It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Room Surveillance - Coming to you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Obviously they DON'T want to spy on terrorists but on innocent citizens!

Terrorists chat on the internet in the same way other criminal groups do, and that is in key protected and/or invite-only chat channels on fully encrypted privat IRC (Internet Relay Chat) networks.
Or do they think terrorists are too stupid for that???

Kay

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Kay_S]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Good God,

There have been government fingers diddling around in the internet since it was created.

They have always had the ability to do what ever they want. They have always had technology one step ahead of any that we know of at the time, look how many research projects are dependent on them for financing. They would most assuredly be first in line to get whatever results were generated. It's just a matter of how much they let out, a little at a time, to keep people on their toes and frightened of the almighty government.

terrorist bush iran conspiracy bomb nuke suitcase destroy satan kill

There, that out to get their attention!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

No, they aren't technologically one step ahead of us (and they never were) - not on the internet! .. But they love us to believe that

Kay

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Kay_S]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think its gonna be more than just chat rooms.Senator Joe Lieberman .I think is his name,is trying to pass a bill ,that will be censoring the whole internet.If I run across the source agin Ill post it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
www.technewsworld.com... Theres better links than this just the first one I ran across

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
The Governement is funding a year long study on chat room surveillance. The possibilty that terrorists are hiding in plain view, in public chat rooms
Jemison

Just another excuse to spy on people.Terrorists don't need chat rooms.

They probably just use cryptic codes and slang words in plain view.

pgp is unbreakable in 300 days.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
this is not news. this is yet another made-up non-news "news" story released for some other purpose. "they" have been monitoring chatrooms since chatrooms existed. all the inteligence agencies were in the CNN chatroom on 9/11 (in fact, they probably opened it) and hauled people into private for questionning and even visited their homes.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join