It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Landed.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

AAAAALLLLLIIIIIEEEEENNNNNS !

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think aliens would land faster. These lanterns are going to be very popular. You can buy a box of them cheap and they are alot of fun.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

What a cool video it looks real to me, not an expert though...just checking out the video and looks real...if not video technology is very deceptive..not a meteor/comet, street lights, balloons and Chinese lanterns sure do not look like that!
edit on 17-8-2012 by corporateslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm the one that filmed the video. I'll try to write up more details about the whole thing after work tonight and answer as many questions as I can. We've been out watching for it every night since after sunset, but nothing yet. Hoping to get a better video of it. And by the way it was actually in North Ogden, so there are no airports up that way.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Here's some more details on what happened. I had just gotten a new pair of night vision goggles and the sun had just gone down, so jokingly I opened the back door and told my wife I was going to look for ufos. Ironically before I even turned on the goggles, I saw what I thought was a plane flying to the South. When I saw it stop in midair I hollared for my wife to come see the ufo. She came out thinking I was joking then she saw it & got really excited. We watched for about 30 seconds then it disappeared. I looked for it with my night vision goggles and couldn't see anything, but she said she could see a faint blinking white light. She has contacts and can see a little better than I can, because I lost track of where it was. About 5 minutes later the lights came back on, and it "appeared" to be across town, and was flying near the clouds, but not long until it turned it's lights out again. I hoped to have time so I ran upstairs to grab the first camera I could find, which was an old one, wish it would have been my newer nicer camera, but I ran back outside and it still hadn't appeared yet. We got to talking and then it came back on the third time, which is when I turned the camera on. We were pretty excited while watching it, but after I got to thinking, if it just barely landed across the street behind a tree, it couldn't have been as large as I thought it was, and I thought it was a lot farther away until it started to land.

There was never any sound, and usually I can hear people talking from that far away. On the 4th of July we could almost hear people's conversations from across that field to the homes below.

And the reason why I didn't go chase after it is because recently I was listening to Coast to Coast, and I can't rememeber the name of the guest, but he said he had once met Travis Walton and asked if he could do it all over again, what would he do differently. And he said that he wished he had never ran down to chase after the ufo they saw. Might sound like a lame reason but that's what crossed my mind at the time, and I was already pretty excited to go make a new youtube account & post what I had anyway.

I reported the sighting at www.nuforc.org. I'm hoping once they update their website to include this month, that there might be at least one other person who saw it. We heard a family outside shouting shortly after we turned off the camera. Couldn't tell what they were shouting about or if they had been watching.

Whatever it was it seemed to be putting on a show. I honestly now think it was probably just a a toy ufo or toy helicopter, but I don't know how they could fly it with the lights out for a while without loosing it. Also if the operator was at the same place it landed at, their vision would have been blocked by the trees.

I remembered a story about some ufo sightings down in Provo, UT last year, but it turned out to be RC planes. I watching the video and it doesn't look like what I saw. Here's the link to the story & the video: www.ksl.com...

It was fun to watch whatever it was. If we are able to see it again this time we'll go down & see if there's someone with a remote flying it around.

Oh yeah, and the video was actually taken in North Ogden. The location where it landed was around here:
maps.google.com...,+ut&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x87530b772f986d23:0x422f31458384607a,1300+E+2600+N,+North+Ogden,+UT+8 4414&gl=us&ei=goQuUO28CoqqywG1kYHgDQ&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA
I don't think it could have landed in that field to the left, but I could be wrong. I just think that would have been to far away for me to have been able to see it through the trees for a moment. My home was just to the Northeast of there on Mountain Road.
edit on 18-8-2012 by donnquijote because: Added details on location

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi, donnquijote, and welcome to ATS. Thanks for posting the info on your sighting.

You will probably get a flood of people screaming 'chinese lantern' now (although it doesnt display many of the characteristics of one) or 'aircraft'. That was the reason I got in touch. What some of the posters here are claiming is that what we are seeing is an aircraft landing in the distance, hence we wanted to know where you were when you filmed it and what direction you were facing.

Im not familiar with Ogden, but how far away would you say Ogden-Hinkley airport is? If you were facing South/ South West from the point you give on Google Earth, would you normally be able to see the flight path there? What about Hill AFB? If you can rule that out then its another thing it cant be.

I know you say you think it landed quite close to you, but people here are going to ask you how you can judge distance of a point of light in the sky at night. What made you think it was so close to you?

Good luck, and try not to take the questions personally- some people here have an abrasive manner in their 'search for the truth'.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Well, i live in ogden and i see helicopters every day and from the video, thats the average hight they fly at ( could be wrong) but there is a military base right next to ogden.... so if a ufo wants to get shot down for being an unknown object in military airspace, that is the place to do it....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join