It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting sighting of multiple orbs Pokrov, Russia August 1, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Of course in these days everything could be fake. There is no thing as an impossible fake. This one would be easy to make. But still: i trust my senses and listen to the reactions and the voice of the guy filming. And it does not feel staged to me.

I also dont think these are sky laterns as they move very rapidly until they reach "the group of orbs" and than stop moving so fastly.

Interesting.

of course its strange that he stopped filming after filming the houses....but maybe russians are easily bored by ufos

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
Of course in these days everything could be fake.

I also dont think these are sky laterns as they move very rapidly until they reach "the group of orbs" and than stop moving so fastly.

No not fake they are aircraft caught in the setting sun's glare. When they get to the point of the house they turn away from the camera now flying away from the camera. The are laughing and not to interested in them They probably see this a lot

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

It gives me the impression of a co-ordinated release of "Chinese Lantern" type objects in the background.

They seem to typically ascend as expected, drift with the prevailing breeze then begin to burn out in roughly the same area.... hence the grouping and the diminishing glow of the objects - and the inclination of the videographer to avoid to continue filming what seems to be the apparent burn out of them is somewhat suspicious.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
S&F for an interesting post!

I have to agree with the previous post that they could be Chinese lanterns. But they also could be something else. They could be disappearing as they move past the point where they reflect the sunlight to the videographer.

Regardless, a cool video.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I saw this video and thought about posting, but it looked too much like sky lanterns to me. I spoke with the man who filmed it and asked some questions regarding the video a couple of days ago. His name is Gennadiy Karaev and his YouTube channel is "gkaraev". He has a total of 6 videos uploaded none of which have anything to do with UFOs except this one. The rest are just him practicing Yoga or Bramari pranayama.

Mr. Karaev said that he went around the neighborhood the next day to find out if anyone else outside of his family witnessed the sighting, but nobody saw it because they were all inside at the time.

I asked if there were any airports nearby and he said "no".

I asked if it made the local news or any news in Russia and he said "no. Russian news do not report about UFOs, just about politics".

My next question was whether or not he believed them to be UFOs, lanterns, or any other man made object. He responded " Of course they were UFOs".

Then I asked if the objects made any noise and his answer was "UFOs flew silently"

Here's the original upload from Mr. Karaev that he posted on his YouTube channel on August 2, 2012

edit on 15-8-2012 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Interesting but looking at the angle and direction of the sun I believe it is reflections. I see this every morning thought they were UFO's but it was just my local airport...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The video isn't fake, those are real Chinese Lanterns your looking at and they are actually only ascending and being carried by the wind in the same way all Chinese Lanterns do.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm opting for Chinese lanterns too. Just the way they rise and drift off have all the hallmarks of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You can see the ones further away seem to be 'flickering'. Probably losing there flame that high in the sky!.
I gotta say , these look like Chinese lanterns to me.

top topics

join