It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Landed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wish i was there .. would have been the first one to go explore
and welcome whoever or whatever it is

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
at the end of the video you see what appears to be two cars driving away from the scene, you can see the headlights shining through the tree line.

it could be possible the two events are connected. making me think it could be something remote controlled, it lands they get in the cars and drive off.

no idea if it is though. it's just another possibility based on what is seen.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
One thing I fail to understand over and over again with these videos is why do people waste their precious times to make a fake video? WHY? Don't you have anything better to do?

"Dude I'm working on my new fake video I hope it turns out well"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This of all UFO videos looks to me to resemble a lantern. I can't believe I'm saying this. I just had a moment to experience what it's like to be Phage

edit on 15-8-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
This is a balloon of some sorts, like a Chinese lantern.

Yes, shoot me, because i use the horrible word "Chinese lantern". But this is what it is, since the movement, light etc. is entirely consistent how it would look if a C.L. would come down. Alternatively, it could be a remote controlled ballon with LED lights or something, but my bet is rather at C.L.

There is nothing indicating otherwise, no indication whatsoever that it would not be a Chinese lantern.

Oh really? Every- and I mean every- Chinese lantern I have ever seen (and Ive seen many) displays some very obvious characteristics- one of which is, when they burn out, they just darken and go out- they certainly do not drop to the ground with the exact same brightness as they had when they were flying, otherwise they would not have been airborne in the first place. Remember, when you are calling any and everything in these videos a 'Chinese lantern' that the main thing about these lanterns is they are powered by a candle, which gives off an orangey light, burns for a short time, then flickers and goes out. If the video doesnt display these characteristics, then its not a Chinese lantern, no matter how much you want it to be, and no matter how easy an off the cuff explanation it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

When you see a video like this look at Google Earth I did guess what an airport/airfield in that area

They say it lands in the woods it doesn't

At the start you can see a large hill/mountain at the left side look at Google Earth hills/moutains at the opposite side of the town from the airport

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Wish i was there .. would have been the first one to go explore
and welcome whoever or whatever it is

Go TO Ogden Hinkley Airport then flights most days

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

If your claiming that they were standing in the 'large hill/mountain at the left side' (NW), then I suggest you study Google Earth, as that would put them parallel to the main runway at Ogden, which runs NE - SW and the aircraft would have landed across their viewpoint- not straight at them as you seem to be claiming. Even the secondary runway runs N - S so there isnt a landing solution that fits your hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

If your claiming that they were standing in the 'large hill/mountain at the left side' (NW), then I suggest you study Google Earth, as that would put them parallel to the main runway at Ogden, which runs NE - SW and the aircraft would have landed across their viewpoint- not straight at them as you seem to be claiming. Even the secondary runway runs N - S so there isnt a landing solution that fits your hypothesis.

We dont know their exact position do YOU? two runways at that airport so guess what airport in the area in their field of view object doesn't land in wooded area as claimed so what is the most likely answer mog from zog or an aircraft!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Man made craft foo shu........
line2

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
When I see vids like this I can't help but wonder.

Do all these ORBS use some kind of light drive for power or do they really need headlights to see where they are going.

If I had an orb and was flying around at night, I don't think I would want everybody and his brother taking pictures of me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Thunda

We dont know their exact position do YOU? two runways at that airport so guess what airport in the area in their field of view object doesn't land in wooded area as claimed so what is the most likely answer mog from zog or an aircraft!!!!!!

It was YOU claiming to know the witnesses position, not me. I simply joined the dots on your idea by looking at the orientaion of the runways. And 'Mog from Zog'? Really? You have to sink to some half assed attempt at jokes to dig yourself out. You dont know what the object is- you may have a theory, but no proof, so how would you know where or how it lands.

As usual, the instant skeptical opinion, masquerading as fact, collapses under scrutiny.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

His youtube account has 120 UFO videos. He doesn't give any info on them. He could just be one of those people that finds and posts other people's vids. Going for the hits. I don't think there is much to this one either.

jmoho...Des

Yeah that YouTube channel "UFOsonEarth" is a website that also has a YouTube account. The original poster only has this one video uploaded. I thought maybe this was a helicopter, but couldn't hear anything that sounded like a helicopter. Maybe it was just too far away. It is an odd video.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
This of all UFO videos looks to me to resemble a lantern. I can't believe I'm saying this. I just had a moment to experience what it's like to be Phage

Who are you and what did you do with Human_Alien?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

It's his Sceptic clone...............

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So in the video it looks like they are on top of a hill or mountain overlooking the city....

Based on a map of the area, it is more than likely an incoming plane landing at Ogden Hinkley Airport.

MAP HERE

Not to mention Hill AFB is right there in Ogden too. I was stationed there for several years.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

All the lights in the picture are fuzzy and out of focus, so the "UFO" is no where near that bright or large if it were in focus, so I believe it is an aircraft, helicopter probably.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hill AFB is very close to that location. I am currently stationed there and we have a few squadrons TDY here right now. We have been flying at night for the past couple of weeks with 3 different types of jets. I am pretty confident that this was just a jet off in the distance.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Really....I feel like a betrayed politician.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So I have tried to contact the author of the video, to ask him where and what direction he was facing when he filmed this. If he was facing towards either the airport or Hill AFB, then I guess its case closed. He has posted 'follow up' video here:

www.youtube.com...

Its of the area he filmed it in, in daylight, although no info on direction etc. He comments:

"Here is what the area looks like during the daytime where my wife & I saw what appeared to be a UFO. I started the video in the same direction where I believe it landed. I drove down there today & there were mostly houses in that area, so whatever landed there landed in a yard or rooftop, and couldn't have been too big. There are also telephone wires that go right over that area as well. But anyone flying an RC helicopter would not have been able to see it from most places there since the trees tower over the homes there, and they probably would have lost sight of it. The field I thought it landed in was actually too far down the road to be the right place, plus that field had no trees between it & my home. I also checked the field for any crop circles just in case, but nothing there. So I can't say for sure if it was a UFO or just a toy. We will keep our eyes open for another sighting. If anyone nearby saw it we would love to hear from you."

Guess we will have to wait and see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join