
davethebear

Your little hamster is just adorable and they make great pets all you need is a small cage and a wheel for exercise,food and water i hope you keep him it wont be long and you will just love him
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
davethebear

Your little hamster is just adorable and they make great pets all you need is a small cage and a wheel for exercise,food and water i hope you keep him it wont be long and you will just love him
peace,sugarcookie1

But...but, he hates rodents.

How can you look at that sweet little face and not fall in love with the precious little thing?

edit on 17-8-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

If he's a biter???

I honestly have hamster/gerbil scars! Don't let their small size fool ya... Those little guys can tear ya up!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Awwwwwwwwww, he's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
I was going to guess a squirrel until you revealed this little guy. It is adorable! Does the wife want to keep it as a pet? How can you hate rodents? Those little sweet faces and soft fur...got to love 'em.
I couldn't see the tail in the photo. If it's long, it's a mouse.

No it's definitely a Hamster.........

As I wrote earlier, my hate of rodents started some years ago when I went to a toilet in the London underground in the dark and there was a rat sitting on the toilet seat when I went to sit down...........Oooooh, still puts shivers up my spine thinking about it now.................

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Seems as though everybody has fallen in love with the Hamster, I am still trying to find out where he came from.........I think even my girlfriend loves the Hamster more than she loves me now.....haha.....Oooh, jealousy is a terrible thing.....

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Maybe some kids are looking after him over the school holidays and have lost him. I remember looking after the schools hamster and losing him down the back of the boiler. Have you got kids as neighbors?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Totally OT... Great to see you Wood!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Totally OT... Great to see you Wood!!!

You too man, missed you round these parts. Ever since you became a Mod it it's like where did heff go. Do they send you off for training and the like.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Naw... see wha happened was that I came out of my room and saw a hamster, freaked out, and spent 16 months standing on my bed waiting for it to go away - as I have no girlfriend presently, nobody came to save the day ( This was my sad attempt at comedy and being OT... the truth is I just got tight on $ and had to let the 'Net go for awhile to make ends meet.)

~Heff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join