It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm losing my mind! Who's with me?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

You're not alone OP....I know exactly what you are saying. I too have noticed changes in my memory over the last 2 years and when I've asked people if they've experienced it as well, they say that they have and that they have also heard a lot of people say they've noticed others in their circle that have had memory issues lately as well. I don't know what could be causing it but it's not your imagination. I've heard that hormones could possibly be to blame. I'll sometimes get this awful brain fog where I'll go completely blank on a simple word like "dog" for example. It's embarrassing when you're trying to have a conversation with someone and you just go blank and can't think of a simple word like that. I'm female and I don't smoke, drink or take drugs either. Whereabouts are you located OP? I'm in the northeastern US.
Have you been feeling a difference in time? As if it's going by much faster over this past year or two?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

well I don't know how you take things like what I will suggest but hopefully with a grain of salt and not completely as baloney.

Well....as consciousness expands....and our link to a collective mind is reactivated , we merge into a global /universal grid that is meant to accelerate our mental state to vibrate properly and tune into a global /universal source consciousness.

What that means is that our bioelectric field emanating from our brain that is extended through our bodies, that are themselves an extension of this field and organ, is being aligned to the organisms bioelectric field that is our planet.

Our perception of space time is skewed as a result...what is lost is what interferes with that process....like a snake shedding its skin.

Don't worry about it since what it also means is that you have properly regained other aspects of your mind / soul

that were dimmed down to accommodate the lower vibrational frequencies that those thoughts generated.

Other "lights" have been turned on upstairs....give it time and let it sink in.

The switch has been flipped and your field is generating more energy now and you will be able to use it.

Space time is an anchor in this reality we live. Once enough of us are liberated of it we will resettle in our new frequencies then properly in tune with source consciousness. The planet itself will reflect this change and we will change our very DNA for many generations to come. Our DNA is in constant flux...science will admit this.

What that also means is that the genetic memory is subject to change as well....as our environment changes we change and can change our environment as a result....THAT is evolution.

we are having growing pains....no worry. At least we grow and can adapt to the world that will be....

I hope you don't think me a Lune.....please just be easy....all is well, that much you can be sure of.

edit on 16-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

I think you might possibly be on to something. Over these past 2 years I've been feeling a strong urge and curiosity to seek out knowledge...as I do just that, I feel like I am in an "awakening" process. I seem to see 11:11 everywhere from my clock to receipts (which I had never heard the stories behind that number prior to seeing it) and I feel a strong sense like something big is on the verge of happening.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

We dear heart, the energies are increasing!!!!!
It is not important to remember every detail of the past because one should live in the now moment. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything, but we are changing the codes of the matrix we live in. The New Age has dawned and the past is just that, the past. Focus more of your attention on love and holding the highest vision of what you want your life to become instead of how your life has been. Just go on with a smile because we are being upgraded on a cellular level and our genetics are changing. We are evolving to a more harmonious species.

With Love and Light

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What was the OP about?
me too

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Your not losing your mind, there are memorable moments in our lives and not so memorable moments in our lives. Even the smartest of people require a nudge from time to time to refresh their memory. Take your computer for example, it only has so much space available to store information, when you reach it's limit it bogs down and under performs...what do you do when this happens? You get rid of the garbage, you compress files, you add new software/ learn new ways to better compute the information already stored. While your brain is capable of storing and sorting through considerably more data in a given period of time it still requires maintenance from time to time.

Read...not comic books but real books, books that are relative to your line of work that can help you better yourself while stimulating your brain. Pay attention to your diet, what are you eating on a daily basis? Have you heard the term, "you are what you eat?" Junk in junk out etc. Your body really is a temple, mind, body, soul, the better you take care of yourself the better you will feel both mentally and physically.

Trust me there is not some mass world wide conspiracy out there to make the General Public idiots....we are all idiots to begin with and the beautiful thing is it's never to late to learn. Feed and nurture that mind of yours you may be surprised with how smart you really are.

Oh and monitor your intake of Alcohol, ##SNIPPED##. For most....excessive intake of these substances can impair your mental and physical growth.

...and age. Are you getting old? If so mental stimulation is key, if you can't keep stimulated yor will become a vegetable. At least that's what granny used to tell me. I would tell her I want to become a carrot if I turn into a vegetable. LOL
edit on 8/16/2012 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Aug 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

"There is plenty of evidence that low intensity electromagnetic energy causes long term AND short term memory loss that can and often is permanent. I mean, we're talking about having our brain waves scrambled for at least a short period of time by a weakened terrestrial magnetic field and God only knows what a magnetic pole flip will do to our brain wiring!

We are looking at a global memory wipe. A true scenario of hitting the reset button.

The memory loss will probably be preceded by a mass fit of epilepsy and loss of conscious control over the nervous system (so you can forget about swimming). When all is said and done, should you survive, you will likely come to your senses to find you have no memory of anything: your name, how to speak, read, or write your language..."
www.disclose.tv...

"Pole Shift: Shift in Consciousness and other physical changes"

JESUS SAVES...
The Coming of the Son of Man

25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” LUKE Ch. 21

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Forgetting is also a side-effect resulting from long-term exposure to familiar conditions. As these conditions grows more and more predictable, your brain finds it less and less necessary to retain those informations.
Well put there Swan guy

I agree 100%
engaging in new adventures, going places, meeting new people and generally taking on challenges (within reason) stimulates the brain and improves both cognitive abilities and memory............I think??
To much change can cause stress and anxiety causing depression which for me brings on absent-mindedness. The absent-mindedness actually being due to dwelling on the problem or worry and not paying attention to the here and now.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

engaging in new adventures, going places, meeting new people and generally taking on challenges (within reason) stimulates the brain and improves both cognitive abilities and memory............I think??

I do believe that is exactly how it is.
BTW I love you signature.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You are definately not alone. I sometimes feel like I'm getting closer and closer to losing it.

I forget the simplest things, like where I put the keys, then I have to go on a hunt to find them. Also forget things I need at the grocery store, sometimes even when they're on a list. (Scandalized by increasing prices I would think).

Long term memory is not good, but that's o.k. haven't had exactly the best life around, some things are better forgotten. I never did anything really bad,that I would definately remember, still have a conscious, that tells me right from wrong, just haven't had the kind of experiences really worth remembering.

link   

You are definately not alone.

I forget the simplest things, like where I put the keys, then I have to go on a hunt to find them. Also forget things I need at the grocery store, sometimes even when they're on a list. (Scandalized by increasing prices I would think).

Long term memory is not good, but that's o.k. haven't had exactly the best life around, some things are better forgotten. I never did anything really bad,that I would definately remember, still have a conscious, that tells me right from wrong, just haven't had the kind of experiences really worth remembering.

link   

You are definately not alone.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is what happens when you get older. My Dad does the same.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Eat some tinned tuna instead, it's got sorta the same amount of minerals and fats as those capsules and that - but the smell and sloppy tin you left somewhere won't let you forget that you ate it. Nor the comments from your partner, having her complain of your foul breath.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Hi

I've had the same symptoms that you're describing since about 2008, started light and grew worse over time. As of about 2 weeks ago the "brain fog" has lifted and the "cure" was very simple, cut wheat, barley and rye out of your diet, go gluten free. Evidently modern wheat has been modified to have extra gluten and it is not compatible with our bodies. You might want to pick up a book titled, "Wheat Belly". I feel like I have my life back, hope it helps you too.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
maybe things are getting monotonous in your life and need to change up things, play a different game, listen to different music, mix up routine or something, you can get bored of doing the same thing. Otherwise there memory boosters like gingko biloba, also rosemary/essential oil is good for helping memory loss.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
my memory is terrible now. it's been getting REALLY bad in the last year but i think it started 2 yrs ago. it's so bad that i have started to worry. i'm not a drug user and i'm pretty healthy. the other thing that happened around the time i started to have severe memory issues..... i developed arthritis. it kind of came out of nowhere and affects my hands and feet. i'm only 42 (not young but not OLD either). the memory loss was first and then about 6 months ago the arthritis set in almost over night. i'm pretty sure it's RA.

You should most definitely look up the connections between celiac/gluten sensitivity and RA, once again the treatment is a gluten-free diet. I had relief within a few days.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Feed your brain and get enough sleep.

Concentrate on a larger nutrient-filled breakfast and lunch.

Quote:

"As mentioned earlier, breads and fruits do well. Vegetables do much of the same good as fruit. Glucose levels alter during cooking so sticking to a salad may be better. Think about adding an egg to the mix. Egg yolk is a leading source for choline, a nutrient that, recently, has been proven to boost brainpower by speeding up the sending of signals to nerve cells in the brain.

If possible, a larger lunch is better than a big dinner; use your time after work to rest and eat lightly. Although you could prepare for the next 6-8 hours of fasting – otherwise known as sleep – by stocking up on food, this can disrupt your sleep. A lighter meal before bed will lead to an easier and deeper sleep. Stick to a good breakfast and lunch to get keep you fed.

Fish is high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which builds gray matter and cell membranes. Reportedly, these fats can also help emotional balance and a positive attitude throughout life. And you already know, stay away from junk food.
Ending lunch with a yogurt helps produce neurotransmitters, improving signals amongst neurons. Complementing this with nuts [particularly walnuts] balance omega-3 acids with omega-6′s while neutralizing blood sugar levels."

www.lifehack.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
OP:

A good friend of mine has the same problem. She does not have a land line and is on her cell phone probably 8 hours straight away during the course of any given day. I'm suspicous about the long term effects of cell phone use. Anyway, I rarely talk on mine for more than a few minutes a day because I don't trust them to be safe.

She has a piece of paper stuck to her fridge with a magnent that says "I have gone out to find myself, if you should find me before I return, please keep me here safe."

There are many days when I think she's really ready for the nut house, yet I continue to help her as often as time permits because she really is lost most of the time. She's a human being and worthy of someone to talk to and love her unconditionally... I just wish that her own children would step up to the plate and help out. She's old, but not old enough to require assisted living.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Just to clarify...

edit on Fri Aug 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
My memory is bad. Really bad! Recently, I was sharing my frustrations about my memory with an older friend and she said, "It isn't just you, honey. It's nearly everybody I know."

If you do a lot of web surfing you'll lose your memory. The practice of "clicking" to flit about the internet and look at all sorts of various things, reduces the brain's need to "retain" stuff. So, the brain gets lazy. To get back your memory, disconnect from the internet for about a year. And you'll start using that part of your brain again. The brain is just a muscle, and like all the muscles in your body, the particular muscles you use, you strengthen, and what you don't use gets weaker. Right now you're using the "internet" as your memory. So, the brain's own memory is suffering from lack of use. Another symptom is Attention Deficit Disorder, where you can't focus on things for long, you need to "jump" to another thing, all caused by that "mouse" and the "web".

The brain is changing to adapt to the new environment:

www.oddlytogether.com...

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join