It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Mianeye

The only place Ive heard of that is in Germany.

Yes, I too am wondering where Mianeye lives. Where cops don't shoot to kill even in extreme cases.

I've been catching some Dragnet shows, and a little Highway Patrol. So far, Broderick's been shot at about a dozen times, and even surrendered his gun to a guy who, while being maneuvered into arrest, kept trying the gun on various cops. Then he's like, OK, it's empty, don't shoot. No problem with a little gunplay with felons. The bad guy's arrested standing up, probably not even in cuffs. Broderick had urged the bad guy to stop shooting, as he doesn't want a to tag the guy with a murder charge. Several shots were fired by the bad guy, at Broderick, nonetheless, after the counseling session by the top cop. Outside the house, there were several cops just sitting idle during the gunshots. I wondered if they were going to take the suspect out for a few beers before processing at the lockup.

Same thing on Dragnet. Guy shoots at cops several times and then calmly arrested. They even had to disarm a live, unpinned grenade, at a party no less.

I really need to know where cops don't shoot to kill...en masse, even at small dogs. Sounds like 40 years ago.

As pertains to the story at hand...there do seem to be different ways to interpret the scene. We would know more if we had the posted speed limit (residential vs commercial strip). Was the off duty cop really flying? Or just a part of normal, expected traffic patterns. Some people are really into hard acceleration, especially if they're immune to all the camera tickets and stuff. It's hard to imagine having to ditch a bike at 25-30 mph. There's a lot of room for creative writing in such presentations.

Two against one is unfair, and the cop was injured. Obviously the father was wild with rage. What could the cop do?
Test shots in the air/at ground? Perhaps. Shoot to further enrage? Aim for center of attacking mass and squeeze?

And what if the gun gets away amidst this unfairly matched fight? I wish we had a more complete picture, such as was it dark, lighted, pitch black etc....

edit on 15-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
If someone was attacking me, punching and kicking, and I pulled out a gun and killed him in the street.. I would be in prison for at least 20 years.

Not justified until I hear more evidence that it was warranted to kill him.
edit on 14-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

Not in Florida...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Sorry, but I'm going to side with the cop on this one.
I would have shot the father as well.
The off duty officer is just in this case.

That's overkill. If someone is beating you down with their fists, and you resort to shooting them, then you're the one that needs to go to prison. Just because it's lawful doesn't make it right.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And I guess 2 people beating the crap out of someone to the point of losing consciousness isn't overkill? What universe do you live in?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

And I guess 2 people beating the crap out of someone to the point of losing consciousness isn't overkill? What universe do you live in?

I live in a universe where i do not want someone's blood on my hands. Taking a life is anathema to me and it is the worst kind of stealing, because you cannot give back what you take. Once it's gone that's it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If he wasnt a cop, nobody would be pissing their pants about it. I have no love for the cops, but if I'm injured and 3 people start beating me,I'm using lethal force to defend myself. The accident was not intentional. The beating was. Neither the cop nor the father are monsters. Just ordinary humans caught in an extraordinary situation which ended tragically. There isn't always an agenda. Sometimes the situation is what it is and that's all it is. I see the agenda in the post-incident judging and assumptions, not in the event itself.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by HomerinNC

I live in a universe where i do not want someone's blood on my hands. Taking a life is anathema to me and it is the worst kind of stealing, because you cannot give back what you take. Once it's gone that's it.

If the person being beaten, by a two to one match up, where both injury and rage are added to the unfairness of the match up, making it more like 3 to 1, what happens when the group gets hand on the cop's gun? In all fairness, it may not remain a fist beating, in this case, and the cop has got to weigh this, especially if he is fading. It's not a nice thing, but he may have saved his own life.

The cop has to consider all this, while being mobbed. It doesn't matter at this point if it's a cop or joe blow who has the gun. If it clacks to the street during the beating, then it's two to one that the beaters get the gun, and just as likely it gets discharged. The extenuating circumstances that perhaps the cop was speeding, being reckless, and was at fault for motor vehicle injury, do not matter in the heat of the moment.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
All the people who post here in defense of the father are actively showing ignorance. Something this site fights against.

Or they're just people who hate LEOs...regardless of the situation. I'm sure we could look into the evidence of their past posts to find the truth about how they really feel about cops.

I'll put myself purely behind the cop in this case.

It's sad the daughter was injured, but once the beating by two people began, I'm sure he felt his life was even more endangered.

The guy was injured himself people, this has been brought up time and time again on this thread. Put yourself in his shoes.

It is my opinion that if any of the previous bashers threads who say that they would not have acted this way...well, then they wouldn't be going home to their family. But they SUPPOSEDLY, did the right thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
As much as I hate cops, if the father was actually watching the little girl she wouldn't be dead. She was 4 years old and shouldn't have been wandering around in the road.

I agree but being a father of a 2 year old I know of two things....

A) they are sneaky you best not turn your head for even a second...
B) even if you do have an eye on them...it doesn't automatically leash them to your side...

I can sympathize with the father in this regard because I could only imagine the absolute horror and instant trauma having witnessed what he saw happen to his little girl...I don't know how collected I would be at that moment in time. Its always easier to judge a situation and a person from the comfort of having not been in those shoes...traumatic scenarios have a way of taking logic and rational completely out of the equation...at least initially...

I hope If I am ever in a situation like this (god forbid) I tend to my daughter over all else...at least until my cool head keeps me from making a horrible situation even worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I feel like I need a better picture too. I'm actually a bit conflicted after reading the other sources. It's a strange story. Sad story too. I don't care if the father was the biggest dirt bag in the world, that little girl didn't deserve this. That's what gets me, 3 kids just lost there father.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'd understand the rage-against-cop if it was your random empty clip into dog scenario you hear so much about, or another handcuffed, back of squad car 'suicide'. This was precipitated either by a true accident (unpreventable), or some sort of recklessness by the driver, and/or pedestrian.

If the Father had sense he'd have been tending to the girl, full time, while venting at the cop only when expedient to do so. She was alive, and that's something to tend to. We just don't have a good picture of the story, but there are some absolutes, at the critical junctures in what we do know. It's possible, too, that the Father was a loose cannon who was only a matter of time until he got someone else cornered. The story is too narrow to fully interpret.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
ok,

If you are under a nonstop assault of physical force...doesnt matter what it is...fists...hammers.....pipes.....gerbils.... and you cannot retreat.....and the aggressor will not cease his advance...you can shoot him.

And since cops are trained to shoot for the middle...usually that means yer dead.

The cop attempted to avoid the accident, he attempted to render aid to the little girl, he did not deserve to be assualted. The cop did all the right things in this case....

The father on the other hand should have at least shown some restraint until he knew he had cause to bring a ass beatin with him.

Cop is not at fault...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If the cop was a real man, he should have let the father beat the crap out of him while profusely apologizing. He should have been in control of his vehicle At All Times. Since he was not, he should have let another cop either ticket or arrest him, what ever would have been normally proper in the situation in fact he should have insisted on it - if he was a real man. At no time should his thoughts been on shooting the father.

But he wasn't a real man, he was a pathetic child bully with a god complex who should have never been given a gun.

Now this cop deserves the electric chair. No, that's too good for him. He needs to be tied up to the bumper of the mothers car and dragged through the streets until there is nothing left of him while wearing a sign that says "This is what happens to Stupid Cops who Murder children's Fathers in Cold Blood after running over the child with a motorcycle."

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
If the cop was a real man, he should have let the father beat the crap out of him while profusely apologizing. He should have been in control of his vehicle At All Times. Since he was not, he should have let another cop either ticket or arrest him, what ever would have been normally proper in the situation in fact he should have insisted on it - if he was a real man. At no time should his thoughts been on shooting the father.

But he wasn't a real man, he was a pathetic child bully with a god complex who should have never been given a gun.

Now this cop deserves the electric chair. No, that's too good for him. He needs to be tied up to the bumper of the mothers car and dragged through the streets until there is nothing left of him while wearing a sign that says "This is what happens to Stupid Cops who Murder children's Fathers in Cold Blood after running over the child with a motorcycle."

WOW... Hate cops much?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I don't get why

1 the cop didn't shoot a knee cap-
2 the father didn't have his 4 YO by the hand. If they can't be safe they can't be free-
3 why cops need a gun off duty. They are scared to not have one. That fear has killed too many people over the years.

I want everyone to imagine what would happen to this guy who left a widow and a grieving mother.....if she had a gun or the verbal skills to incite a riot, this cop would be dead. He might have to wear a bullet proof vest to court and avoid the mother at all costs. She might want to show him her pain.

The father would have beat the crap out of him, not killed him. He had no weapon. The cop is arguably better trained in the use of physical force. He would not have died by someone FIGHTING him.

Police will become targets now if they are not already. I see more hatred for police turning from idle words to want of action. Someone will kick it off......Police have failed themselves....and they will pay the price.

try serving a court summons or just be a constable in Texas.....see if you make it to the front door without pissing your pants.

Good and Bad Cops alike will pay the price for criminal negligence and the iron hand of the law gone wild.

God help us all.

edit on 15-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

WOW... Hate cops much?

Not at all. I just hate stupid cops who hurt people because they don't have the brains god gave a chicken.

I believe everything I said is true and at one time in America, the majority of the population would have felt the same way. The problem here is these days, these kids grow up, and become cops with no sense of morality, honesty and decency.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It is not the kids being crappy people that is the problem.

The problem is that they have created THOUSANDS up thousands of law enforcement agencies and filled the positions in such a rush that mathematically you have to have

criminals, unqualified LEOs, and finally bad apples that in a bad situation, surrounded by criminal mentalities like their own potential mindset, ROT and rot even a good precinct into a den of neglect and criminality. Places where cops can look the other way or sadistically enjoy being above the law.

That is the issue. The US population must be controlled for the upcoming festivities and the police are hired thugs at this point with a few real cops lost in a sea of mercenaries.

edit on 15-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm worried about the fact that more police seem to be shooting first and asking questions later.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by justin366

I'm worried about the fact that more police seem to be shooting first and asking questions later.

What did you want the cop to ask? 'Are you going to beat me to death?'

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I believe everyone has a right to defend themselves, and in THIS case it sounds like that is what the cop was doing, but there are plenty of stories in the news of police shooting when there is no need.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join