It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Landed.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hi.

I was just watching a few videos when I saw this one that says it happened in Ogden Utah. It's a video filmed at night of a white orb that appears to land in the woods right outside of town.

So what do you think it could be? It's hard to tell right now I'm kinda up in the air.

Edit - Watch it at about the :43 spot. It looks like it stops and drifts off to the left. It could be a trick of the camera but I think the thing is being controlled.

Witness report: “First ever sighting of a UFO. 8/11/2012 in North Ogden, UT Saw it first over town with 3 red lights & 1 white light. It flew left to right, then across town & then turned off it’s lights. Lights came back on briefly while it was off in the distance across town. I ran upstairs to grab my camera and filmed it after it reappeared for the third time very close to us. It was as far as my camera could zoom so it’s a little grainy, but very impressive in real life. We watched it land in a grove of trees where a park is near our home. There was never any sound coming from it. Could possibly be a toy, but it seemed to have flown too far & too fast to be one. Watched the area for about 20 minutes and we never saw it leave.”

Source:
www.ufosonearth.com...

edit on 14-8-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wow that's a good one. Check in the morning for crop circles! Could it just be a simple helicopter though? Man why are all these UFO vids at night!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I love how the girl wants to drive over to see what exactly is going on while the guy is all "Noooooo".

What is wrong with people?
Go! See what it IS!

Other than that, I have nothing to add in consideration of what this video might depict.

link   
I'm thinking helocopter......... airevac or police?

Seems pretty populated where it landed. If it were E.T. I am sure that news would have hit hard enough about it that the X-Files people here would have created 36 different threads about it by now.

link   
Not buying it Their reaction is coy and with basic editing software you can move the "orb" in this video. Notice the orb looks just like the lights in the city. Coinsidence?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
So what do you think it could be?

When it lands behind the trees you get a sense of scale.
It couldnt be more than about 2 foot in size.
And the fact that it didnt seem to be under powered flight but just drifting tells me that its some kind of illuminated balloon, probably released by the videoers themselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcalx

Man why are all these UFO vids at night!

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it's easier for people to spot the lights.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

His youtube account has 120 UFO videos. He doesn't give any info on them. He could just be one of those people that finds and posts other people's vids. Going for the hits. I don't think there is much to this one either.

jmoho...Des

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My cat just watched your video

edit on 14-8-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
I'm thinking helocopter......... airevac or police?

Seems pretty populated where it landed. If it were E.T. I am sure that news would have hit hard enough about it that the X-Files people here would have created 36 different threads about it by now.

If it was a plane or helicopter I think it would have some blinking lights.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I'm glad I didn't get the "no no no...." cat.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Its just your typical You Tube video..This orb could be anything..I know if i thought a UFO landed id be in my car in a flash to go see what was going on but not them..I don't have anything else to add.. I'm just not buying it..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

On no! That one is reserved for the WTF category of video, at least yours had something in it!.......not a blimp!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

So. it doesn't appear to have beacons blinking (not aviation protocol).
Interesting change of direction at @ :40. (not drifting lantern).
Appears to move to left below the tree line (dangerous for aircraft of any type at night).
Appears to maintain shape and single light source even when changing aspect ratio.
No way to ascertain size or type of vehicle.

Love her reaction. "Ok babe, you go. I'll wait here and film it if it reappears."

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is a balloon of some sorts, like a Chinese lantern.

Yes, shoot me, because i use the horrible word "Chinese lantern". But this is what it is, since the movement, light etc. is entirely consistent how it would look if a C.L. would come down. Alternatively, it could be a remote controlled ballon with LED lights or something, but my bet is rather at C.L.

There is nothing indicating otherwise, no indication whatsoever that it would not be a Chinese lantern.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So in the video it looks like they are on top of a hill or mountain overlooking the city....

Based on a map of the area, it is more than likely an incoming plane landing at Ogden Hinkley Airport.

MAP HERE

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No way!

That thing is way beyond the city or any airport.

If it was a plane then it crashed.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You have to wonder why he would say that he was going to turn the camera off that quickly.
HEY! Didn't they just witness an amazing sight, a UFO landing in some trees at the edge of the town and also by a road (we see traffic) not too far from them?

That makes no sense. He would have let the camera run in hopes that the thing took off. --Surely it did at some point if it was a genuine UFO. So he would have let the camer run for a couple of minutes and finally said, after having edited out the lull, that they had observed for x more minutes and the thing never reappear. That would have "closed" the case, but he didn't play it that way. Since there was no departure of the "UFO" we must assume it is still there, he got bored and went to watch TV, or it wasn't a UFO and he knew it.

Actually, I noticed him telling us twice what the UFO was doing a couple of seconds before actually it started the movement. I'm thinking that was a voice over of something that wasn't a genuine UFO, something such as a so-called "Chinese lantern.".

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Okay well I clicked the link on the YT page and saw this....

Witness report: “First ever sighting of a UFO. 8/11/2012 in North Ogden, UT Saw it first over town with 3 red lights & 1 white light. It flew left to right, then across town & then turned off it’s lights. Lights came back on briefly while it was off in the distance across town. I ran upstairs to grab my camera and filmed it after it reappeared for the third time very close to us. It was as far as my camera could zoom so it’s a little grainy, but very impressive in real life. We watched it land in a grove of trees where a park is near our home. There was never any sound coming from it. Could possibly be a toy, but it seemed to have flown too far & too fast to be one. Watched the area for about 20 minutes and we never saw it leave.”

www.ufosonearth.com...

I guess I should have included that.......

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
OMG! dont you watch the films?
you will get got by aliens.

nut thats what THEY want you to think.

Originally posted by Druscilla

I love how the girl wants to drive over to see what exactly is going on while the guy is all "Noooooo".

What is wrong with people?
Go! See what it IS!

Other than that, I have nothing to add in consideration of what this video might depict.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join