It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I go to hell?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Does your reply make sense? Not really. You too have not addressed the question...Since we are all sinners, do we then all go to Hell?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by MamaJ

Does your reply make sense? Not really. You too have not addressed the question...Since we are all sinners, do we then all go to Hell?

Oh well... Maybe read it again. Lol

I have addressed the question in this thread already you just werent around. :-)

I dont mind telling my view again.

There are many dimensions/ heavens/ mansions in the realm of spirit which may indeed be a level of despair . I dont think we stay there... We have time to recollect before being reincarnated again. Its a cleanser for the spirit before it enters a more purified realm. What may appear as hell is a fire of love that cleanses and erases any impurities of the spirit via the tainted flesh and blood.

Eta... I think what matters the most is how your flesh overcame the world and the evolved spirits effect. How it weighs out may determine the realm you find yourself in before a life review.

I also think we choose to come as to perfect the blood and spirit for unity and not division.
edit on 19-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Is that the light that we will see upon death and should enter?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Did you see my post referring to mansions? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nde prove an experience beyond this realm in my opinion of study and research. They also correspond with the Bible in regards to the many mansions and science discovery of many dimensions.

Dimensions unseen to us can be felt and detected.

With thats said it makes sense to me some may see a light and get sucked to it while some may have to be purified a little more to see the light and feel embraced by it.

The Bible said Jesus went there.... At some point in time I believe we are all shown the love of fire throughout our evolvement process.

Its a system, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by MamaJ

Did you see my post referring to mansions? Just curious.

I sure did, I was about to join in on that idea too. Lol

I'm thinking it's possible the Universe/Planets we see inhabits other life forms of reincarnation from the spirit.

Is it possible that's the other dimensions science says is here within this realm? Not likely. We here on Earth have a school that inhabits realms of their own once the life of the body is over.

What's even possible is each planet could have their own " school", like Earth whereas the spirit is always learning and evolving back to the Godhead.

My mind always goes deep into a rabbit hole so it would be no surprise to me if what I typed in the above paragraph is misunderstood or vague. If that's the case I can try to use my words to better explain my ideas that are possible through my personal logic. :-)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What if these extra dimensions are everyday things that we never really realize are there? Things we don't normally associate with dimensions? Like time being the fourth dimension then our conscience being the fifth and individuality being the sixth, so on and so forth?

I'm just throwing ideas out there, not really setting anything in stone.

edit on 19-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by MamaJ

What if these extra dimensions are everyday things that we never really realize are there? Things we don't normally associate with dimensions? Like time being the fourth dimension then our conscience being the fifth and individuality being the sixth, so on and so forth?

I'm just throwing ideas out there, not really setting anything in stone.

edit on 19-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah.... Love ideas... They are inspiring for sure.

The human has come a long way however we have a long way to go understanding whats in front of us that we cannot see.

Its possible time is only in this realm and another realm being completely different im regards to laws that govern said dimension.

Id like to think we all always have free will to choose.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

It was not sarcasm, but rather a conclusion in my mind. Your theory is delivered well, however, you did not address the issue of sinning as being something which we do naturally. As for the topic of this discussion, Hell, if we are to believe that all sinners go to Hell, then what conclusion am I to draw?
No, I don't address the "issue of sinning". Just for simplicity I am posting your earlier comment here.

So, let me make some sense of this. God made us as we are, complete with ego, sexual desire for reproduction or otherwise, and with a will of our own, which, if we do what is natural and God-given, we then sin.
To start, I don't subscribe to the use of the term "sinning". I may be alone in thinking the phrase "sin causes death" would mean something leading to a complete break from God. We were all dead in our sins, says Paul, but we have been reconciled to God through Jesus. This creates an environment where we can lead lives not of sin but to life. This does not mean we cease to be able to fail in keeping to the standards we know is expected of a righteous like, but the connection is unbroken despite those failings and it is a back and forth line of communication that flows through the spirit.

As for "natural", that is like the wild beast running amuck, so to speak, which is a way to visualize how the universe was created among a tremendous force to do the otherwise impossible to take inert mass and put it into motion to be like a living organism within which we exist as bodily participants. The total sum of what we are is not the physical which creates that interaction with the material world.
It is not especially the fault of anyone in particular that the universe is this harsh and unfeeling thing that does not take note of our passing. This is my way of coming to terms with the undeniable reality and how it (usually) falls in the lap of God as who is to blame, which is to go back to the base of philosophy which is integral with religion but a sort of pre-religion knowledge, that as the universe was forming, the collective broke up and dispersed into it, to where there was no longer this thing that was the thought in the void, so what was started became what could not be stopped, and it is a sort of law unto itself that individuals have to take into consideration and to work around and to make accommodation for. According to the ancients, that includes the God's themselves who know not to beat their heads against what is just the way things are.

The general solution is to bide time until things gradually improve, including nature itself even to the point of how the things of nature are composed to a sub-atomic level. Meanwhile we are ourselves made up of basically an inferior material which is susceptible to the wayward way of the world and not just this planet but the entire creation.
So what represents itself as nature incarnate lays claim to our souls and is like a magnet which draws us to be captured into the belly of the beast, in way of describing it, owning us it thinks due to our physical aspect that makes us a part of it. Now this is where what we all God for lack of a better term, comes in to offset that thing we can call Satan which is the adversary to human life, to free us from that dread of the inevitable in current circumstances. Those individuals who had abstained from the pleasures of mortal existence and stayed in another form not dependent on the physical, who can be the shepherd of souls through the valley of darkness, to use a biblical term.

This really isn't an answer and I think it is something people have to came to terms with but for myself, I am aware as a lot of people who have gone through NDE's that death is something very real and that there is a place that people go, though I am very suspicious of the majority of accounts where everything is light and you have an enjoyable time or something. I think it is better described as a sort of Hades type place that is not especially nice but seems "natural" but nature as the enemy and something that needs to be overcome by the intervention of God.

edit on 19-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I totally understand your way of thinking. It's similar to my reasoning as well. " Sin" is really not a good word to describe what it is I feel it really means. To "miss your goal in the spirit" is how I interpret the word sin whether its used in the Bible or another text.

Here on Earth there are issues the spirit needs to overcome with the flesh and it's more of a challenge before encarnatimg into the body whereas we choose what issues we need to overcome, so there is a goal set.

When we go back home we are in somewhat of a transition whereas we see and feel within seconds our jouney here. We are counceled and we can even go to the hall of records and go into more detail the "goals that were not met" (sin). I think this makes the spirit eager to try again and then we find ourselves as an infant once again in time here on Earth.

We as spirits are for an eternity living lives and learning as creation continues to unfold upon itself.

Hell is a place that is on Earth ( hades) and a real place in another dimension, however it's not a place of torment for eternity. It's actually a lower level, of you will, of the Ultimate paradise.

It's actually something Jesus is said to have taught when he was within the community of the Essenses. Not in Qumran where John the Baptist lived but North of there where they lived in a community with their families. I believe Qumran where John lived was actually for celebrate men.

He is said to have taught the many mansions that are available to us through our works and actions we create here on Earth.

Let's say for an example our flesh was so corrupt that the spirit was unable to overcome it. The flesh was always feeding the flesh and blood. This certain flesh always put everyone last and catered to the self. If someone they knew was hungry, they didn't feed them. If someone they knew was sick, they didnt care for them, If a person they knew became homeless, they didnt offer them a place to stay, and if they knew someone needed a coat for the winter, they didn't give them one.

On the outside though this person seems very successful, they live in a nice home, drive a fancy car and have the cutest family we see at church every Sunday.

In the Law of the spirit, do you think this persons spirit was in line with their goal or do you think they missed the mark? ( Sin)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

In the Law of the spirit, do you think this persons spirit was in line with their goal or do you think they missed the mark? ( Sin)
I would not be in a big hurry to judge either way because possibly the person donates a lot of money to charities that deal with that sort of thing and he thinks it is better left to those qualified or more willing.

He is said to have taught the many mansions that are available to us through our works and actions we create here on Earth.
Jesus may have just meant that he was going away to create for us a positive relationship with God.

Hell is a place that is on Earth ( hades) and a real place in another dimension, however it's not a place of torment for eternity. It's actually a lower level, of you will, of the Ultimate paradise.
I see paradise as more an ideal that is the goal when we consider how the world should, and could, be a better place. Hell I see more as enemy territory, or the outcome of the universe having taken its own course and is operating for its own goals and not to benefit us. I think of it as what needs to be ultimately overcome somehow and what will take everyone's effort before it is achieved.

edit on 19-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 19-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Giving money every sunday is not a personal act of showing loce to your neighbor in need. Just my opinion anyway. A true intent of giving without anything on return is love.

There are many possibilties from anyones view point regarding heavens and hells. God or Gods can be viewed in so many ways too.

At the end of the day though my heart tells me my viewpoint doesnt matter, the true intent of my heart does though.

I see myself upon exiting this body going into and being consumed by the love of light.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I also grew up going to church every Sunday, and was taught the word of god. I never believed the stories and sermons and took it all for nonsense. Once I became an adult and joined the military, I was able to travel to the Middle East and interact with the types of people that wrote the testaments. Not a lot has changed since Jesus's time and after I began to understand their culture, this only further my belief that what I was taught growing up were in fact stories. But...... Have you ever heard the phrase "Within every story there is a grain of truth?" We share 99% DNA with apes, and just that 1 percent makes us dramatically different. The Mayans talk about genetically being created and placed here to serve, The first Mayan king was a white man with red hair. They created glyphs of spaceships and rockets as well as carvings of our solar system. They carved stone so precisely we cannot reproduce the technique with modern day tools. When God created Adam and Eve he did so from dust and a rib bone. Forget interpretation, what does this say to you? To the creation of man sounds very scientific. Many many more people are becoming enlightened to what will soon happen and besides how can we ignore the warning signs going on all around us cmon! We have world wide news at your fingertips 24/7. Floods are destroying Japan, Earthquakes and Volcanoes are erupting everywhere, Famine and pestilence are reeking havoc in different places all over the world. West Nile in Texas, with emergency measures being taken, Ebola outbreaks in Africa, In the Phillipines a disease that effected mainly children under 5 was taking them out. All Fast and all deadly. The civil wars erupting in Egypt and Syria. The Apocalypse describes four horsemen conquest(civil war), war, famine and death. During the tribulations 1/3 of the worlds population will be killed. Everything is happening just as explained and warned that it would. Glaciers are melting and giant chunks are falling of into the ocean. Places that are cold are becoming hot as warned. Were breaking records this year. Just recently an underwater Volcano erupted and produced a floating pumice stone island of over 10,000 square miles. A new microchip impanted under your skin in the hand or the forehead that contains your personal information including medical, financial bank information and your address was proposed on an old version of "Obama Care" some companies require this to be employed. The chip contains a 16 digit unique identifying number. Those that follow the devil who or whatever that may be are said to have a mark on their hand or head. What does this say to you. Piece it all together, become enlightened. To the person who posted the original thread. You know what is good and what is evil and you live your life. Humans have never been without that instruction, and repeated throughout our existence on earth. Jesus gave the gift of healing to his disciples and fed the masses. And taught us to do good in the world and to others. Moses followers survived 40 years in the desert on Mana promised by god which was a machine given to them and has since been reproduced and proven to be algae that can wholesomely sustain you. Google this its all there. I never believed the stories I heard as a child were actually remnants of facts. I've come to realize I was wrong. Listen. Your body is the only chapel or church you need to pray from. Your personal and private relationship with god makes you unique and different from every other sole on earth, yet connected to him and everyone of his creations at the same time.which is what he intended when we came into consciousness. The life you live and the choices you make under your free will determines what comes for you after this. All I know is something big is going to happen that will affect the world so dramatically everything and everyone will stop to pay attention. I cant help but look outside and wonder how I'm going to survive when that day comes or if anyone else I love or care about will. Even if it isn't destruction and is a rebirth of the world will I be safe from the ones that are left? What if the promised land is actually a planet the true followers of god get to go to and the meek that inherit the earth are the week minded, marked and evil people? Who knows whats in store but your on the right track stay true to yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlexFalcon

I agree with your sentiments on this topic FlexFalcon and for me I will continue to nurture my one-on-one with God. I know this is my path.

I won't speculate on what happens upon death because we won't know until it happens, but I hope it is a transition or opportunity for learning or experiencing higher consciousness and goodness.

There are so many different theories and beliefs about heaven and hell and if, through one's free will, you choose to believe the Bible verbatum because it feels right, then do so. If others believe in crossing over to other dimensions, reincarnation, going back to the primal energy (the light), etc., then that is their belief, that may well be their path.

As for why the OP should go to Hell? Maybe that question should be left up to the OP to reflect upon.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I won't speculate on what happens upon death because we won't know until it happens, but I hope it is a transition or opportunity for learning or experiencing higher consciousness and goodness.

I think death is a lot like . . death.
You don't learn anything while you are dead.
Learning happens in life.
My suggestion is that if you one day all-of-a-sudden find yourself in a place that you think is probably Hell, then you are in a place like Hell, by default. The next thing you will be doing is asking yourself if God somehow put you there. I would say no, that is a natural result of death and at this point nature is your enemy. Go ahead and appeal to the supernatural, otherwise commonly referred to as, God, to get you out from there and back to life because Hell might seem sort of like life, but it isn't.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hell is on earth. This is why Satan rules earth. This is why when you die, you come back as another person with your memory wiped. Only till you find the truth in your lifetime is the way to eternal salvation. We are all being punished but each and every one of us have a chance.

This is why God says in the Bible that people will be send to hell for a second death. The second death IS reincarnation on earth.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Hell is on earth. This is why Satan rules earth.
. . . people will be send to hell for a second death.

I would disagree with these comments.
Satan does not rule earth. The nature of the universe itself is bad enough on its own to account for negative type things happening in life.
Hell is a real place and represents the negative aspects of life and death in this universe as it is. Hell is actually death and not just another life, and hell serves a purpose of preventing any of your hypothetical future lives.
edit on 2-9-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Hell is a real place and represents the negative aspects of life and death in this universe as it is.

It most certainly is a real place, you are living in it now. There is war, corruption, greed, genocide, oppression, and manipulation rampant among the elites who run this world. These elites are the Lucifer of the bible, those who desire too much and want more love from god, so they steal what is not theirs and create systems that benefit them and them alone.

The second money (the root of all evil) was invented, a few wanted to consolidate the money into a few hands and they have succeeded so far. Earth is the closest thing to hell you will find, and it is run by the greedy who lie and manipulate to maintain their power. They have turned Eden into hell, and we are just along for the ride.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
No, hell is the grave. What you all are calling "hell" is the world, and you should get your terms correct. All this verbage about "hell = the world" only muddies the waters. Please realise that everything most people believe about "hell" comes from pagan, mythical, or fictional sources, especially the Hades of the Greeks, or the Hel of the Danes and other Scandinavian peoples. You are most certainly going to hell, which is to say, the grave. You are most certainly NOT going to eternal torment in a fiery "Hell."

Heaven, yes, hell no!

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join