It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm losing my mind! Who's with me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My guess is tap water. If you're drinking tap water your f'd. A recent Harvard study determined that fluoride lowers IQ and I bet it also contributes to memory loss. Tap water contains fluoride in most cities. Google it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seeknoevil

look up the woodpecker affect

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
25% of all the people in the uk will get dementia glad to read this post as i thought it was me i can remember every book i have read but i cannot remember peoples names

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I forget...what were we talking about?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Do you have any silver fillings in your teeth? Silver fillings are actually mercury that cause a whole bunch of problems and are commonly overlooked.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

well I don't know how you take things like what I will suggest but hopefully with a grain of salt and not completely as baloney.

Well....as consciousness expands....and our link to a collective mind is reactivated , we merge into a global /universal grid that is meant to accelerate our mental state to vibrate properly and tune into a global /universal source consciousness.

What that means is that our bioelectric field emanating from our brain that is extended through our bodies, that are themselves an extension of this field and organ, is being aligned to the organisms bioelectric field that is our planet.

Our perception of space time is skewed as a result...what is lost is what interferes with that process....like a snake shedding its skin.

Don't worry about it since what it also means is that you have properly regained other aspects of your mind / soul

that were dimmed down to accommodate the lower vibrational frequencies that those thoughts generated.

Other "lights" have been turned on upstairs....give it time and let it sink in.

The switch has been flipped and your field is generating more energy now and you will be able to use it.

Space time is an anchor in this reality we live. Once enough of us are liberated of it we will resettle in our new frequencies then properly in tune with source consciousness. The planet itself will reflect this change and we will change our very DNA for many generations to come. Our DNA is in constant flux...science will admit this.

What that also means is that the genetic memory is subject to change as well....as our environment changes we change and can change our environment as a result....THAT is evolution.

we are having growing pains....no worry. At least we grow and can adapt to the world that will be....

I hope you don't think me a Lune.....please just be easy....all is well, that much you can be sure of.

edit on 16-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I'm almost 50. I lost my mind years ago.

But

There is a difference between dimentia and forgetfulness.

Forgetfulness is losing your car keys.

Dimentia is trying to start your car with a melon rind.

One suggestion, OP.

Try reading. That actually stimulates a variety of areas in the brain.

Good luck and god bless.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You may of hit that plateau long way where you were contented. Unless you have new challenges to push your brain to a new level then reverse motion may prematurely start. I have no medical qualifications so that was a wild satb in the dark as to the cause.
edit on 16-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: I keep clicking this mouse and the car wont start.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
One time I had a phase where I didn't understand my memory and this made me forget easily or created a blockage in my mind making it harder to retrieve memories, just the fear of not being able to retrieve something in a matter of seconds. Then I started to question the mechanisms and made something up which made sense to me just by question and answering.

Nowadays I just sit a few moments each day and try to imagine myself storing and retrieving memories using a mental calendar and then the place where the event in my memory happened. The latter I've added recently after reading a scientific report about how memory is probably stored or retrieved based on location. Like the information which was taken in during school, it might be easier to associate the class room to trigger that one tidbit of information between billions of memory cells.

I'd estimate I'm slightly better than average, I usually don't care very much about details like clothing, in fact the more abstract the memory 'imprint' the faster it appears to retrieve allowing me to focus on other things like what another meant to say, what kind of reactions I had, what kind of reactions I thought I perceived in the other, how to integrate what information on which subject.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is it me or do people seem less open minded while stating to be open minded?

I heard cross word puzzles were good for the brain. ..
I have never felt so misunderstood in my entire life. Well maybe once a long time ago.

edit on 16-8-2012 by seeknoevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My memory is weird.

I can remember pages from a book in high school page by page by closing my eyes. I remember taking tests in highschool and even college, i would just look at the question close my eyes and turn the pages of the book and find the answer. I never really read the books, just took "screen shots of the pages" and stored them in my memory. I could not read the pages, because i have a problem with word order with in the sentence, and sentence structure within the paragraphs. I can still do this some what today but at less extent.

The memory portion of my mind that keeps track of location and directions is very fascinating. My freinds and I would try to get me lost. We would get in a car, I would put a blind fold on and my freind would change the speed, direction of the car, and go out into the middle of nowhere. After about 30min drive he would stop the car, on some back road surround by corn feilds. I would then take the blind fold off and retrace the cars journey back to where we started. This did not work 100% of the time but roughly around 80% i could do this.

The problem I have with my memory is I do not remember names. If I don't work with a person on a regular basis, or lost contact with the person, in as little as a week I forget them. I can see their face, but have no idea why i know them, or who they are.

I only remember bits and pieces of my child hood from 10years old back. I always just say it was because of the car that hit me when I was 9. My cousins would start talking about something we did when we were kids, I have no clue what they are talking about. I have to just have faith they are telling the truth.

But yeah as of late, my memory has been going crazy. I been having a hard time remembering anything. My wife asks me all the time if I did some chore or task she asked me to do, I stare at her confused, not even remembering she asked me to do it. At work if i don't write stuff down, and make notes, I will just forget and start working on some other tasks. It does get really annoying. Personally i have had a lot of head trama, at least 5 concussions in my life. But the last one was over 15 years ago.

I think most people now are having memory issues, becasue everything is remembered for us. I use my cell to hold all my numbers, email address, home address, facebook and outlook tells me when someones birthday is. If i need to know some information I google it. I don't have to remember anything becasue its all electronic now.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yep even the old timers have a better memory than me. Im blaming the flouride and the alluminium lodged in the nerve endings of my brain shorting out my synapses. I swear i can actually feel my trail of thought stuttering and breaking sometimes.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I'm in my early fifties, and I've noticed I can't remember things like I used to. I don't know whether it's age related or just me. I forget words I want to say or the names of some students I had just last year. I've been noticing a lot of mental blocks.

I'm a teacher, and I'm under a lot of mental stress during the school year. Every time I bring this up with my doctor, he relates it to my stress on the job. I personally don't think its related to stress.

It seems my short term memory isn't like it used to be. I have times where I'm searching for something at home and walk into another room and I have to ask myself, what am I looking for again? Than it will pop into my head again.

I've also noticed my wife doesn't remember things like she use to. She relates her memory loss to her hysterectomy she had 4 years ago.

What's weird is I can remember a lot of small incidents during my childhood years. When I meet with my childhood friends and bring up something that happened between us years ago, they can't recall it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Try reading. That actually stimulates a variety of areas in the brain.
reply to post by beezzer

That's what I use ATS for. I figure the more I read and write the more I exercise my brain.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I know the feeling, though for me it's not just the past few years. My whole life seems to be like that.

Originally posted by LittleVoice731

I can barely recall high school or really any other grade school related things. I remember some people, but I think that is only because I still know them presently, and even things like the prom is only a flash in my mind. I recently started forgetting what I was going to say, look up on google or even how to spell the simplest of words.

Most of the time I feel like I am walking around in a fog.

^ This is how I feel all the time. I will admit I'm not the healthiest person, but I'm in my mid-20's and it should be easier to remember what I did a yesterday, let alone a week ago.

A line from a Chili Pepers song always stuck a cord with me: "The more I see the less I know, the more I like to let it go." Kinda figured that's how it works for me.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
OP I truely believe the memory loss you and others are experiencing is a result of the world we live in today.Think about an average day for the average person. Most jobs now have been scaled back to the point no one works without multi-tasking throughout the work day. Then we go home and try to take care of everything at home which results in more multi-tasking. I believe with all of the multi-tasking most of us are on automatic pilot. and we go through the motions not reallly committing anything to memory. Have you ever been driving in your car and suddenly realize you don't remember passing familar landmarks along your way? The more we do things automatically the less we remember doing them.
Here's an example: A few years ago when I still watched TV regularly I was hooked on a comedy show. I watched it every evening ( I was catching up through the reruns shown every night) A co-worker watched the same show. While talking the next day at work I said, "Oh did you see such and such last night?" "no" he says "What was it about." My mind completely drew a blank! I felt like and idiot. Luckily, my phone rang and that was the end of the conversation. Things we do every day without thinking to much about them just seem to get lost in the gray matter.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have been noticing this myself; my memory just is not what it used to be. But then even my 13 year old says the same thing…that spooked me.

I blame a bit of technology, maybe fluoride but I had just thought it was getting older.
My thoughts are little more jumbled and my grammar which was never good to begin with is getting worse.

Reminds me of the Stephen King short story the End of the Whole Mess…
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh well at least we won’t remember it…

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I personally think that it is just because the world is moving too fast now days and we have so much going on around us.

I believe I read somewhere:

Because your brain has so much stimuli and input from our environment that it kinda filters out what is important to remember and whats not so important. I think with us being bombarded with so much these days that the brain just maybe has trouble deciding what to store.

Factor in the chemicals in our food, healthcare products, the air, medications and of course there is the fluoride in our water debate.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Here is a list of foods that do help peoples memory; another food that I recommend not on that list is (organic virgin coconut oil). Link: www.naturepacific.com...

Link: www.healthdiaries.com... (list of ten foods)

You have said that you eat healthy already; I am just wondering how much you eat daily of the foods on the list.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was going to give you some advice but I've forgotten what it was ;P

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join